[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you turn off or dim the status LEDs on Raspberry Pi?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: rasp-pi_led.jpg (392KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rasp-pi_led.jpg
392KB, 1600x1200px
How do you turn off or dim the status LEDs on Raspberry Pi?

I know some of them can be turned off in software, but the power LED and I think one other LED can't be turned off that way.
>>
>>933772
stop overthinking it and just put a piece of tape over it
>>
File: il_fullxfull.597156895_p0ck.jpg (65KB, 641x474px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.597156895_p0ck.jpg
65KB, 641x474px
>>933778
put your pi in a box so you dont have to look at the lights
>>
Find the resistors on the schematic and replace them with bigger resistors
>>
>>933792
Can you desolder the LEDs and replace them with some other component?
>>
>>933794
You can solder anything that fits the pads, but that would be silly. A 1k resistor will make them almost invisible.
>>
>>933798
protip: you can grind anything down to fit the pads.
>>
>>933794
Or just desolder them and leave the circuit open?
>>
>>933798
Wouldn't you have to desolder an existing resistor and replace it with the 1k resistor?
>>
>>933778
I tried taping over it.

Still quite a bit of light leakage.
>>
>>934014
Not if he wants to increase the resistance, for example if the existing resister is 1k, and he wants to bring it up to 15k, then he could leave the 1k there and add another 14k resistor(s).. or just add a 15k resistor because in this situation it dont fucking matter and nobody cares if its 15k or 16k.
>>
Its a dihital output,but you can simulate anoloag output by oulse width modulation. just code it to blink for 80% if the time and add 20% kff duration
>>
>>934496
>>934496
For sistering resistors together, 1/Rt=1/R1 + 1/R2 + ... 1/Rn .

If 1/x=a and 1/y=a+n, and n>0, then x must be greater than y.

No matter how big a resistor you connect in parallel, the total resistance always goes down.

If you want the resistance to go up, you need to add a resistor in *series*, which means desoldering the existing resistor, which means you might as well just replace it rather than try to fit two resistors into a space made for one.
>>
File: blu-tack.jpg (14KB, 468x387px) Image search: [Google]
blu-tack.jpg
14KB, 468x387px
stick some blu-tack over them.
easy to remove later.
>>
>>934479
More tape/more opaque tape
>>
>>934629
If you are too retarded to do the maths consider that any resistor is parallel already with an infinite resistance of the air around it.
>>
>>934629
I was talking about putting them in series.
>fit two resistors into a space made for one
Cut the trace
sand or remove the coating in a method of your choice
apply resistor to new gap

I cant imagine why anyone would parallel resistors for a ~15ma led
>>
>>934629
Water analogy:

Adding an additional smaller pipe next to a larger one doesn't decrease the capacity of the larger pipe.
>>
>>934705
Consider the traces on a board have very low resistance. Call them fire hoses.

Your resistor is a garden hose. Water still flows through, but it's much slower now. (nevermind the pressure didn't actually drop). If you attach another garden hose or anything else next to it, your cfm is still better.

This is also a good example of why the hydraulic analogy sucks and doesn't fucking help anyone in the long run
>>
cut the trace to the LED
done
not that fucking difficult
>>
>>936119
OP can't even cover the LEDs with tape. Cutting the traces will be considerably more difficult.
>>
>>934479
Try blutack (putty)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.