[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to build a small loft/floor(75sf or so), for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: loft.jpg (139KB, 1012x736px) Image search: [Google]
loft.jpg
139KB, 1012x736px
I'm looking to build a small loft/floor(75sf or so), for an area for guests to sleep up in. How much would it cost?

>small loft to hold a mattress and 2-3 people.
>ladder

>Pictures of what I'm looking to do.
>>
>>932169
This thing will kill you one day.
>>
>>932169
It works a couple of days! You can do everything yourself.
>>
>>932169
Here look. Text in Russian, but the photo details.
http://fishki.net/1290528-krovat-cherdak-svoimi-rukami.html
>>
>>932169
Depends on the dimensions, materials, finishing, etc.

Draw yourself out a plan, figure out what type of wood/materials you need for the basics, figure out where to get those materials/prices. (IE are you going with a lumber yard? Box store? Elsewhere?) Remember to include and screws, brackets, plywood sheets and ample bracing.

If you're really new, come back here when you've got plans drawn up and ask for a review. Someone will find something wrong with it. Try to listen to calm, rational help who can explain themselves and what they like/dislike and ignore trolls who can't articulate details.

This gives you the basic cost. Then you need to factor in any finishing work. Is there going to be a railing? Are you going to carpet the floor? What's the ladder going to be made from/come from?

I did a small loft bed in the corner of my room because there was an awkward space to work with and I wanted one. Wound up costing me a weekend and about $150 with some found materials thrown in but it looks nice (By my standards) and has served me well. It's only about 4' off the ground though.
>>
>>932186

I'll just hire a architect/interior designer. I don't mind paying $5000 tops.
>>
>>932204
$ 5000 ??? There are materials for 50 dollars !!! Work a maximum of $ 1,000 !!! But that prices in Russia ...
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.