[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY musician thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I buy this thing a few days ago and it was working pretty ok but now it lost some kind of rubber it had in the bottom part (the part that make contact with the strings).

Now I was wondering if I can fix it by myself, seeing through the web and see a few examples that use a hose but idk. I can heat a fishbowl hose and put it with pressure there?

Anyone with experience or enough knowledge to know what I can do? #AnythingToSave5Bucks

Also DIY instruments accessories thread.
>>
>>926212
A few layers of heatshrink tubing should do it, as long as it's soft enough to conform to the string (preventing buzzing on the frets) you should be golden. I can't see you paying more than a dollar for it.
>>
>>926215
Actually, you could use any old piece of hose that fits over the fret arm, sure it will flop around loose when it's not on the guitar but once it's clipped to the neck it'll be solid.

Sage because samefag.
>>
Anyone here with experience in AC power adapters?

I have a boss ME-70 and I'm running it with batteries. Idk if I can make a power adapter or buy a generic one, one time I read somewhere that if I use a generic it can overheat and it's better use only the official boss power adaptor.
>>
File: sfgsdf.jpg (292KB, 1192x1132px) Image search: [Google]
sfgsdf.jpg
292KB, 1192x1132px
>>926227
It will only overheat if you're pulling more power than the brick can supply. As long as the brick you choose can supply at least 500mA @ 9VDC, you're golden. Anyone who says otherwise is shilling for [brand], this is basic electronics and does not vary because [brandname] says so.

Personally, I have used nothing but pic related for my toys for fucking years, this is a 500mA one but the rest are 1A (which covers everything I own), they power a variety of Roland and Korg gear (synths, pedals, samplers) with no problem, plus the adjustable voltage and reversible polarity means I don't need to dick around finding the right brick when I pull a synth out of the cupboard to use. A handful of these might be infinitely more useful to you depending how much gear you have.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>926233
Kek
>>
>>926236
Heh, yeah, I did see that when I was googling around for the power rating for your toy, and I lolled. Most other toys list the power rating so you know what type of brick you need, apparently not so much with Boss. Gotta protect your income somehow anon!
>>
>>926240
Capitalism ftw and thanks man. A 9V 500ma center negative should work fine, also I recommend that toy for acoustic sessions. I have a fender sonoran sce and together make a great sound.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.