[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst fucking /diy/ youtubers? This sermon demon comes to mind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: download (1).jpg (525KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
525KB, 1000x667px
Worst fucking /diy/ youtubers?
This sermon demon comes to mind
>Everything looks like shit
>So many mistakes
>All her subs only follow cause "MUH VAGINA!"
>Annoying Cuck Swedish accent
>>
>>934978
KipKay
>>
>>934978
AvE
>>
Matthias Wandel

Everything he makes looks like poo
>>
>>934981
Found the Dewilt fan
>>
>>934990
Normally i'd agree with you if he didnt make the box joint jig or pantorouter, seriously that shit is off the charts nice
>>
>>934980
He sounds like a snake oil salesman even when he's doing a "5 free tricks" video
>>
>>934981
keep your dick in a vice
>>
>>934990
I like how he does practical woodworking and builds stuff
I too have noticed he doesnt really do like fine woodworking that you think a master carpenter would do.
>>
>>934981
frig you
>>
>>934978
>I'm so threatened by this petite femme that I just have to bash her on an anonymous imageboard, and she scares me so goddamn much I won't even mention who she is or link to her!
I needed a good laugh at your expense OP, thanks for that.
>>
>>934980
>KipKay
His schematics are always incomplete for most of his projects, I always found that so frustrating as a beginner trying to build his shit.
>>
>>934978
I hate youtube videos where the author retro-actively corrects a mistake in something they said via annotation.

"I actually meant millivolts there, not kilovolts, oopsie, my bad lol!", etc...
>>
>>935112
Would you rather they left it uncorrected and risked their reputation?
>>
>>935116
They should correct themselves verbally, with their mouth and vocal chords, there and then. If they can't do that, or don't notice, then they have ruined that take and need to do it again.

My enthusiasm wanes if I see one of those, makes me lose faith and respect in the author.

DESU I think having a reputation for doing that is pretty bad in itself.
>>
>>935119
>then they have ruined that take
And are clearly unprepared to make their video. A few more rehearsals are in order.
>>
>>935119
But what if they only noticed the mistake once the video was published and racked up a few views?
>>
>>935123
Then I don't know. But the chances are that I won't be watching any more of their videos.
>>
>>935123
They should watch the video and scrutinise it before they edit and publish. Like anything else in that vein really.

That excuse wouldn't fly with a Hollywood film or a rock album, etc. All it takes is some discipline and pride. As you're the one bringing reputation into this - I'd have thought you'd appreciate that.
>>
Well, I sure as hell can't tell you the worst, but I can definetely say that electroboom is THE best
>>
>>934981
this

His videos are unbearable, spouting out pretend words every sentence. And his fanbase seems to be completely cuckolded manchildren following his pretend word typing his memequotes.
>>
April Wilkerson
>muh vagina
>shill
Jay Bates
>I'd guess under 5' tall
>makes simple stuff but would have you believe he's the bees knees in joinery
>>
File: electric bath duck.jpg (65KB, 800x402px) Image search: [Google]
electric bath duck.jpg
65KB, 800x402px
>>935119
You sound like one of those autists who hold everything to impossibly high standards.
>>
>>935164
What's impossible about knowing what you're talking about and/or doing re-takes and edits for some bits?

That was considered normal before the selfie generation decided that effort was for fags.
>>
>>935116
>>935112
Personally, I'd rather the video was correct in the first place: not all formats display annotations (mobile, STB, consoles, smart TV, etc. all seem to ignore them), and there's no reason to assume the viewer is looking at them.

>>935123
They've still got the source, no? No reason they can't re-cut it.

Hell, Keith Floyd shot almost all his cooks as one-take, and that still didn't stop him using a lookie and a voiceover if he'd got something wrong or left off something important.
>>
>>935187
>and there's no reason to assume the viewer is looking at them.
Yeah that's another point. I have a tendency to ignore popups because of ads, etc.
>>
>>934980

clickbait the channel
>>
>>934981

He is actually a genius but some videos of his are retarded, like his most recent one about making mittens

Same with bigclivedotcom
>>
>>935148
He also has no clue what he's doing and spouts dangerous advice like scanning rotors with a rotary sander
>>
>>934981
Chooch you!
>>
File: fashion.jpg (397KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fashion.jpg
397KB, 1920x1080px
>>934978
It's sometimes Boobs-entertaining to watch her woodwork in light dressings.
>>
>>935187
I usually turn off annotations before the videos start as they impact the viewing experience negatively, obstructing the view mainly. And if you watch enough videos the crap annotations (subscribe, give me a like, memetic bullshit) overwhelm the positive ones, like linking to other video complimenting the topic.

Fixing crucial mistakes in annotations is just disrecpectfull to the viewer in my opinion, since its so easily a dismissed feature. If the first annotation you see on a video is irrelevent, quirky nonsense, chances are im turning it off right now and subsequent annotations wont be visible.

Good youtubers either do a voiceover correcting, or add text in the rendered video itself pointing out the mistake.

Not to mention annotations arent permanent - video gets reuploaded - theyre gone, the mistake stays forever.
>>
>>934981
completely skookem
>>
>>934978
>sermon demon

You're not very bright.
>>
>>934980
"Kip Kedersha, better known as Kipkay is an American author of how-to videos. As of 2008, Kip Kedersha is the all-time top-grossing Metacafe user with earning more than $120,000 for his series of instructional videos."
>>
>>935642
He has a fucking monthly subscription service, like a loot crate, where he sends /diy/ projects each month.

They are awful
>>
>>935424
I thought that was a pretty good pun.

You know, because of the lecture-hall format most of these videos use, and the "this semen demon" meme and all.
>>
>>934980
So much this one. He's ripped off so many books and other YouTube videos.
>>
>>934978
Darbin Orver? Yeah, her stuff is pretty amateurish, but I'd rather watch her than April Wilkerson.
>>
File: kippah_kay.jpg (90KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
kippah_kay.jpg
90KB, 300x295px
>>935645
>monthly subscriptions for blinking led dildos
>>
>>935002
he's not a master carpenter though, he's just a bloke who does at as a hobby and tries not to spend too much money while doing it
>>
>>934978
"I like to make stuff" complete shit tier, talks too fucking fast, does shitty projects that come out shitty and tells us how to make it better than he made it because he knows its shit.

Lynn is tolerable, but you're right, a lot of her projects look bad up close, but shes got a lot of much better gear than me, not sure if rockler sends her shit for free or what.. if so, that must be a benefit to having an accent and a pussy while doing woodworking.

April Wilkerson is shit, would rather watch Lynn.

Kip Kay is shit.

Crazy Russian Hacker is shit.

Awe Me is shit, half the time.

the list of shit youtubers is vast, but these are the ones that I either don't watch or feel dirty afterwards.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.