[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know if you can remove the middle post in this type of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: slider_windows_replacement.jpg (24KB, 350x275px) Image search: [Google]
slider_windows_replacement.jpg
24KB, 350x275px
Anyone know if you can remove the middle post in this type of window?

I have one and one side of the window pops out easy but the other is sealed in and you can carefully remove that but then there's this post and no evidence how it would be removed.
>>
help
>>
>>939927
depends.
is it a sliding window? does it open? is that middle post structural? it probably is. if its structural then you need to cut out that whole window frame and install a lintel before replacing it with a non-standard size of glass.

you'd be better off just getting a window man to hook you up with a new window. better than not having a clue as to what you are doing and wasting money trying to randomly remove pieces from your house only to have the glass crack under stress.
>>
>>939946
The window it's self will not be supporting any weight.
A pic of the actual window would help OP
>>
File: window.png (875KB, 1252x858px) Image search: [Google]
window.png
875KB, 1252x858px
Ok here is the window, the right portion slides and can easily be removed but the left side does not slide at all, it is sealed in with caulk but we have carefully removed that before and still were unable to get the middle post out without breaking it but maybe we are missing something. (sorry for the white out but its necessary on this site)
>>
File: middle.png (572KB, 363x818px) Image search: [Google]
middle.png
572KB, 363x818px
here is the middle post
>>
>>940387
that looks like its part of the window
>>
>>940390
yeah definitely, i was hoping there was a magical way to get it out but sadly don't think there is. my problem is that I can't get a decent sized couch in my basement due to the fact its a split level and trying to go down the stairs is impossible because you can't adjust the couch at all to get it through the doorway
>>
>>940395
you might have to just take the whole window out, or settle for a sectional couch
>>
>>940395
try taking the door off the hinge and see if that helps

otherwise, you will need to get a different couch. You could also buy a flat-pack couch and assemble it in the basement
>>
>>940399
yeah i am wondering if I should just get a new window, not sure what that would cost. A sectional doesn't really help-the problem is the height/depth of the furniture
>>
>>940399
>take the whole window out

>>940443
>get a new window

Why? Take it out carefully. Shove couch through hole in wall, put same window back. Some work will have to be done to remove interior trim and expose the nailing flange on the outside. But it's not that difficult a job.
>>
>>940833
If you have the skill to re install the window, get a new one that both sashes can be easily removed.
>>
>>940395
You need a new window, it sounds like.
>>
>>939927
Heya op my dad's a glazier and I grew up building these frames should be one or two rivets on the top and bottom of it outside drill them our or remove however you do then measure and buy a piece of glass to fit it should have the lip edge for the glass sheet to sit in remember if you measure edge to edge of it then add 5mm each way instead of the 10mm it will need to be tight then buy rubber spaces and use them in the corners
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.