[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Landlord removed handle.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /diy/ need your guys help. Just came back from break to my college dorm, and apparently the landlord removed all the tenants unopened rooms doorknob on the inside. They caught one group with an unlocked room, my apartment was using the room for storage originally and got in by using a door hanger. Question is how to I get into the room now since our last way won't work anymore. (Pic provided is what the handle looks like as well as door frame around it)
>>
Excuse the picture being inverted, posting off of my phone currently.
>>
Looks like there's no lip, use the credit card trick.
>>
If you have time, unscrew the hinges
>>
Theres a lip to it and tried it.
>>
>>927296
Completely new to this stuff, but how would i unscrew it if theres no screws on the outside, only the lock
>>
>>927298
Ignore that faggot, he is clearly too stupid to have ever looked at a door hinge or he'd know the screws are inaccessible with the door shut.
>>
it should be really obvious. but just use a flat screwdriver to turn the square inside the missing knob.
>>
should have paid attention to the hundreds of lock picking threads
>>
>>927309
Do not try to pick the lock that is impossible. Instead realise the truth; there is no lock.

Use a large flathead screwdriver or other tool to turn the shaft that the handle used to connect to.
>>
>>927316
Ill try that idea, any other ways you can think of to open it just in case?
>>
>>927334
A swift kick to the knob.
>>
>>927293
A small amount of ammonium nitrate and fuel oil applied to the hinges and handle should do the trick.
>>
>>927346
That's going to do jack shit except leave some scortch marks and set the building on fire.

You need compression, some det cord and probably a fair about of anfo to blow some hinges.

Anfo is not the right choice here. It's a low speed explosive like black powder; to destroy door hinges with an uncontained explosion you want a high speed explosive like C4 or TNT which is going to provide a faster shock wave to shatter metal, rather than a slow shock wave that pushes things out of its way.

Even they you'd want to shape the charge to minimise the amount of explosive needed and the collateral damage to the structure.

Lrn2explosives Edgelord.
>>
>>927297
>>927295
That doesn't work anyway.

See the little half-circle that's at the back of the catch?

Try pushing it in.

You'll see that when it's pushed in, the catch can't be pushed in.

When the door's closed, the strikeplate pushes it in.

Therefore when the door's closed, the catch can't be pushed in, so the credit card trick won't work.
>>
>>927334
Chances are your locks are masterkeyed.

Get loads of residents together, and measure your keys with calipers.

Some pins will be the same on every key.
Some pins might be different for every building.
Some pins will be different for every door.

You need to build a key where the pins that are the same are the same, and the ones that change are at the one height that doesn't appear in any of the keys. That height will be the master height that every lock recognises, and it won't be on any of your keys because they're not going to have given you master keys.

Alternatively, if you're good at stripping locks and putting them back together, take your own front door lock apart, and deduce the master key from your key and the master pins inside the lock. I mention this for sake of completeness, because if you were capable of that it would have already occurred to you. Don't try it, you'll just bust your lock.
>>
>>927293
I'm pretty sure that restricting access to a rented residence is illegal. You should report the cuntlord.
>>
>>927413
Sounds like the landlord is renting rooms, unrented rooms are left locked. OP wants access to a room he isn't paying for.
>>
>>927405
.. the credit card trick is to manuever a piece of solid plastic behind the catch to act like the strikeplate would. only works if the doorframe is a little loose, otherwise the strikeplate covers the ramp part of the catch.
However, it will work on doors with the half circle thing, it's just tricky.
>>927435
Get together and rent the room. or live without.
>>
>>927413
reporting for illiterate
>>
>>927448
"just tricky"?

If it works at all, that means the circle thing is entirely defective. If the circle thing is working, the bolt will not go in unless the circle thing goes out.
>>
>>927293
That's breaking and entering you fucking idiot. Your landlord can decide to toss you in jail for it.
>>
>>927585
Do you live in soviet Russia?
Where can the landlord actually lock you out without going to eviction proceedings?
>>
>>927676
Op is not a tenant he's a squatter
Squatting in an unrented room adjacent to rooms his friends are renting
The landlord is justified
>>
>>927676
> They caught one group with an unlocked room, my apartment was using the room for storage originally and got in by using a door hanger.

