[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Electriciaggots Report In

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: upgraded lighting.jpg (615KB, 2477x1196px) Image search: [Google]
upgraded lighting.jpg
615KB, 2477x1196px
Sup /diy/cks, anyone know if I can substitute in a waterproof solar panel for the one that comes with the set of lights? (see pic)

More questions:
>The 12v solar panel appears to put out 1.26W, but the lights appear to require just 0.7W; will they only draw what they need or will the 12V solar panel melt them?
>Would I be able to splice in some wire between the power source and the first LED? I want to put the panel in a sunny place that will be removed from where I actually want to put the lights, do I need to figure in some added resistance?
>How do I read the specs on the light? basically how can I answer my own questions about these kinds of things going forward?

Any and all knowledge on simple wiring techniques and fundamentals extremely appreciated.

Thanks
>>
Also, is the panel that comes with the light good enough to support the splicing-in of additional wiring? Would the easiest thing to do in this situation be to build some kind of upgraded housing for the panel that comes with the set of lights? What would be the best material to cover the panel with? Clear plastic like the kind used to frame artwork?
>>
It would probably be easier to start from scratch than to mod some cheap shit
>>
>>939872

But what about a suitable casing? He'll have to either buy one or build one, with the risk of leaks.

Might as well see if you can hack something up, no need to reinvent the wheel and all that...
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.