[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /diy/, I don't usually come here so bear with me. Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Extensioncord.jpg (1MB, 2090x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Extensioncord.jpg
1MB, 2090x1333px
Hi /diy/, I don't usually come here so bear with me.
Is there any way to mount an extension cord to a wooden desk without damaging said desk?

Pic related.
>>
Define damage.

You can usually mount them with screws.

Mounting tape will work and not damage the desk it you remove it correctly.
>>
>>940738

Magnets if the desk isn't thick.
>>
File: images-7.jpg (27KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images-7.jpg
27KB, 384x384px
>>
>>940743
Magnets will hold all the electrons in and then the outlet won't work anymore.

>>940738
>>940741
Yeah, pretty much comes to what you consider damage. If you're willing to screw things into the table then it'll be easy
>>
>>940741
Removing the glossy finish. Screws aren't an option since the desk isn't mine. I have some tape but was worried it would cause damage upon removal. What's the right way to remove tape?

>>940743
It's fairly thick, I don't think magnets would work.
>>
>>940748
>What's the right way to remove tape?
Heat or WD40.
>>
>>940748
What kind of tape are you using?
>>
>>940753
Pretty much this >>940746 but as a roll instead of strips.

>>940751
So just pointing a hairdryer at it should cause it to come off effortlessly?
>>
>>940738
I've used Velcro for many years. It allows rearranging strips and other computer shit and you can peel it off when not wanted. 2" wide is ideal. Walmart and craft stores have it or order online.

You can do very useful shit with Velcro, for example making strips to tie up your cables.

Also use zip ties to tidy up cords. You can cut them off as needed and they are cheap.

That combo of zip ties and Velcro (use Velcro brand) kicks ass.
>>
>>940770
This is what to buy:

http://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-Industrial-Strength-White/dp/B0006HWYJM
>>
>>940738
the correct answer is self amalgamating tape (can be peeled off with zero residue because it only sticks to itself) as padding, warp it to the desk leg, add wrap some velcro as padding, then put your thing on top, then zip tie the motherfucker down tight, the velcro padding will prevent the zip tie damaging the wood, but it will be more than tight enough for the extension cord
>>
Zip ties can work, depending on how the desk looks like.
>>
>>940738

Zip tie to leg (the desk, not yours).
>>
>>940811

This seems like the best way, you don't have to worry about tape tearing the desk apart.
>>
>>940771
Ive used this exact same brand of this shit to mount electronics to a plywood board. Works great
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.