> my apartment was using the room for storage originally
Implying it is not his space, because his space is his apartment.
> got in by using a door hanger.
Implying he was not authorised to use the room and was in fact, breaking into it.

You really need to work on your reading comprehension dude..
>>
>>927585
Whoops, sorry man dont seem to actually give a solitary fuck
>>
>>927293
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOQsAnJ0uk4
>>
>>927293
>posting a thread asking about how to commit a crime and admitting publicly you've been committing this crime for a while now

Nice one, champ.
>>
>>927678
>http://www.landlordstation.com/info/squatters-rights-and-how-to-evict-them.html
>When you own a property with squatters in residence, it is often necessary to file an eviction action with the court for evicting squatters. In some states, it is necessary to file a repossession claim and have ownership established by the court. While this action can take months, there are some other things you can do to remove squatters.

Nice job pretending you know shit about anything.

If op is using it for storage, and is a squatter, and a shillheel, and the landlord got a judgement already while Op was away...

Then Op still can get his stuff back by claiming to be the owner, paying some storage fees. And if it's past that, then the landlord has to publicly auction his shit (or trash it)
>>
>>927682
>Implying there was anything intelligible in OP besides 'locked door' 'renting' 'halp'
>>
>>927690
as helpful as that is, I already said the door handle on the inside was removed.
>>
>>927723
Op, you are really fucking dumb. Why are you in college? You are barely fucking literate. Why are you wasting everyone's time and money? You don't belong there. None of your friends do either. College is where smart people go to get smarter. Dumb people going to college doesn't make them smarter. That's like saying you'll get taller if you join a basketball team.

Apologize to landlord, collect your shit, and leave.
>>
>>927724
Lol, as I already stated in the beginning, nothing is in the room its empty other than the bed provided and a cabinet. Sorry my apparent simple-minded "illiteracy" is to hard for your feeble mind to comprehend. Once again as stated before, just trying to see if there is a way in the room since the inside handle is removed as was for the rest of the apartments in the villa.
>>
>>927730
Not even him but you do form sentences like someone with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
>>
File: DormLayout.png (27KB, 1703x941px) Image search: [Google]
DormLayout.png
27KB, 1703x941px
OP mentions that is is a dorm (But also has a landlord so Im guessing the school doesnt own/maintain it).

These types of rooms will often have a common area that all tenants can access and a separate lockable bedroom one for each tenant.

You don't get a key to each bedroom and you don't have any right to go in any bedroom other than the one you have a key for.
>>
>>927724
Colleges are tuition farms. He is there to keep the flow of money going so the school can fund its sports teams so they can make more money.
>>
File: whoops.png (124KB, 922x941px) Image search: [Google]
whoops.png
124KB, 922x941px
>>927745
>>
>>927745
>>927760
This, OP is asking how to be a fag and ruin things for everyone. Also how to b&e.
>>
>>927354
>TNT or C4
He'd be better off using flash powder, with a toilet roil to shape it.
>>
>>927293
>>927293
As a landlord, I hope someone kicks your ass...
As a parent, I hope someone kicks your ass...
It isn't your property and you've proven you are not a trustworthy individual. Enjoy your shit white trash life full of irresponsibility.
>>
>>927730
OP your sentences are fine. Some people have been on chan so long they can't read more than a five word sentence. At least five people in this thread couldn't be bothered to read the first post.

But if nothing is left in there I would forget it. But seriously did the screwdriver not work.
>>
>>927760
That table....
>>
>>927710
It pisses me off that squatters have rights. Why the fuck do you have to evict someone that is has stolen one of your properties?

FUCK that. Go in guns fuckin blazing. Fuck liberals man
>>
Hmmm seems this reported thread asking how to do illegal activity is still up a day later. Thanks mods.
>>
>>927760
Nice table op.
>>
>>927917
>Hey /diy/ need your guys help.

