[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this anon wanted to learn to solder and bought a soldering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: AnonGoesSolderingOn.png (2MB, 1560x666px) Image search: [Google]
AnonGoesSolderingOn.png
2MB, 1560x666px
So this anon wanted to learn to solder and bought a soldering kit. Said silly anon has no idea what these items are.

Any kind individual able to help out?
>>
File: SolderInjection.png (293KB, 479x324px) Image search: [Google]
SolderInjection.png
293KB, 479x324px
>>939821
The inside of the solder "injection". Spring loaded with a button on the side.
>>
>>939827
That's a desoldering pump, you use it to suck solder from boards.

Load the spring, heat up the solder, put the nozzle next to the liquid solder and suck it in by pressing the button.
>>
>>939833
Ok cheers, I figured that out with quora. What is the orange substance, and the other wire with in the image beside the keyboard?
>>
>>939836
The orange stuff is flux
the other wire looks like a spare element for your soldering iron? That's what's inside a soldering iron, anyway, so I'd guess if it came separate like that it;s a spare?
>>
>>939821
Did you get leaded solder? Much easier to learn with.
>>
>>939839
Thank you mate, now I at least know what to google

>>939840
Couldn't tell you, it's written in Chinese. Knowing them, yes, it's probably lead.
>>
>>939841
Post a pic, I'll tell you what it says.
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 1735x772px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1735x772px
>>939845
I can see that the solder is hollow too
>>
>>939850
name:huarui solder
model number: hx-xb
specification: 4#
diameter: 0.8mm
melting point: 217 C
weight: ~15g
length: ~2500mm
standard: GB/3131-2001
other:

judging by the melting point it probably isn't leaded, not sure, doesn't say specifically. That's fine tho, it doesn't need to be
It's hollow because it's filled with rosin. It helps the flow of the solder.
>>
>>939857
Cheers

Ya it's a bastard to get working
>>
the small green and blue plastic things appear to be spudgers. you jam them into the seams of devices like phones and tablets to pop the clips open.
>>
>>939898
cool, thanks!
>>
>>939821
what keyboard is that?
>>
File: 1454005516264.gif (41KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
1454005516264.gif
41KB, 200x240px
>>939827
>solder injector
Holy fuck you can't make this shit up.
>>
File: 1450424330185.jpg (46KB, 550x545px) Image search: [Google]
1450424330185.jpg
46KB, 550x545px
>>940631
Just be glad you havent gotten hooked on the solder.
The injector is for IVing it into your veins, you are a junky the first time you try.
>>
>>939821
white thing below blue thing is spare heating element for the soldering iron.

solder is the coil of metal wire

blue and green things are basically guitar picks for wedging open phones and shit.

big blue thing is solder sucker

orange thing is flux, used for making the solder flow better.

rest are tweezers.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.