[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Routering panels for my bench and I got a new raised panel bit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: DSC05271.jpg (2MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05271.jpg
2MB, 2816x2112px
Routering panels for my bench and I got a new raised panel bit but its fighting me every turn.

I needed more lip to carry the panel in the dado, so I removed sealed ball bearing to gain some room.

Set up is still eluding me and I wrecked a spare panel I glued but replaced due to it being cupped.

Help me 4chan, your my only hope.

I am using a router table with an insert and this limits how far up the bit can extend. The bit is for 3/4" panels so not sure how Im fucking this up.
>>
>>937935

If you've removed the bearing, you can grind the neck of the screw shaft down to a level of the router kives or lower...this will allow you to run past the center point of the bit...jig up a fence to run your panel against...make multiple passes as this can and will kill the router...

Hope this helps...
>>
>>937935
Have you tried just buying a larger router, or perhaps an extension. imho that bit is not sharp.
>>
Lol lower the router depth for more room??
Or make a quick new insert for the router table for the distance you need. Just grab plywood, make a shell deep enough for however much you want the bit to show and cut it.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.