[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I found this guy on Facebook. Would anyone here trust him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1453916100762.jpg (42KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453916100762.jpg
42KB, 528x960px
So I found this guy on Facebook. Would anyone here trust him to work on their house? Seems kinda shotty work to me.

Facebook : Big man mechanical
>>
Wait... is that gutter draining INSIDE the house?
>>
>>936974
I was more laughing at the handrail setup, but your right, it looks as though it's headed to the basement.
>>
>>936976
it probably drains into a submersible pump... whats the problem?
>>
>>936986
The problem with the handrail? Nothing I guess, if that looks good to you then it must be ok.
>>
>>936974
why a handrail for 2 steps?
>>
>>936972
Handrail looks extremely skimpy. Like something I'd make with the wood scraps in my garage. Don't know why you'd pay a man to do this for you when you could build the same thing without plans in 15 minutes. The angles are all off as well.
>>
>>936996
Insurance company demanded it, maybe?

They did the same thing to me after owning the house for eight years... I had to put a rail on the 2-step man-door to the garage on the back of the house in 30 days or they'd cancel my homeowner's policy. Code didn't require it, so it didn't have one.

I refused to spend money on it so I made something out of scrap PVC and some 2x4s and painted it grey.

Their auditor said it was good enough so fuck them.
>>
>>936994
No, the problem with the gutter going into the basement.
>>
Negating looks, only thing I'd be concerned about is the use of interior handrail and hangers outside. Even if you dipped that rail in urethane it wouldn't hold up for long to the weather and the brass plated brackets will rust away in a few years.
>>
>>937035
Not the guy you're quoting but anytime a gutter goes into a perimeter drain feeding a sump it is bad. Gutters need to discharge away from the foundation not into it. Sump wells are necessary evils in places with poor drainage or water table issues. One should never compound that problem by dumping more water into it.
>>
>>936986
>whats the problem?
Why would you drain your roof into a basement in the first place? Why not drain away to a grade or weeping tiles? By the looks of that handrail who knows, might be collecting rain water down there for bathing.
>>
>>936996
my mom needs a hand rail for one step. she had surgery on both of her feet and can't put
>>
Obviously hasn't got a clue what he's doing to make that handrail and proudly post it on Facebook
>>
>>936974
>>936976
>>936986
>>937035
>>937040
>>937065
Jeez guys, pay attention. that's obviously an enclosed porch, not original part of the house. So when they did the shitty addition, they routed the gutterwork underneath to the drainage pipe on the other side of the porch.
Because it's an enclosed porch, there would BE no basement.

But yeah, been helping a friend look at houses and there's a TON of this kind of shitty handrail at pretty much EVERY bank owned house. usually 2x4 and not 2x2 though.
>>
I wouldn't trust that hand rail to put any weight on it.
>>
File: 1439614261810.gif (1MB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1439614261810.gif
1MB, 150x150px
>>936972
Jesus, that handrail looks like it's going to collapse if a leaf touched it.
>>
>>936972
>2"x4"
Jesus that's terrible. The support should have been 4"x4" cemented into the ground at a MINIMUM. Also that middle post should go all the way down as well.

2/10 - shotty work
>>
>>939100
bank owned houses are required to have handrails for all exterior steps for insurance reasons in some jurisdictions. occasionally shoddy handrails get installed in these types of situations because they realize typical homeowners do not need or want handrails for 2 steps. when the house gets sold its easy enough to rip out 2x2s rather than 4x4s in cement. the ease of removal becomes a selling point rather than ugly liability.
>>
>>936996

Well, for one, FHA won't approve the loan if their inspector notates no handrail on steps. In other words, if it's a piece of shit home and the only people likely to buy it are those with an FHA loan, the owner would be shooting him/herself in the foot.

That said, I don't know how the fuck THAT will pass an FHA inspection. Then again, I've heard them let stupidly egregious stuff fly.

>>937024

Sucks man. My insurance agent has been the same for 3-4 years now and he only has me email me pictures of the front and back each year. Doesn't even ask for the side (which has a 3x2 porch and about 4 steps).
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.