[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im a computer engineering student living in a small apartment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: bomb.jpg (84KB, 537x346px) Image search: [Google]
bomb.jpg
84KB, 537x346px
Im a computer engineering student living in a small apartment and im looking for some kind of DIY hobby to pick up. What are some cheap "fields" that don't involve computers/electronics?

I would love to build some small vehicles with wood but idk
>>
File: yqHaZgg[1].jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
yqHaZgg[1].jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>940305
Wooden sticks
>>
slightly involving electronics but ham radio/shortwave is always a good hobby, to truly answer your question I'd recommend dirt bikes
>>
Chemistry. Make drugs in your bathroom.
>>
>>940311
>to truly answer your question I'd recommend dirt bikes
Yeah, riding dirt bikes is fun as hell. I actually used to own a dirt bike while i lived at my parents house but sold it when i started studying.
>>
I'm in the same position, and I've taken up archery (I make my own bows and arrows) and cooking.
>>
File: 0403151144f.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
0403151144f.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
I'll definitely buy a bike eventually. This man know what's up>>940311

>>940305
EE student here.
I bought a damaged A4, have been working on it and it's incredible amounts of fun. If you don't want to leave your apartment, there's not much I can suggest that doesn't involve electronics.
>models
the toys board may be more help with this.
>work out
any place with the exception* of /fit/ will help with this.
>Music/instrument
google may be more help with this
>painting
Bob ross may be more help with this
>get gf, play bed/board games
Leaving 4chan and going outside may be more help with this. Alternatively, check out other boards and see if any of their interests pull you in.

Are you looking for something to entretain yourself? What is something you've always wanted to build/learn/fool around with?
Us giving you recommendations here will go the way of spent money of something that will be abandoned quickly. Try hand carving wood.
Woodworking in a small apartment is the absolute worst, sawdust gets everywhere. Try it, see if that's your thing.

*they do have a decent sticky.
>>
>>940305
Why no electronics?
>>
>>940350
not OP but maybe he's trying to keep school and fun separate
>>
>>940350
I want to stay away from computers mainly because I already spend so much time programming, i like it but i need a change.

Currently 90% of my life as an engineering student is software development and partying.
>>
>>940646
guitar or some other instrument?
parkour or physical exercise of some kind.
all my electronics and computer work isn't good for me. can't be good for you either.

/diy/ related?
uh..
knitting?
>>
Bicycles. Get a used bicycle. Restore it, ride it. Repeat. Cheap, fun and good exercise to keep in shape.
>>
>>940667
> guitar
Cool
> knitting
Cool
>>940669
>Bicycles
GAY

If you live near a BMX park or something then fine but cladding yourself in Lycra and adorning every available inch of your bike in flashing fucking lights to distract and annoy other people you can fucking kill yourself please
>>
>>940704
>bicycles gay but not BMX
It's the other way around m8
>>
>>940704
BMX is a kids you isn't it?
>>
>>940704
BMX is for cockgobblers. Real cyclists just put shit together. Lycra is for sissy ass gaymen. What you need to do is build your bike to be a cheap piece of shit, and then go and gather more frames from the trash, fix them up, make money fixing bikes. Don't listen to anti-biking fatasses.
>>
>>940667
Knitting is cool but it's really just a time sink. Even if you're flying along and using the most basic stitches, it still takes forever. And I find that it uses enough of my attention that I can't really do something else meanwhile. You can watch TV or something, but that's about it. If you had a knitting machine and could just program it, that'd be pretty cool, but that's what OP wants to avoid.

>>940704
Flyover cager detected
>>
File: differential_gear_psf.png (81KB, 3459x1750px) Image search: [Google]
differential_gear_psf.png
81KB, 3459x1750px
OP here: I started building a wooden differential gear yesterday. Enjoying it so far but glue and wood is a pain in the ass to work with.
>>
>>941154
>>wooden differential
how? You making legit involute teeth?
>>
>>940305
model building and painting maybe? tried it once but i was a kid so i broke it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.