[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/ I purchased a Marshall 250 dfx with a couple broken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 20160110_142113.jpg (1015KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160110_142113.jpg
1015KB, 2048x1152px
Hello /diy/

I purchased a Marshall 250 dfx with a couple broken connections. Soldered most.
I am missing one component on the board and was wondering if anyone here has an idea
>>
The missing piece is right in the center of the picture and b/w two identical pieces. Trying to figure out what it is.
>>
>>928044
If you are referring to R24 then it appears to have not been installed from the factory (IE: "should" be missing).
>>
>>928044
Yeah, its supposed to not be there. They do that sometimes when they change the design but don't want to pay to have the manufacturer change the board. Among other reasons.
>>
whether it should be there or not, if it wasn't supposed to be a 220R then i will be very upset.
>>
File: 1438799223847.jpg (8KB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
1438799223847.jpg
8KB, 190x200px
>>928209
>yfw it's 220 but the tolerance band is silver
>>
>>928211
that would be just about bearable as long as it was lined up.
if it was out of line then i would lose it.
>>
Directly to the right of the "missing" resistor, what's the point of those pieces of wire?

Why aren't they just printed on the PCB?
>>
>>928231
Because track orientation. If OP flipped that board so we could see traces you would observe they run left to right (as the picture is currently orientated), making tracks/circuit routes that run up and down the board difficult to run. Thus, jumpers are used to "hop" over the tracks on the PCB. Kind of like bridges over rivers.

In effect, it's like a poor man's double sided PCB. though instead of tracks on the component side, they use wires. If you go look at a computer motherboard you'll notice the same. All tracks on one side go east > west, tracks on the other side go north > south.
>>
>>928231
Because there would be overlap with the other printed stuff. Imagine if you drew four lines on one side of a piece of paper and you had to draw another one going perpendicular to them. You can't just draw over the four lines, cause then they'd all be connected and theey aren't supposed to be.

When wires are like that on a board they're called 'jumper wires' or 'jumpers', cause they jump over the other traces on the board. Hence why they're labled J1, J2, etc.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.