[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /diy/, welderfag here. I'm looking to start doing some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: irisliliypads.jpg (96KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
irisliliypads.jpg
96KB, 480x640px
Sup /diy/, welderfag here. I'm looking to start doing some metal fabrication at home. What are the basic tools I'm gonna need? I wanna build stuff similar to pic related eventually. Also does anyone have any recommendations for a tig welder that can run off household power?
>>
>>937857
You want to build a dead horseshoe crab?
>>
>>937868
Don't judge him
>>
>>937857
>welderfag here. I'm looking to start doing some metal fabrication at home. What are the basic tools I'm gonna need?

probably the same tools you use in the field
>>
>>938054
Two kinds of people exist, those who use their brains, and those who do not. You are one of the former.
>>
>>937857
Could anyone give me input on this >>938739

Thanks guys.
>>
Visit the Miller forums and Weldingweb. NOW.

No matter your experience level they are full of awesomeness and info.

If you are gonna TIG the best welder deal depends on WHAT you want to TIG.

I've contribooted thousands of posts on Weldingweb but both forums are good. I'm more an equipment guy than expert welder (due to eyesight) but I weld OK.

"Household" power is 220 is you want to do anything useful. You can't do shit with 110 except very thin stock.

If OP is a real welderfag, ignore the shit brands and get quality. If you have space and aren't a pussy about moving equipment (since you weld, weld a dolly if needed) used industrial single phase machines can be great deals.

I have Miller, ESAB, Thermal Arc and Lincoln but I choose based on model more than brand.

Seriously. Visit those forums and abandon this thread. You will have all the info on any aspect of welding you need, and plenty of owners to ask directly about any machine you might be interested in. You can learn how to get the best gas cylinder and consumable deals too.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.