[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Furniture Thread: Post Yours and answer questions A Pair of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: DSC05146.jpg (3MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05146.jpg
3MB, 2816x2112px
Furniture Thread: Post Yours and answer questions

A Pair of Deacons Benches in Yellow Cedar
>>
File: DSC05259.jpg (3MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05259.jpg
3MB, 2816x2112px
Another view further along. The 16 panels are glued and cut but need a routered profile
>>
File: Coffee table.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Coffee table.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
A steel coffee table I'm in the process of making.
When it's done it will be powder coated black, have chrome feet and a 10mm thick glass surface.
>>
>>937638
>>937711
Neat.
>>
>>937711
Good thing you have a concrete floor to hold it up. Whats the total weight?
>>
>>937638
looks good OP. what sort of finish you gonna use?
>>
>>937735
I used Epithane on my Purpleheart audio stand but had to use 3 coats (all diluted with thinner to get better flow)

Ill test it first on a scrap
>>
>>937740
post the stand; would love to see how that came out
>>
File: DSC05268.jpg (2MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05268.jpg
2MB, 2816x2112px
>>937741
just a second, I have stuff piled in front of it

About 17 inches wide, 44 inches long and stands on black iron pipe screwed into pipe flanges
>>
>>937743
How much trouble did you have working the purpleheart? I wanted to use some to make a box for my niece, but she chose teak instead (it's not a large box, so it didn't completely fuck my wallet). And as we all know, teak is a pain in the ass. I'm just wondering how purpleheart compares.

BTW, that looks amazing.
>>
>>937743
>second
looks good anon; well done!
>>
>>937751
Its pretty hard and a bit brittle at times. I got some chipping from the router profile used on the edge of the board. I went in smaller amounts and it worked better but not perfect. Had to sand it a bit to get it smooth between coats also.

Due to the width, I had to take it to a shop with a big planer to flatten both pieces.
>>
>>937731
About 45kg (100lb) at a guess, but that's mainly glass.
The frames about 15kg, and I'd estimate the glass to be 30kg.
>>
>>938089
Glass is very heavy.

A few years back, a drafting firm split up and theyt were getting rid of a glass desk which my wifes friend wanted.

He also had some other odd peices and had TWO old sheets of Corning Pyrex, 4ft by 8ft sheets 2" thick

I want to use one for a table but at over 700 lbs not workable
>>
>>937930
When I finally get around to making a decent worktable, I'm going to build a router jig that'll allow me to plane larger pieces of wood. Ron Swanson had one on a YT video and I about shat because it was so simple and so reasonable.

Just FYI in case you ever want to avoid bringing in large planks to some outside shop. Might save you some money in the future, depending on how much woodworking you like to do.
>>
>>938143
Damn. That must of been an impressive piece of glass.
Luckily my tables only 3ft x 2ft with glass less than 1/2 inch.
I was planning on making a large desk in the same style, but now I may reconsider.
>>
>>938337
This glass was used for industrial purposes.

Like inspection ports inside chemical reactors.

I bought it, wanting to make telescope mirrors out of it for a business at some point, but I various people know I own these and want them for their fucking lofts in Vancouver
>>
File: procesv2.jpg (2MB, 4656x2796px) Image search: [Google]
procesv2.jpg
2MB, 4656x2796px
table top (oak) I've resawn to a small coffee table (400x400mm)
>>
>>938465

Wasting dat oak, why not leave it with flaps on the side?
>>
>>938465
nice.
>>
>>938465
maybe also re-use the cut off pieces for a shelf or something?
>>
>>938465
You'll get some nice turning blanks form those offcuts.
>>
>>937711
That thing will destroy all the kneecaps in the world
Cool though

>>938143
Oh man what I'd do to get that much free pyrex
>>
File: 1.jpg (469KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
469KB, 2592x1456px
>>937635
Just finished two of these.

Pre finishing.
>>
File: 1.jpg (546KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
546KB, 1456x2592px
>>939005
Finished w/ wife's decorations. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? This was my first project.
>>
>>939007

Looks good, just hope you banded or picture framed that top piece of ply as it has some voids. Need dat baltic birch bru
>>
>>939010
Seconded. Once you go "Baltic" you never go black, I mean back.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.