[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phone repairs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hey guys I have an old model 302 western electric phone
I want get it to work again but I need to replace the wire that plugs into my phone jack, so if I did this do you think it will work? If so, how do I do it?
(Pic related is the phone)
>>
You could just wire it directly into a phone jack.

Tip and ring from the phone. Find your jack.

It's the red and green or blue and white wires.
>>
Protip: that phone uses pulse dialing so unless you get a converter, you won't be able to use it for any touch tone applications. So no calling customer service.
>>
>>932590
>not getting to an operator right away because they think you're an incompetent old fogey with a pulse dialing phone.>>932590
>>
>>932598
Repeated swearing at the robot also drops you straight through the IVR to a "customer service" section on a lot of systems I have tried it on. One of my previous employers has the feature, calls would drop through with P1 "priority 1" appended to the end of the call ID so we got a heads up we had a rager on the phone. I think it was built in for the old and infuriated (so they don't get even madder by being forced through the IVR-ollercoaster) but my bank, ISP, mobile provider, all appear to have the same system. Give 'em the old Carlin 7 word routine and see how you go. If nothing else it's a good way to blow off steam.
>>
>>932598
Depends on the company. A lot of smaller chains the call will just be dropped for no response. My bank is like this, I have to call on my cell phone.
>>
>>932598
Far as I know POTS still defaults to pulse dialling, but then again I haven't had landline service anywhere I live for about 15 years now.
>>
>>932925
Some offices have dropped support for it. Regardless, most IVR/call robots don't support pulsed menu selections.
>>
I had a similar project to you last year, but with a somewhat newer phone than yours. I found this site pretty helpful: http://frillfreephones.com/fixorupyoph.html

In short, you can just add the right cable with the wires in the right places and it should work, but as other anons have said you won't be able to use any touch tone dialing services.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.