[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My fucking shower curtain keeps blowing into the shower, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: DSCF3660.jpg (3MB, 3216x4288px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3660.jpg
3MB, 3216x4288px
My fucking shower curtain keeps blowing into the shower, it's closed off, no windows, just one tiny vent.

How do I keep this from happening? It's driving me insane.
>>
close the gap at the top
>>
>>928434
Get a shower curtain that reaches the floor
Unless you like mold don't close the vent
>>
frosted glass panel plus my condolences on your shack if you own
>>
File: 1452511764075.jpg (171KB, 1299x621px) Image search: [Google]
1452511764075.jpg
171KB, 1299x621px
the fuck are you doing in there anyway
>>
>>928472
I had to trim one of my tropical plants.

I've been meaning to post about this here for a while but always kept fucking forgetting it, I remembered right then and there.
>>
>>928434
Weight the bottom of the curtain down.
>>
>>928434
Hot air rises. Cold air blows in the bottom as the hot air chimneys out the top. The only solution is to take cold showers.

Or weigh it down. I dont know how. Maybe ounce fishing weights tied onto crimped eyelets.
>>
Why is that door even there?
>>
Just cut a foot off the bottom of the curtain to open up the draft hole
>>
>>928484
This. Get a piece of metal rod fold the curtain over and hem it up.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-08-25-00-02-39.png (187KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-08-25-00-02-39.png
187KB, 480x800px
>>928472
If you are the same guy who drew the tree falling on the shed saying "i will destroy you" you are now my favorite poster
>>
>>928434
leave the goddamn curtain open so you dont develop a mold/mildew problem, this will stop the curtain from blowing in when you open and close the bathroom door
>>
Inexpensive and quick way is to get the liner that has magnets at the bottom.
>>
>>928578
I can't, otherwise the water will flow down my door and flood the hallway.

>>928597
>>928484
These are brilliant, thanks anon!
>>
>>928434
I once had to deal with this so I niggerrigged it by taking like 5 or 6 hefty nuts and bolts and just screwed it through the courtain at the bottom. It was ugly but werkd.
>>
>>928648

weight is good, but weight that rusts and scratches surfaces is not.
>>
>>928487
yeah what the fuck

why do you have a door on your shower?
>>
>>928487
>>928668
That's probably the door to his bathroom guys, no need to get excited
>>
>>928549
Do you have said pic? I want to see it
>>
>>929400
See
>>928435
>>
>>928434
>shower curtains
>not a shower with a door
pleb
>>
>>928434
the reason it gets sucked in is because of the negative pressure the shower creates while spraying water out of the nozzle.
i think the guy won a nobel prize for figuring it out...

you can fix it by not using any water, weighing it down/magnets or by creating a larger negative pressure outside your shower.
>>
File: 1452511764075.jpg (310KB, 1983x957px) Image search: [Google]
1452511764075.jpg
310KB, 1983x957px
>>930019
>weighing it down/magnets

Came here to post this.

>>928434
Install a couple of large-head nails or screws into the door frame/breeze way (red dots in pic). Then take 2 magnets and put them on either side of 1 corner of the shower curtain (Yellow dot in pic). Sandwich the shower curtain between the magnets so they stick to each other. Do the same thing with 2 more magnets on the other side of the curtain (Blue dot in pic). Then press the magnets to the nail/screw heads. This will hold it in place. If the frame of that door/breeze way is metal that the magnets stick to then you can omit using the screws/nails.

With magnets you'll be able to take them off or adjust them as needed on the shower curtain. So you can replace the shower curtain and reuse the magnets when needed.
>>
>>930019
>>930022
That's been posted like 20 replies ago.
>>
>>930025
>That's been posted like 20 replies ago.
yeah, but what wasn't posted was the actual reason why it happens, so fuck you.
>>
>>930031
>actual reason why it happens
The only thing that makes sense is water down the drain creates negative pressure because venturi effect.
So just plug the drain
>>
>>930033
kek /diy/ is never wrong
>>
Shower with cold water.

Do you even physics, anon?
>>
Like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wCLmrap83E
>>
>>930025

>>>930022 (You)
>That's been posted like 20 replies ago.

Leave me out of that. I was just showing the best way to prevent it.

>>930033
Hot air of the shower rises and the cold air from outside pushes the shower curtain inwards. Oldest problem with showers since forever. It still happens when you plug the drain in my shower.
>>
>>928672
but you can see the part where it latches (strikeplate i think it is called) on the right
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.