[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Omron my4n relay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 2016-01-08_20.17.52.jpg (1MB, 1249x1892px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-08_20.17.52.jpg
1MB, 1249x1892px
Hello /diy/ I came across 19 omron relays. Some info
5a 240 vac
5a 28 vdc
Coil : 110/120 vacation
Are they worth anything if I was to sell them on ebay, and more importantly what are some things I could make with them?
>>
>>927144
Unless you have a hundred each of them it's not worth the bother, you'll get a few bucks apiece for them, and by the time you pay Ebay their jew money you'll have nothing or have lost money. Just throw 'em in your junk drawer in case you need them.
>>
i also have a few semiconductors, correct me if im wrong; they will allow power to flow through them if they hit the right temp? so i could say put it in a room with a heater and have something turn on or off depending on how hot i get the room? (my dumb downed comprehensions)
>>
>>927162
What are they specifically? What are the part numbers?
>>
>>927144
Omron is GOAT quality relay maker. As much as i can see they are unused/new? Check how prices go on ebay and if you cannot be bothered, think about exchanging them for something with some other faggot from the 4chins

>>927162
>semiconductor
is basically diode

>power to flow through them if they hit the right temp
is basically thermistor

in theory you can call them both semiconductors, plus capacitors, resistors, transistors, etc.

like the one before me - post some numbers
>>
>>927144
No one is going to take a risk on a second hand part when a new one is equally easy to get.

Now go make a fuckload of vibrator inductors out of them and electrocute the world.
>>
Ebay them.

The company I work for specializes in sourcing obsolete parts for ancient factory control systems and automation - A lot of stuff from even a few years ago is simply not in production anymore, and when a customer doesn't want or cannot upgrade to new equipment, we come in and repair the existing stuff - some of it dating back to the '70's.

And the best source of stuff that the original manufacturer says no longer exists and cannot be sourced anywhere? Well, we have a warehouse full of stuff, but also Ebay. Weird unique relays, ancient semiconductors that were made by/for one company that went out of business in the 90's but this ONE factory is desperate to have their ancient machine repaired at any cost?

If it's old, rare, and in working order, you can almost name your own price for some stuff.
>>
>>927287
These are pretty standard ice cube relays; they're not rare by any stretch of the imagination.

OP, you can control other things by turning the coil on and off. They're not magical. Put them in your junk pile until you need them one day.
>>
>>927387
Maybe not the relays specificlly - i have a selection box of them at work - but sometimes IC's and old semiconductors in general can go for decent amounts. It's like stamp collecting. 99% of them are common and worthless, but finding that one rare one? Worth any amount of stripping down old crappy drive inverters or antique PLC's
>>
File: 1452339567550.jpg (19KB, 472x205px) Image search: [Google]
1452339567550.jpg
19KB, 472x205px
they are ac relays. you can use the mains voltage (110/120v ac) across the coil to make them turn on/off. you can use them in circuits like this ldr controlled night light.
>>
>>927172
>vibrator inductor
part number is on the top one, and specs are in the ops post
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.