[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tooth Cavity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: cavity-molar.png (266KB, 400x654px) Image search: [Google]
cavity-molar.png
266KB, 400x654px
Hey 4chan i was wondering about filling in a cavity at home. Is there a way to fill it in safely and if there is how would i do it? Would using that filling replacement from walgreens work? and how would i clean it out so that i dont create a cavity under what i filled in?

Also pic not me, but is similar to what i have.
>>
No.

But since you want to do something wrong and cheaply, you might as well rub some white epoxy in there for shits n giggles. Then have it removed at the dentist like you should.
>>
>>940005
I remember someone died from giving themselves a root cannal with proper equipment.
Was not in a clean environment.
Died fron a severe infection.
>>
Your options are:

If the cavity is small, heal it.

If the cavity is large, pull it.

OR

Go to the dentist.
>>
>>940022
the chineese are making home made dialysis machines for shit they got at the hardware store and its not killing them.
>>
>>940032
They are also smarter
>>
If it's a very small cavity, you can fill it in with dental cement.

Make sure to properly irrigate the cavity to kill the bacteria inside first. You also might want a friend to do it for you.
>>
>>940005

Ooooh...diy dental surgery...my favorite topic...
>>
Oil pulling with coconut oil?
>>
>>940032
not to surprising when considering the following....
A Dutch physician, Willem Johan Kolff, constructed the first working dialyzer in 1943 during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands.[5] Due to the scarcity of available resources, Kolff had to improvise and build the initial machine using sausage casings, beverage cans, a washing machine, and various other items that were available at the time.
>>
>>940005
You'd be surprised what you can accomplish with random junk.

However, the limiting factor here is not technology, but medicine. You need to study up on tooth anatomy, surgical techniques, and infection control. Whether you do it with a piece of a shipping container controlled by an arduino or with real dental tools, it's the biology of your mouth that will kill you. Learn about that first.
>>
>>940005
3rd world problem, or USA
>>
>>940005
>Hey 4chan i was wondering about filling in a cavity at home. Is there a way to fill it in safely and if there is how would i do it?
first you would still need to remove all the decay that is there, else it'll just keep rotting away
if the nerve is visible (through the cavity) then you would need to kill & fill the nerve as well, and good luck doing that at home without real anesthetic

prolly should just go see a dentist
>>
>>940005
>>940026

This anon.

And I dont remember pulling it if its weak or broken even cracked. Infection will fuck you up and make a worse problem that youll see a surgeon for.

If you pull it nothing can be left. If a bit of the root cracks off you will end up with a fucked up infection.
>>
Pull it or dentist.
>>
>>940093
yea I knew it was some rinky dink shit from the mid evil times, didn't know it was yet another nazi contribution though.
>>
>>940005
>I cant afford dental care
Merica
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBNMg1H3ag8

you're welcome
>>
>>940981
yea, who needs teeth anyway
>>
>>940981

Wow.
>>
diy dentistry can help when you are in the poor house.
>>
>>940282
dental isn't covered in Canada unless you are literally dying from a dental issue.

Well, in Ontario anyway.
>>
>>941353
>tfw when my poorfag friends have been getting free dental care from a local clinic for the last decade

But do keep reminding us how well that syrup-funded health care is so vastly superior to the US...
>>
a bit off topic here but does anyone know where i can find something about the ortho guy that was here quite recently?
>>
>>941353
id recommend looking into getting done at a dental school
>>
Id suggest looking into it anon
>>
>>940005
If you're really cash strapped, go to a university for student dentists. It's way cheaper and supervised by a proper dentist.
>>
>>941353
go to a dental school. studens suck but its cheap

murrkans go to mexico.

alternatively negotiate a discount by paying cash. i have insurance now but before that i could get 20% off by paying upfront. all healthcare providers hate dealing with insurance.
>>
Speaking of /diy/ dentistry, has anyone heard anything from that guy who was on here like a year or so ago with his diy invisalign thing that he 3d printed refrencing scans and casts of his teeth?

>>940026
>heal a cavity
What do you mean by this? I thought that teeth could not redevelop at all.
>>
>>943778
>diy invisalign
I remember that guy. I wonder what happened to him.
>>
>>940005
Book a flight to Canada to get it fixed
>>
File: bern.png (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bern.png
12KB, 400x400px
vote for Bernie Sanders, get universal healthcare. problem solved
>>
>>943932
>Vote for Bernie
>Get cucked
Not thanks
>>
>>940005
Go to the dentist you retard.
>>
>>943921

Do you actually think Dental is free in Canada? It's not covered by the government at all, you have to have insurance or else you will pay out the ass.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.