OKay
>Just came back from break to my college dorm, and apparently the landlord removed all the tenants(') unopened rooms(') doorknob(s) on the inside.
Op clearly writes at a 7th grade level, he can't be in college, so the first phrase is ridiculous.
Tenants own unopened rooms? What the fuck does that even mean. If the tenants do own the unopened rooms the landlord has no right to remove their access to them.
How does op even have knowledge the doorknob on the inside was removed? OH I guess he doesn't own the room after all? Even though he said he did earlier?
>They caught one group with an unlocked room(;) my apartment was using the room for storage originally and got in by using a door hanger(.)
How can you get caught with an unlocked room? What's wrong with having an unlocked room? Is this punishment for leaving the main area open? Is it punishment for leaving their own bedrooms open? Or is it a response to repeated breakins to a room you have no right to enter? Apparently op uses a door hanger (pic related) to open them. Your apartment was using it? Everyone? I thought you said it was empty. You're using a room for storage but it's empty? What are you storing in it? Air? Oh wait no, later you say it's not empty, it's got a bed and a cabinet? Do you sleep in there op?
>Question is(:) how (d)o I get into the room now since our last way won't work anymore. (Pic provided is what the handle looks like as well as door frame around it)

Ambiguity remains: Does op own the room? He acts like he does, but his story doesn't add up to owning it unless the landlord is breaking the law. This seems unlikely, particularly at a dorm. How is there an empty storage room? How can someone be so bad at making a point and still get past a college entrance exam? Op, are you an african american? Hispanic?
>>
>>927970
Not op or the guy you responded too but why does the grammar even matter? Op asked a simple question and just as 4chan always does they focus on something else. Jeez
>>
>>928063
Because if you are too stupid to even present your problem and the situation surrounding it clearly, then you are too stupid to warrant helping or to follow any sort of helpful plan.
>>
>>928080
Psh, half the time on /diy/. I'm like well clearly English isn't OPs first language.

>all the syntax errors.
>>
>>927293
you have to wait until 3-4am and go out the window closest to the room you want you want in. then scale around the building and jimmy the window. make sure you bring a screwdriver to remove the knob completely from the door. and a small plastic baggie to put the removed knob in to make it easier to insert up your rectum. it may hurt a little, but its better than the alternative
>>
>>928100
I think you mean "all of 4chan".

You've not lived until you've seen a thread derailed by an ESL atop Mount Stupid trying to tell native speakers how their own language works.
>>
>>927970
Unopened room = Unrented room for future tenants.

It isn't on the open market for rentals or tenants to use and is thus classified as an unopened room. The room may or may not be locked or unlocked.

>unlocked room

Either a typo meaning "unopened room" or it was a once-locked room that is now for some unknown reason unlocked. Vagrants started squatting in it.

Empty room probably means there's no tenant renting it. A common term for an vacant apartment or spare bedroom.

These terms and uses are mostly colloquial dialect problems. Like someone asking if you want a "coke" and handing you a Sprite.

>Does op own the room

No, not in the slightest. He's trying to break into it which is trespassing and illegal.
>>
>>928100
That's a BEST lock though, no a eurocylinder. They're strictly mid tier US locks.
>>
>>927293

just ask your landlord for a key
>>
>>928114
>No, not in the slightest. He's trying to break into it which is trespassing and illegal.
Not that that matters here. A couple anons always help out the criminal types here.
>>
>>928485
Knowledge is neither good or bad.

The same advice would help out someone mom who'd locked her bedroom keys in her bedroom.
>>
>>927935
>It pisses me off that squatters have rights. Why the fuck do you have to evict someone that is has stolen one of your properties?

They have rights to protect them from worthless pieces of shit. Look at the times when landlord illegally raise the prices on rentals by huge amounts. 6000% increase in rent to try and run out old people.

It's not stealing, it's unauthorized access.

>FUCK that. Go in guns fuckin blazing. Fuck liberals man

If you go in with literal guns, you go to prison for a long time.

