[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys,i got a question for yall.i live in an old house (60

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

hey guys,i got a question for yall.i live in an old house (60 - 70 years old)the old particle board lower cabinets are falling apart and have been for a while.we keep a clean house/kitchen but the cabinet problem is so bad that i am having a hard time keeping the kitchen roach problem down,as i pretty sure that they are consuming the glue that is in the particle board.the point is,i am going to have to replace these lower cabinets and counter top.i live on a very low fixed income so i am going to have to do this myself but my diy skills are sub par to put in mildly.i can read a tape and can do minor things with relative confidence but building cabinets is far far out of my scope of abilities.the dimensions are approx 90 inches of cabinet.approx 30 inches,sink(32 inches),30 inches.
i found some rta cabinets(different sizes)(i will include pic)can i buy three of them and glue or put them side by side,is there an rta option for the entire 90 inches of cabinet?
basically my question is,what is my absolutely cheapest options?outside of building them from scratch which i don't have the tools/equipment or skills to do...fyi - the sink is in ok shape and can be reused.
sorry for the long post or any other 'rules' i may have broken,long time lurker,first time thread starter.
>>
>>931412
If it is their main source of food then you will have to get rid of the board.

Absolute cheapest solution: get rid of the broken boards, tape some cloth over it as replacement/cover.

It will help if you can post an actual picture of the actual thing being discussed.
>>
>>931417
the roach problem will go away after i replace the cabinets.i looking for help with idea's for cheaply replacing my cabinets.reread my post
>>
>the roach problem will go away after i replace the cabinets.
that's hilarious
>>
>>931432
you must be a child.did you read the post.my kitchen is spotless.not a crumb of food let out at night.no roaches anywhere in the house except around the bottom cabinet which is made of particle board.particle board is pressed wood chips combined with glue.roaches eat the glue.this is common knowledge among adults in the home construction and repair.
>>
What do you think the new cabinets will be made of, retard?
>>
>>931434
>no roaches anywhere in the house except around the bottom cabinet
that's the hilarious part
>roaches eat the glue.
know what else roaches eat? pretty much everything.
>this is common knowledge among adults in the home construction and repair.
so is how to get new cabinets.
>>
>>931412
Basic cabinets are honestly not that hard to make.
You could literally make them with only a jigsaw and a pocket joint jig.
>>
>>931425
>The roach problem will go away street I replace the cabinets
Hate to break it to you, that's not how roaches work.
>>
The cheapest option is probably plastic totes, but unless they're air tight roaches will get in there too.
>>
>>931434
>particle board is pressed wood chips combined with glue
No, that would be osb, anyone in home construction or whatever the fuck you said would know that.
>>
There are pretty much only a couple things beyond style and finish that are different between the hundreds of cabinet options you can buy.

Particle board or plywood boxes, style of hardware and drawer construction

If, for whatever reason, you think the roaches are eating the glue in your cabinets then aside from making solid wood cabinets ($$$$) whatever you buy will be an engineered wood box with some sort of glue or binder holding plys, chips, sawdust etc together in the cabinet panels.

>>931623

Particle board is exactly that, wood chips, sawdust and wood "particles"(hence the name) mixed with a glue or other binder and formed with heat and pressure to make sheet goods. OSB is also the same, with visibly larger wood chips or "strands" that are "oriented" in layers that arrange wood grain perpendicular to one another for strength and then glued and pressed under heat to make sheet goods....or "boards" (Oriented Strand Board) Engineered woods get their names for reasons, microlam (lvl), paralam (PSL), glulam, mdf, etc.
>>
>>931412
Your CHEAPEST option, would probably be to seal the cabinets. take them out, one by one, and paint on a few layers of polyurethane or other varnish. Paint might work ok.

For diy, drawers and doors are medium difficulty, but cabinets are basically just a box. If you're worried, use a jigsaw and cut replacements one by one.

IMO, probably roaches are living off of something else, eg cave crickets in basement, and just nesting in cabinets. Make sure they're not eating your old clothes or books or anything, they'll eat pretty much anything organic.

Just clean and use boric acid to cut down the numbers.
>>
>>931434
>long time lurker,first time thread starter

You sound like a fuckin retarded Dr Laura fan and a worthless sack of shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.