[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My first completed /diy/ project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20160124_213912.jpg (1MB, 3096x4128px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160124_213912.jpg
1MB, 3096x4128px
So I'm pretty proud of myself /diy/.... I'm almost gid/diy/!

So, this is my first electronically derived art project. I bought a bunch of old broken printers and scanners off ebay for £5.... (shipping was a bitch though, racked up to around £50 in the end)

Anyway, I broke them down and took out all the ferrite beads from the wiring. Threw out the rest of the junk and got to work on pic related.

What do you think?

Its a face - displaying a man who's printer has broken.

Next step is to find a piece of wood and stick them down.

Can anyone recommend me a glue?
>>
>>935376
What the fuck
>>
See above
>>
File: 1446860777033.jpg (76KB, 750x516px) Image search: [Google]
1446860777033.jpg
76KB, 750x516px
>>935376
White glue I guess. Superglue works too, but I hate working with superglue.
>>
Can we ban this guy? It's getting old.
>>
why the hell is DIY getting so many troll threads? why arent the mods deleting off topic posts? why arent the mods banning the repeat troll posts? why arent the mods. doing anything?
>>
>>935454
>why the hell is DIY getting so many troll threads?

Hello, this is still on 4chan.
>>
File: knights-of-sidonia-4504385.jpg (167KB, 800x1167px) Image search: [Google]
knights-of-sidonia-4504385.jpg
167KB, 800x1167px
Obviously the best option is to build a canvas made of layers of neodymium sheeting, each layer sandwiching 2,450 wraps of coated copper wire. Wire all the coils in series, apply ~75kV, and kill yourself.
>>
>>935376
8/10 disconcerted face OP
Image editing skills could do with work though.

£50 is a lot for shipping, but I can see no other way of getting the job done, so you'll just have to work it into the price of the piece when you sell it.
>>
>>935376
You could have bought a box of ferrite beads for less than £10 new.
>>
>>935641
Yes but then meaning of the face would have been lost.

Do you not understand how art works?
>>
>>935678
>Do you not understand how art works?
Pouring money into making something that serves no useful function other than to help you get off?
>>
File: 4Chan French Press.jpg (47KB, 750x284px) Image search: [Google]
4Chan French Press.jpg
47KB, 750x284px
>>935698

i don't see any jizz on that ferrite face so it didn't even accomplish that
>>
>>935460

doesnt matter... isnt global rule 3 there for a reason? doesnt this apply as trolling outside of /b/?
>>
>>935725
It takes two people to troll anon.
If you don't like the thread stop bumping it
Personally I don't see how its any different from the regular posters here stripping down some pretty interesting things so they can add some passives that can't be reused because there are no legs left into their parts bin.
The sad thing is that I appreciate op's art a lot more than the shit that gets churned out as modern art. I don't care much for the philosophy of the piece, perhaps if op had personally owned the printers himself or if the face represented the original owner then I would understand, but visually it's appealing and certainly interesting.
Isn't the purpose of art to evoke a response?
I don't see anyone being so critical of anonormale when they pop by, I don't think we should ban diy related art however absurd it seems. At least its not fucking shipping containers made out of palettes
>>
>>935733
This. This sort of trolling is humourous but benign. OP isn't spanning or posting illegal content, it's not cancer basically.

It's a funny take on the maker community taken to an extreme by a person who has no comprehension of how much they are "doing it wrong."

Everyone needs to relax. This is 4chan. Don't take yourself too seriously and enjoy the ride.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.