[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm installing some L-track in the back of my jeep, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0783.jpg (1MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0783.jpg
1MB, 2448x1836px
I'm installing some L-track in the back of my jeep, and I have to drop some screws through the tub and weld nuts to the underside. The problem is the holes are lining up at the worst possible location, right into the bent section of a support piece for the tub. I already notched one out with a dremel as you can see but its kind of shitty and tedious.

I need to do 7 more of these, can you think of a better way than notching with a dremel?
I thought about removing the whole piece but there are at least 20 somewhat large spot welds that I would have to fill in which doesn't seem worth it.
>>
Would rivnuts/nutserts be strong enough for this? These tracks are supposed to hold in a seat. 2 tracks per seat, 7 fasteners per 3 foot track. I would think 14 nutserts into 1 layer of 18ga sheet metal and 1 layer of slightly thicker metal would be sufficiently strong to hold a passenger in place, right?
>>
>>925543
So what you're saying is:
>drill more holes
>use more rivet nuts
>must be stronger because more holes
>???
>profit
>>
>>925559
I'm not drilling any more holes, I'm only replacing the nuts I had planned on welding to the underside with rivnuts.
>>
well I looked up the spec sheet anyways and a single 1/4" rivnut in sheet metal has a specified pull out strength of 480lbs. If I get half that on each one I'm happy.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.