[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Electric Guitar Building

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Guitar MDF templates.jpg (142KB, 1500x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Guitar MDF templates.jpg
142KB, 1500x1080px
I want to make a telecaster body, but I have no idea how to get started. I feel as if I need a MDF template for routing the channels (see pic) Do I? Any other tips on solid body guitar making? Anyone out there made one?
>>
>>935522
my dad does. basically the part you're talking about you need to either make or buy a jig. you predrill to the correct depth and then route it with the jig with a plunge router (is that what it's called?).

I happen to be building an acoustic for my first time right now. I personally started with a full scale blue print, made a simple mockup with a wooden railing, and went from there. There's just so much I could get into though about building. Maybe following someone else's build in a blog would help you as a way to get an idea of the challenges ahead.

I don't mean to discourage you. It's just there's way too much to explain even fundamentally. You'll probably have to do a lot of reading.
>>
Find a template for the outer shape online that is to scale. Either find someone with a printer big enough to print it at scale or use something like BigPrint to print it.

Use a band saw or even a jig saw to cut out the rough body. Finish by sanding down to the exact shape and outline.

https://woodgears.ca/bigprint/help/tutorial.html#inksaver

As for cutting bout for wiring, picups and controls, this is mostly covered by plates and shrouds so it shouldn't be such a hang up.

If you did want to use a router and template just follow the exact same process.
>>
>>935566
Thanks, this helps me a lot. I'm trying to do this on the cheap, and that's a good plan.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.