[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Periungual wart removal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: tmp.png (149KB, 390x330px) Image search: [Google]
tmp.png
149KB, 390x330px
I'm doing some dyi wart removal. It's a periungual wart, i.e. around the fingernail. I have been applying salicylic acid daily and gradually removed dying tissue, for about three weeks. At times, it has been very swollen and painful.

Today, a huge, squishy lump came off without any pain. Considering the depth of the crater and the pink-red fleshy color at the bottom, I am hoping I am rid of the bitch for good.

The important question is how to proceed from here: leave it the fuck alone and see what grows back, or to keep removing tissue and applying acid.
>>
>>935948
Just go to the doctor
>>
>>935950
I have been consulting with two close relatives who are doctors. It's all safe and sound and by the book.

I primarily hope to hear from someone with first hand experience on how to tell you've got the whole root.
>>
>>935956
Well fair enough then
>>
File: 31j5AWoCf0L[1].jpg (14KB, 500x306px) Image search: [Google]
31j5AWoCf0L[1].jpg
14KB, 500x306px
>>935948
i had one on my foot and did the same. You use these pic related
cut around the perimiter in a cone downward while twisting back and forth and you should end up with a core surrounded by dead shit. you have to pull the core out you cannot cut it or you will not get it all. It rips and hurts like a motherfucker and bleeds everywhere but then its done and you pack the hole and there is no more wart.
>>
>>935948
I had 3 I just kept cutting off and they stopped coming back.
>>
>>935948
freeze it. wait for the top layer to die. cut it off. repeat.
>>
>>936027
I would have been going in a lot more aggressively if the wart was basically anywhere else, but the tissue near the fingertip and the nail is very sensitive and doesn't necessarily regenerate properly if I damage it too badly.

When I removed what left behind the crater in the picture, it was all way too mushy to pull anything with it. It was just a nasty sort of half-liquid mass without any real structure to it.
>>
>>936045
That's basically what I've been doing, but with acid. What I'm not sure about is when to stop. It's hard to tell what's wart and what's just hardened skin and what's part of the nail that's been fucked up by the wart.
>>
>>936048
take a pumice and grind that shit down to a bloody stump then put peroxide on it and triple antibiotic ointment with a bandaid it will not come back. it's called debridement
>>
Seems like this might be the right thread. Recently I've really been getting in to degloving. Any anons out there have tips or tricks on how to do this at home?
>>
>>936144
Wrap a guitar string around your finger a few times and leave a decent size length hanging off--then start fucking with a lathe. Should achieve maximum degloving almost immediately.
>>
I have removed warts with the acid treatment, with the freeze kits, and with dry ice.

The acid took 3 weeks for a foot wart. First it turned white. Then a circular area around the wart got hard and came off like a scab. Then the center flesh mass popped out and looked tear drop shaped.

The freeze kit took 3 or 4 days of treatments. The skin turned white, raised up a few cm from the surrounding skin, and peeled off.

Dry ice took 1 treatment. The flesh froze solid for a minute. It sunk in a cm then formed a blister of pus and blood. The wart did not come out, but did not grow back. Left a scar.
>>
the truth is, it's very case specific. some people have more resistance to the treatments than others. I myself had clusters of warts on my foot that took about a year and a half of treatments to get rid of.
For a full year I got them scraped clean and frozen at a clinic once a week, (which kinda hurts) and they kept coming back.

then I saw this podiatrist 3 times in four months, and he put some really bad shit on there, cause I saw him not even once a month and then poof, gone.

The shitty part was that the real bad stuff hurt like a motherfucker ( not immediately but after a couple hours) It was so bad i couldn't walk on my foot for almost 2 days every time.

and i had to keep putting salicylic acid twice a day between treatments.
>>
>>935948
Had a big one on my big toe. I just went at the bastard with some coarse grit. Didn't hurt because no nerves grow, bled for while, scabbed over, and disappeared.
>>
File: tmp.png (183KB, 362x377px) Image search: [Google]
tmp.png
183KB, 362x377px
>>935948
Here's a new picture, about 36 hours later. I have scraped away some dead skin and the tissue has dried up.

The bottom of the crater seems perfectly healthy to me. I'm most worried about the boundary between the crater and the nail, which looks sort of weird. I hope it's just damaged / crusted / thickened skin.