If you go in "guns fuckin blazing", you're pretty much agreeing to pay a large settlement to your tenants. Probably in the 5 figures range at the minimum.
>>
>>928546
Also, it's to protect subletter's who have no agreement. Or against landlords who 'lost' the lease. "Oh, you don't have a copy on file? then you're squatting get out. No you have no evidence of a deposit I'm keeping it."
Or the tennant's who won't pay rent because they have to replace furniture from a flood that the landlord took two weeks to fix. So they want the landlord to pay them back for hotel and damage expenses that renter's insurance didn't cover. so... that.
>>
>>928749
Oh, and a lot of the renter's rights thing was from NYC residents in the 1920's who got turfed out by efforts to remove slums by using eminent domain to empty bad neighborhoods.
So owner's got their money out, but renters got evicted, many several times.
So yeah, that's some of the pushback that lead to standard leases and the like.
>>
>>927304
Related Tip: A lot of dumbass hinge exterior doors on the outside, you can knock the pins out
>>
>>928546
What confuses me though, is these laws apply to people squatting a building that has never been rented and is owned and used by the same person/family.
>>
>>927435

I guess Op is a thieving cunt and just needs to be kicked out all together to make room for honest tenants.
>>
>>929173
Because >>928749. Landlord has to 'prove' there was no agreement. people will argue "oh, we met at a party and i mentioned i was about to be evicted with family, and he said we could stay at this unit for 6 months to make sure no one stole the pipes before he could get to rehab it."

OTOH landlord likes to be paid in cash, get's offer for house by developer, wants to sell in hurry, claims house was never rented.

But yeah, laws on the books for a LONG time say not allowed to use violence for defense of property, only of life. largely because at 2am it's hard to tell the difference between your drunk neighbor climbing in window thinking he lost his key vs someone breaking in. only one of those two people is really intending to do wrong.

Also, boy/girl/friend and fight means claim that he was 'squatting' when not, and deserves the same eviction process. Technically the whole, stuff is on the sidewalk when you get home? ?Not legal.

Lastly, I think part of the law is to allow for efficient use of property. If land is abandoned and no one can find an owner, I can occupy it, and if no one complains I end up owning it, because that way I pay taxes. Usually takes a decade or two, though.
Similarly, no one wants the court system to deal with a "oh, your daddy built the pool house over the property line." "well my daddy says he paid your daddy $100 for that part of the land" "NO HE DIDN'T" It's the same reason we have statues of limitations for crimes. It does less damage to the general public to let that bank robber spend the money after 20 years, than it would to pay investigators to track down and return the money. It's the same thing as why it's generally considered ok to keep a quarter that's on the ground and not a $100 bill without trying to find an owner.

But I digress...
>>
>>929284
CONT
>>929173 generally squatting in an occupied building is a crime and they have no rights, but can take a few weeks to prove it to the courts so cops will use force. Same reason why having a dead body and broken glass doesn't immediately prove that you didn't invite over an enemy, murder them, and break glass yourself, therefore arrest and investigate.
Basically the government has decided that A) use of force is expensive, and B) empty "zombie" houses help no one, so squatters get minimal rights as long as they don't commit violence, you can't PROVE they're stealing anything, and they didn't break in (window was already broken etc.)
>>
>>929288
Or you know, "Get the fuck out of here or I will shoot you for trespassing!" is what most people in my area do. Some actually shoot then call the cops.
>>
>>929284
if i find a hundred dollar bill on the ground i definitely don't try to find the owner.
>>
>>929284
My post
>>929173
Was referring to places like workshops or ranch shops.

A while back some family members had to go through legal proceedings to get some meth head removed from a isolated workshop on a 150 acre plot of land that's shared with some of the family.

How a meth head managed to afford a lawyer to pull that shit I'll never know. Basically he stated there was no agreement, but tried to claim the land was abandoned because no-one had been there for a month.
>>
>>927710
if i own a property with a squatter can I just live in my own property with them and make it a living hell?

I'd go through the process of evicting them but just do annoying shit like turn off water, power and leave rancid food around
>>
>>930780
No. They get it and are pretty much renters until you get an order to evict them. Shit's pretty fucked and can be abused, but it needs to be as strong as it is for when landlords are being dicks.
>>
>>927293
Do you care about the existing handle and lock?
If not a large pair of channel locks can be used to force it. But it will destroy the lock... You can then replace the old one with a new one. (You can also remove the old tumbler so the land lords key still works. I did this in an old property I added a master key so I could open it as well. (Requires a tumbler pin set which can run as much as $75. But will re-key or master a hundred doors.)
>>
>>927935
Many of us Liberals are armed too.

Hatfield's and McCoy's type shit will last forever.

The enemy has won.
>>
>>927293
Try a thin butter knife like a credit card, worked so far for me
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.