[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Custom Plow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: plow-49.jpg (150KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
plow-49.jpg
150KB, 640x480px
So yesterday i picked up a blade for my garden tracor for super cheap. It came with a mount but does not fit my tractor - No problem, i have a welder and can fabricate one. I am trying to decide how i want to raise and lower the blade when reversing or not using it. My options are as follows: Electric linear actuator : $40, or a 1500lb electric winch: : $70.

Cost aside, which route would be better? the linear actuator is only good to 250lb. The blade only weighs 70, but the angle at which it would be pushing up might make it seem more.

Thoughts?
>>
File: winchlift.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
winchlift.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>930452
garden tractor plows are usually lifted by the mower deck lift linkage. if thats not an option i would go for the winch, keep hardware around to fix the cable when you wear through it.
>>
>>930452
Sometimes there is even a handle you pull. Probably the cheapest option....
>>
>>930495
If the tractor has an option for a plow on it theres normally already a bracket on the deck lever that you can attach to the blade.
Mine has one in the middle of the deck attachment points and pushes a rod forward to lift the plow.
>>
>>930452
winch would be useful for other things like getting unstuck but also how often do you expect to get a lawnmower stuck?
>>
The winch would look like shit and would also be stupid hard on it, moving such short distances in such cold weather. I would rig up some kind of handle to pull that you can lock into place either fully raised or fully lowered.
>>
>>931206
Or something in between. Then you can plow in rougher terrain as the plow doesn't get stuck....
>>
>>930452
>Thoughts?
Why not post a pick related. of your s?
well since you couldn't wait until you found one that actually fit's your craftsman/yardman rider you're going to piece something together that werks. I understand and respect the resourcefulness but sometimes it's best to just save your $ and buy something that will handle some dirtwerk. >>930475 frame won't handle the weight needed to keep the wheels from spinning chains and all not to mention the drive train.
With the $ and time your wasting on this project you could buy what you need.
Sell that and buy an old 70 to 80 vintage small lawn and garden tractor that needs werk, fix that and you'll be happier then re-welding frame rips etc.
$500 can get a 70's vintage real lawn and garden tractor that needs work and you'd be better off spending your hard earned cash on that that something that was never meant to werk hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sh6GwYL9ZQ
>>
I once went to school with a guy called Kevin Plow. But there's nothing funny about that.
>>
File: 1450984359887.gif (2MB, 320x210px) Image search: [Google]
1450984359887.gif
2MB, 320x210px
>>931729
Farm machinery engineer
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.