Note that I have actually cut away a fair bit of nail to get at the wart - part of what you're seeing is actually exposed nail bed. My best bet is probably just to keep checking the tissue after showering. The cauliflower-like structure of wart tissue is generally most recognizable when it gets wet and expands.
>>
I had a huge one on the sole of my foot some time ago, and it looked like some district 9 shit. I eventually got tired of it and ripped it out with my leatherman and stabbed anti wart shit into the crater. Stung a bit but it hasn't ever come back.
>>
>>936841
>I'm most worried about the boundary between the crater and the nail, which looks sort of weird
It'll heal, it will just take a while.

I had a stubborn plantar wart, same thing where I treated it with salicylic acid pads for quite a while, it finally came off making a deep crater like your OP pic. Never came back.

Salycylic acid was actually a follow up treatment for me. I had my dermatologist zap a few warts with a laser, it hurts like fuck, but it usually works really well. Much better than those freezing kits.
>>
what i did with my foot was get a scalpel, and slowly shave off layers of the wart. left a mad scar though, don't know if you want to do that with your hand
>>
>>936144
>getting in to degloving
Why in the fuck?
>>
>>935948
I had one on the outside of my thumb. Over the years I tried to cut it out a bunch of times and it kept coming back.

In the end, I just pressed it against the side of a fresh cup of coffee in a ceramic mug until I couldn't feel it burning anymore. It blistered but like a bitch, but when that healed, the wart was gone, never to return.

In short: Burn that fucker out.
>>
Old family secret to removing planters warts: formaldehyde.

Got a small jar of some from a pharmacy. I think she charged me $10. It'll last me a lifetime.

Take a q-tip, dab some on the wart every day until it dries up and dies. Doesn't take that long.

I had a wart on the palm of my hand for like 20 years. It was so deep under the skin I just thought it was a defect or a calcium hard spot. But just to see I started treating it and two weeks later it was gone.

Cheap, easy, and pain free.
>>
File: tmp.png (156KB, 355x360px) Image search: [Google]
tmp.png
156KB, 355x360px
>>936841
Another two days or so later. Seems to be healing well and no signs of the wart regrowing.

Successful treatment with salycylic acid over three weeks. Cost me about $10, took three weeks, all done at home with little effort.

Only noteworthy downside was about two stretches of two days of throbbing pain, not quite as bad as a very mild headache.
>>
>>937961
This sounds like basically the same idea as using acid. Both dry the wart out and irritate the surrounding tissue. People seem to be having success with all sorts of vinegar and duct tape, too. I don't have enough warts to try them all and find out which is better.
>>
>>937961
I'll take the medical community approved method of salicylic acid over your family's use of a carcinogenic chemical.

Thanks though.
>>
>>938229
>no signs of the wart regrowing.
if you say so. looks like it's still there to me.
>>
>>939115
Are you thinking of the area on the side of the fingernail? If so, please elaborate.

The bulge behind the nail is definitely a wart, but I haven't gotten around to treating that one yet. I figured it would be best to start small and figure out how it all works.
>>
I had a wart right bang in the middle of my heel for about 5 years.
Went to a couple doctors, tried several treatments, including debridement and acid.

It would grow right back.

Got fed up, and took to my heel with a stanley knife.

Cut out a circular cone, maybe 2mm around the wart, went deep enough to hit flesh. Hurt like a mofo, and took about a month to heal, but its 4 years later, and it hasnt grown back.

Note: dont try this
>>
>>935948
Grip it with your teeth and tear the bastard out.
>>
Duct tape works almost every time for me. the only times it doesn't is when its in a place I cant continuously keep duct tape on. Seriously, cover the whole thing and the surrounding 1" it for as long as you can(weeks if necessary) only removing the tape when it wont stay on(think suffocation). Your wart will be gone for such minimal cost that those expensive store-bought remedys can't compare . it will eventually go white and peel off, and heal smooth.
>>
File: tmp.png (151KB, 388x391px) Image search: [Google]
tmp.png
151KB, 388x391px
>>938229
Bad news. That region between the crater and the nail was indeed wart. This picture probably illustrates why you don't just want to try cutting out these warts around the fingernail.

I really, really don't want to keep tunneling in underneath the nail and towards the nail root any more, so I hope this is it. Not convinced, unfortunately.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.