[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what kind of adapter do i need to be able to plug this small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: ss+(2016-01-18+at+10.06.50).jpg (139KB, 780x542px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-18+at+10.06.50).jpg
139KB, 780x542px
what kind of adapter do i need to be able to plug this small fan into the outlet directly?
>>
>>932338
One that supplies the same voltage and current that the fan requires to operate.
>>
>>932338
5v wall wart. Any cell phone charger will do.
>>932339
Current of the power supply can be greater than the current of the fan. Power supply current rating tells you the maximum it can supply. The current it will supply to the fan is the current draw of the fan.
>>
>>932338
5v regulated adapter rated above 80mA (so basically any 5v adapter). Red wire is positive, black wire negative, and white is the fan speed signal (tach).
>>
pull an old cellphone charger out of the closed, cut that shit and splice the red and black wires.
>>
File: 1412228817239.jpg (211KB, 989x1484px) Image search: [Google]
1412228817239.jpg
211KB, 989x1484px
>>932338
what do you have in mind for it?
>>
>>932338
What will you be using it for? A fan that small isn't going to move much air.
>>
>>932367
What is she.. doing? Typing into a printer?

It makes no seeeeeeense.
>>
>>932344
if he wants the fan to blow up.
amps in a fan control the torque, if the fan expects to be supplied with 200 ma and he supplies it with 10 amps he might have a bad time.
its almost as bad as saying "an led will draw only as much current as it needs, so a 2a power supply will be fine"
>>
>>932381
it does if she is directly filling a buffer in the printer and there is a designated print key on the keyboard or on the printer that will just print out that buffer.
>>
>>932344
>>932345
don't listen to these idiots, they are trying to make your fan blow up. These things usually take AC current or they don't work, applying DC will cause them to overheat. Your best bet is to hook it directly up to the wall.
>>
>>932382
Current doesn't work like that.
The ATX power supply that would be powering the fan in a PC is 10A or more, but all that means is the power supply will shut down if a load draws more than 10A. The current draw is set by the load, not the power supply. The fan will draw the current it was designed to draw if you give it 5v.
>>
>>932383
>British girl
You think she could figure that out? Really?
>>
>>932382
Thats not how it works at all.
If you have a welder outputting 12 volts and capable of outputting 100+ amps of current then hook up a 12v fan to it, all the fan will do is start drawing how ever many (milli)amps it needs and happily blow some air.
>>
>>932382
Troll detected, nobody is this stupid surely?
>>
>>932665
no, I also dont think she could figure out how to assemble that desk.
Id expect her father to have set everything up you see in that picture, plus modify a printer to work in that way.

but realistically I dont think the keyboard is even connected to the printer.
>>
>>932386

go back to /b/ shitposter

>DC fan, apply AC. Le Troll
>>
>>932381
>>932383
>He doesn't know about ctrl-printscreen
>>
>>932432
>>932677
I never get how people can think this.

The national grid supplies megaamps, so surely your house should go on fire immediately.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.