[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey diy I have a problem. I bought a can of acrylic paint 18

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160125_153120.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160125_153120.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
Hey diy I have a problem. I bought a can of acrylic paint 18 months ago, with which I painted my radiators (the paint was a matte brown color).

Today I decided to go over my radiators again with the same paint, but to my horror the paint turns out to be glossy as fuck now. I made sure to flip all my cans of paint upside down every months or so, and I've stirred in it quite a lot, so that can't be the problem.

Does this shit age or something? Did I do something wrong? I can go out and buy another can (probably), but it the color keeps changing, the problem will come back in a year or so.

Pic related, you can clearly see the difference between the two. Also, it's not a drying up issue
>>
>>935713

you know the more layers of paint you add to these, over the years it will decrease its efficiency because the layers of paint will start acting as insulation and not transfer the heat
>>
>>935713
1. Yes spray paint can go bad.

2. The pigments in most paints are in fact temperature and light reactive; oxidation, light and heat will change the color over time. Fact.

3. There is specialty "High Temp" paint made just for Radiators.

4. While layers of paint will reduce the radiators efficiency, I don't think spray paint will have an appreciable effect.
>>
>to my horror

That's a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? How serious is a glossy radiator?
>>
File: 200_1_.gif (654KB, 376x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_1_.gif
654KB, 376x200px
>>935732

Are you serious

It's OP's sanity on the line
>>
>>935713
pigment clumped in the can. you basically clear coated it.
>>
>>935713
>>935721
Remove all paint. Use 1000grit sandpaper with oil and apply thin high temp clearcoat for glorious pure metal finish master race.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.