[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I buy a shitty bed frame? These bolts just slide in and out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 14543717134442124657461.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
14543717134442124657461.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Did I buy a shitty bed frame? These bolts just slide in and out of the frame, I can't tighten them and the bed feels like it's gonna fall apart at any minute.
>>
>>939882
You cant tighten them as in you can't force them into the material any more than you have, or that they just pull out immediately?
If A: Try harder or go buy a drill or impact driver or something and force that bitch in.
If B: Take the bolt out, goto the hardware store, and get one slightly larger.
>>
>>939882
It looks shitty. Ikea?
>>
>>939884
They pull in and out without any pressure at all, I've tried using the allen key but it does nothing.

>>939886
Brought it second hand, description said everything was fine with it.
>>
>>939882
Looks pretty useless m8, there's no thread on your bed bolt! I'd crack out the coach screws, that'll hold it together
>>
>>939882
London
>>
>>939891
Does it screw into a wood hole or a metal thread insert?
>If just wood, the insert probably pulled out. Get screws slightly bigger than the bolt.
>>
>>939891
And you believed it was just fine?
>>
File: missing nut.jpg (27KB, 501x657px) Image search: [Google]
missing nut.jpg
27KB, 501x657px
>>939882
what is on the other end of the bolt? is it threaded - if so it sounds like you are missing the threaded nut that the bolt would thread into. often these type of cheaper furniture there is a nut that slips into a slot then the bolt treads into it holding the two pieces together.
>>
>>939905
>Get screws slightly bigger than the bolt
might work temporarily but chances are this is made of crap press board - larger screws in place of the original bolt (and nut) would most likely rip the shit out of the press board making a bad situation worse.
>>
>>939914
This is your problem!
>>
>>939914
cont.
without that nut the bolt has nothing to hold on to and thus it will just spin and fall right out.
>>
File: missing nut.jpg (37KB, 781x656px) Image search: [Google]
missing nut.jpg
37KB, 781x656px
>>939914
labeled diagram...
>>
File: nutz.jpg (30KB, 656x305px) Image search: [Google]
nutz.jpg
30KB, 656x305px
>>939914
>>939917
>>939919
if this is the case it shouldn't be too hard to get replacement nut at a hardware store.
they would probably be square but even a 6 sided one would work.
>>
>>939922
one more thing; it will need to fit into the slot and be held in the slot such that it doesn't turn as the bolt threads into it...
>>
>>939882
Holy shit are we memeing or are we all actually this retarded? You're missing the other end of your bed bolt OP, have a look at what you've got there, does it have a thread on the inside of the sleeve? If so then just go get some replacements, if you have the threaded end then you need some cams. Home depot will probably sell all this.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.