[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To drive or not to drive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: no.jpg (59KB, 369x370px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
59KB, 369x370px
Question:
Drive 30 minutes round trip and pay £18 for metal £1.04 fuel cost

or to save £5.50 on price

Drive 2 hours round trip and pay £12.47 for parts £2.80 fuel cost

It's exactly the same part, the closer company buy it from the larger company further away.

£3.74 more but save one and a half hours of my life on the boring fucking motorway.

Also I'm making a welding bench, any advice?
1100mm high (i'm 6'4" with a bad back)
1600mm long
1000mm depth
>>
Is your time worth £2.50/hour?
>>
>>925429
Is it worth £3.74 not to drive for 2 hours?
Yes it is.
I don't know where you got the £2.50 from but yes, i've sooner do nothing and pay £2.50 than drive for an hour, even though i'm a taxi driver.
>>
>>925429
Not to mention wear on the vehicle. This is a penny wise, pound foolish way of thinking. If you really want to save money move to an apartment that's $100 cheaper a month, save $1,200 annual. Quit worrying about $5 is retarded.
>>
>>925432
>implying I pay anything to live besides food.
fuck it then i'll pay the 3.74

Any advice on the welding bench? I don't know whether to go flat top or mesh or bars?
>>
What do you drive that costs 1.40 to run for an hour on the motorway.
>>
>>925427
>boring fucking motorway
depends which motorway (speed cameras, pigs etc)
but if you hate driving which you clearly do then buy it from close
>>
>>925439
Total distance is 23.8 miles to the further one, not ALL motorway maybe 18 miles of it.
>>925439
>>925458
and yeah as I said i'm a taxi driver but I fucking detest morotways, if I went on the A roads it's 28 miles and a 3 hours round trip.

Yeah the shorter one is pretty much three roads and half of it through fields and
countryside.

Another question: you meet a nice person at college you could call yourself friends and he makes a product that's easy to make and you can make good profit on it.
He and his friend do this and his friend is not a sociable person and wants noone else in on it.

You you rip off his idea, make and sell the product yourself? College is over in another 6 months and I aint going back next year. Doubt we will stay in touch.
>>
>>925572
Total distance one way so that's like 47 miles round trip at 50mpg and a cost of 109p per litre
>>
File: horse1.jpg (482KB, 2203x2937px) Image search: [Google]
horse1.jpg
482KB, 2203x2937px
>>925429
i have actually thought of this kind of stuff, but you have to consider that driving and doing fuck all is a lot more enjoyable than working, so 1 hour driving and saving some money could pay about £2.50/hour in savings while working pays £10/hour. in such a case driving longer could be the better thing to do. of course all of this depends on how mentally demanding your job is.
>>
>>925574
Holy shit I don't miss traffic in England. 47 miles taking 2 hours.

Do you make less than £1.87/hr? Save the time.
>>
Check the Miller welding forums, Weldingweb, and the Hobart forums for lots of interesting welding bench, cart, and tool ideas.
>>
>>925427
http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/ covers lots of EU gear and processes.
>>
>>927496
>>927497
Thanks.
I built myself a bench though, and now a coffee table.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.