[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.millerwelds.com/equipme nt/welders/multiprocess/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Multimatic 200 with TIG Kit.jpg (50KB, 445x445px) Image search: [Google]
Multimatic 200 with TIG Kit.jpg
50KB, 445x445px
https://www.millerwelds.com/equipment/welders/multiprocess/miller-multimatic-200-mig-welder#!/?product-options-title=multimatic-200-mig-welder-with-tig-kit-951649

Thoughts?
>>
>>935615
That's what I have for home use. Excellent MIG, decent TIG and stick. Nice for aluminum (spool gun). Versatility and portability are nice. Duty cycle is too low for production work, but all right for home projects. What were you planning to use it for?
>>
Well yesterday I had a thought, more of a dream really. I was riding my motorcycle with some people and came to a line of people sitting on their bikes on a bench, like a church pew. I tried to squeeze myself and my bike past everyone to get to the other side of the bench thing. When I got to the end my bike was gone. Same color bike was in my hands but it wasn't mine. A buddy picked me up and we went riding around looking for who took it. We stopped at some sketchy shops that sold bikes because we figured they would be selling it as stolen. No dice. I don't remember the rest but I never did find my bike. Anyway hope to hear your thoughts on this as well. Maybe we can share more thoughts in the future. Headed to sleep now, maybe I'll find my bike tonight. ttyl
>>
>>935621
Just practicing or portable projects when I get a larger machine.
>>
>>935622
Woke up this morning, didn't dream about the bike. Who knows where the fuck it is. It's MY dream and I get my shit stolen, ain't that a bitch
>>
I recently bought a 70 amp portable welder that runs on a normal household outlet. Planning to use this to learn some welding fundamentsls. Will I be able to get enough penetration to weld on .25" channel and square tubing?
>>
>>935904
No. If you botheref to read the specs you'd know that. 200 amps is barely enough for half inch.
>>
>>935904
No. Go buy a 220 volt lincoln or miller, the harbor sticks are decent too
>>
>>935904
you kinda fucked up, but you can find plenty of thin scrap to practice on. I hope you werent planning on welding anything thick though. google the amperage to thickness charts and see. 70 amps is like 1/16th territory
>>
>>935904
>>935967
A nicer inverter welder can weld quarter-inch just fine on 120V. OP's mentioned welder can do 150A with stick on 120V-20A.

70A is not going to get much penetration, but you should be able to multi-pass it. Just be careful about insufficient fusion. Preheating with a blowtorch can help with that.
>>
>Thoughts?

Visit professional welding forums like weldingweb and the Miller forums (they cater to other brands too) to get user opinions.

I suggest weldors go there because NOTHING in /diy/ comes close.

Miller also have free training videos. Both have people like self who have lots of welders of different brands so you can compare to get what will serve your needs.

All I'll add it "you can't turn on amps you don't have".
>>
>>936249
Yeah no. Trust me that welder can weld 1/4 inch but it won't properly penetrate, get a 220 I work I. This industry and we never use 110s for anything more than 1/8
>>
>>937306
Yes. Get 220 or at minimum, dual voltage.

As the saying goes, 'You can't turn on amps you don't have.'
>>
>>938754
>110/115/120 V and 220/230/240 V

It has an adapter for 220 plug ins.
>>
>>939083
Miller make excellent machines. Now go ask people who own THAT SPECIFIC Miller how it performs on tasks which match YOUR desired use case.

It's easy. If you visit the Miller forums they won't eat you through the internet.

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/communities/mboard/

Is that so hard?
>>
BTW Miller and Hobart share a parent company and have many comparable models. When Hobart broke up Thermal Arc and Hobart had to spit the business or Miller would have had no competition and the Feds would have blocked the merger. Many parts interchange too.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.