[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I buy gloves like Imelda Marcos bought shoes. I lie to myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: web.jpg (52KB, 328x396px) Image search: [Google]
web.jpg
52KB, 328x396px
I buy gloves like Imelda Marcos bought shoes.

I lie to myself that I'm looking for the "perfect work glove" but I know that no such thing exists.

One of my favorite though is pic related: Rig Lizard Oasis 2022

>pros
cut protection
full hand impact protection
mesh back liner so breathable
good grip even when dealing with oil covered crap
high dexterity, only have to take them off for the most delicate of tasks

>cons
mesh rear liner, liquids and dirt make it inside
terrible in cold weather
expensive

What are your goto gloves?
>>
Uhh, mechanix. Whichever I see first that have impact protection. I buy them on a pcard, so I'm not ordering odd-brand shit like 'rig lizard', and every other glove brand available in stores besides mechanix and monkey grip are shit.
>>
>>938476
>odd-brand shit like 'rig lizard'
Hexarmor isn't "odd-brand" friend. It's the goto brand in the oilfield if you want better protection than the hamburger helper gloves give.
>>
>>938472
the perfect one for me is

typical cheap cut resistant gloves with pu coatings

- cut protection
- no impact protection but i dont need it
- maximum dexterity as far as gloves can go
- breathable
- cheap
- washable
- good grip

the thing is, you can either have breathability or water resistance, and dexterity or impact protection, these things are mutually exclusive
>>
>>938478
>dexterity or impact protection
The ones in the OP will seriously surprise you in this regard. I can easily work with telecom wires with them on...not saying that they're the right kind for you, just more that glove design has gotten pretty advanced in the last few years.
>>
>>938481
how thick are they at the fingertip? you have piqued my interest
>>
>>938486
Not very. The use the design where it's basically a flat piece of fabric that circles around the side and front of the finger. The top and bottom is attached to that. The seem is decently small, but more importantly, it's mainly out of the way from the work areas of the finger.

The ThornArmor gloves might fit your needs better: http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/thornarmor-3092.html
https://www.thornarmor.com/

But, again, you're talking about a $40-$60 pair of gloves...

If you're wanting impact protection, there's also the Chrome Oasis (anything with oasis in the name means it's made with the breathable mesh).

>inb4 shill
Yeah, I guess I am kinda shilling for this company, but it's because I've used the shit out of them and love them.
>>
>>938499
>holding a cactus
i chuckled

>penetration level 3
nice
>>
>>938505
>>holding a cactus
What? You don't regularly grab a potted cactus by the cactus?

It's like you don't even know how to garden.
>>
>>938508
you are right, i dont know how to cactus
>>
>>938513
That was sarcasm...sorry.
>>
>>938516
that was sarcasm too, sorry
>>
>>938519
>>938516
thank you poe's law
>>
File: efvg.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
efvg.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
my current go to glove
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-X-Large-Fingerless-Mechanics-Glove-67124-16/203607126?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-BASE-PLA-D25H-Security&Safety%7c&gclid=CjwKEAiA27G1BRCEopST9M39gykSJADQyqAl2v5Yym6xZUQcIgGBzlUZUOFMMKjo67k9Joi8Xh9uchoC8P_w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

demolition and construction.
would like suggestions for other fair priced finger-less gloves
>>
>>938499
Have you used those thornarmor ones? I see them in catalogs, but never anyone using them.

I work in a mold shop and there's these pieces of fucking steel swarf about the size of a human hair, and even with leather palm gloves, they always manage to get into my fucking hands.

My problem is that I have to be able to change the tool head in the CNC machine without taking my gloves off every 5 minutes.
>>
>>938818
No, sorry I haven't. I have to have impact protection so they're nonstarters for me.
>>
>>938840
Boo. I'll go find a landscaping forum I guess
>>
Leather gloves all the way, or fingerless with pool-over mittens (wool of course) if it s cold.

But then again I'm a geo so I don't have to touch the crud you guys do, just gotta hold my pencil. Hah

>>938818
What about kevlar
>>
>>938671
I don't dare to wear fingerless gloves, even as an electrician because bullying
>>
>>938472

If you just dont wear gloves like a faggot your hand will become cut resistant and will develop superior grip
>>
File: jerseygloves.jpg (39KB, 490x690px) Image search: [Google]
jerseygloves.jpg
39KB, 490x690px
>>938472
Call me a cheap bastard but ive used the dollar store jersey gloves all my life. keep my hands relatively warm and protected and if they ever get fucked up i got another 20 pair in the truck
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.