[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home AI / Project Jarvis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: AI.jpg (17KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
AI.jpg
17KB, 230x219px
Recently watched Ex Machina, and it got me thinking. (fuck zuckerberg)

Thought about what it would take to control things in my home with only my voice. IE: "Lights". "Turn on the TV" "Lock the doors" "It's cold in here, turn up the heat"

What would be a good starting point?
>>
>>925619

What is "voice recognition software" Alex....
>>
>>925681
What is "simple minded idiot" for $200 Alex...

It's a little more complicated than that, you fuckwit
>>
I've used X10 technology to do stuff like that. you need a USB-X10 interface box, and X10 receivers in your lights, or the light switches, or sockets. however, it's a dying technology which is being replaced by something whose name i forget. see www.smarthome.com for examples.
>>
>>925683
Not the guy that you were talking to, but how so?
>>
>>925685

Coz your computer cant control anything. Ever try to turn on your toaster using the serial port? Besides, you dont wanna have a 500W machine running 24/7.
>>
>>925687
The computer is the easy part. You only need something that's powerful enough to understand a sound in a reasonable timeframe, then send out a signal to some servo or relay or some shit.

Maybe I'm under thinking this, but it seems that simple to me.
>>
>>925688

Anyway, you asked for a starting point, so here it is:

Figure out exactly what it is that you're trying to accomplish. Be as specific as possible. Then figure out how you might do it.

This board is to help you with specifics, we're not here to design it for you.
>>
File: shilo.jpg (24KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
shilo.jpg
24KB, 650x366px
>>925619
Android has a built in speech-to-text system you can access using API. You say things to it and it gives your program a String of what it thinks you said. Your App could just parse the input and send instructions to a computer(Rasp PI) attached to relays. So you could tell it to turn on a light and have it flip the relay. This is actually pretty simple so just DO IT and post something useful about it.
>>
I know you all hate Reddit, but /r/DIYAI is a thing that exists.
>>
>>925687
>Ever try to turn on your toaster using the serial port?

No, but I have used the parallel port to control plenty of things. What are transistors and relays for $500, Alex?

OP, get some decent speech recognition software that can control keybinds.
>>
>>925683
It's not more complicated than google, which is where you should have started.

these anons are providing helpful info and you didn't respond
>>925684
>>925886

calling voice activated switches an AI is stretching it, since you're not giving it any intelligence, just having it respond directly to voice commands.
>>
File: tornadoguard.png (26KB, 201x386px) Image search: [Google]
tornadoguard.png
26KB, 201x386px
>>927239
I'm not sure there is such a big group of reddit haters here. Usually just a noisy minority translates to a majority... On the other hand I'm indifferent about reddit so I might be biased.

Pic in a sense related...
>>
I've build this with an rpi and Steve hicksons piausuite, it should be still somewhere on github. Only pain in the ass is getting a (quality) microphone connected to the RPI. If the software is running, attach some relays to the RPI and there you go.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.