[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LED TV Broken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6948.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6948.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I am stuck on Samsung LED though (model UN55FH6030FXZA). It has no backlight, passes the flashlight test, but displays backwards text. It also seems to blink 6 times as an error code above the power button. I called Samsung and they said the error code signifies nothing specifically. The person I got it from said the TV was doing some funny stuff before it finally cut off. Supposedly it would randomly display black/white fuzz and some other weird things. Any guesses on what I should replace? Accessing the LED driver or backlight inverter( whichever it is) will be tricky because it is behind a metal backplate. I have ordered a new main board and power supply board, really hoping that fixes it. It is a really nice TV and I will do whatever I can to fix it.What are your thoughts on the issue?
>>
File: image3.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image3.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
here's a closeup of the power supply board, all the capacitors look okay.
>>
>>940439
I would suspect the main board more than the power supply. If it can light up the screen long enough to display an error, then it seems that the controller is not telling the screen to turn on, so it doesn't. If the error was displayed backwards, that would only happen if the controller didn't know how to output to the screen properly, also pointing to the main board as the culprit.
>>
>>940481
Thanks for the help, the screen never lights up actually. the error code is displayed as the power light blinking 6 times. I'm thinking it has to be the main board too. I'm afraid the power board may have shorted out the main board so I'm not going to install a new main board without changing the power board at the same time. I may be wrong as I have very little experience but I don't want to chance ruining the new main board.
>>
>>940439
>I have ordered a new main board and power supply board

How is this even viable?
>>
>>940498
how do you mean? I ordered replacement boards for the two boards you see on the back of the TV, hoping they will be the ticket to fixing it.
>>
>>940505
How much did the two replacement boards cost? Is it a large percentage of the cost of the TV?
>>
>>940528
Oh i see. I got both for a total of $85. I think the TV cost over a grand new.
>>
>>940489
If the backlight's bad, you're probably screwed. But yeah I'd try those two boards first.
>>
>>940892
Better the backlight than the matrix circuitry for the screen. If it's that might as well recycle it.
>>
>>940916
What is your opinion on the backwards text being displayed?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.