[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fixing damage to walls and doors.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: hole.jpg (71KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
hole.jpg
71KB, 960x720px
I had an alcohol fuelled breakdown on New Years resulting in:

1. A hole in my wall
2. A hole in my bedroom door
3. A hole in my closet door
4. A gouge in the wall

I'm just wondering what the best way to get this damage fixed would be. I guess a plasterer can fix the hole/gouge in the wall, although perhaps this is something easily fixed myself? It's not something I've ever done before.

For the bedroom door I'm almost thinking it would be easier to just buy a new door than try to repair that hole. I'm not quite sure what to do about the closet door though because I'm not confident I'd be able to find a door of the correct dimensions.

Any suggestions?

I'll have to upload the images one by one because I'm on my phone and don't have access to an image editor.
>>
File: door.jpg (76KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
door.jpg
76KB, 960x720px
>>
File: closet.jpg (72KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
closet.jpg
72KB, 960x720px
>>
File: gouge.jpg (84KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
gouge.jpg
84KB, 960x720px
>>
>>925317
A gouge in the wall you just fill it with plaster, sand smooth and then paint.
For a hole you get a piece of cardboard or wood, make a hole in the centre and knot a rope through it. Slip in into the hole then tie the rope to wondering to give you something to stop the plaster falling down into the wall basically. Fill the hole and let it set/dry then cut the rope before finishing off.
If its a honeycomb door you are fucked. A solid door could be fixed by a carpenter.
You could hang a new door but you need a few tools, at the very least a chisel and a plane
If you can't find a replacement just put a poster over it
>>
>>925317
http://www.aa.org/
http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

On topic:
replace doors, apply bondo, sand, primer, paint, lacquer, repeat, apply 12 steps (srs).
>>
>>925325
>If its a honeycomb door you are fucked

I'm not familiar with the term "honeycomb door" but it's certainly not solid so I guess I'm fucked, at least insofar as the closet door is concerned. It shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement for the bedroom door. Putting a poster on it won't suffice unfortunately, as I have a landlord to appease.

>>925327
>apply 12 steps (srs)

Yes, I had my first AA meeting today. As it happens I also smashed up my gaming PC, punched out $700 worth of windows, and broke the shower door (and it's looking like I'll have to replace the entire shower, er, "cube", because I don't fancy my chances of finding a sliding glass door which matches the glass walls of the shower).

I've had a rough couple of years since moving to this city and I'd bottled it all up for too long, and used alcohol as a crutch for too long.

On the plus side, all of the thousands it's going to cost me to get all this shit fixed is nothing compared to the money I'll save by not drinking this year.
>>
File: rGxtlmI.jpg (69KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
rGxtlmI.jpg
69KB, 800x533px
>>925332
>using substances as a crutch to wane off bottled up emotions

been there, done that bro.
I'm currently 5 days off smoking weed. I feel like I'm going fucking insane, on the other hand I feel already a bit better. Plenty of sleep and being well fed at all times helps with my crankiness, I discovered. I also started to drink much more water....
>>
>>925332
I also found out that 5HTP, an OTC herbal supplement works as an antidepressant
>>
>>925332
Yeah,nah. This, couple with the fact that you're coming to 4chan to talk about your problems tells me that you need antipsychotics.

NEET here, I won the NEET lottery about a year and a half ago. Now I've just won the full lottery by pretending to be retarded. The Australian guberments is going to pay me 20k$/year to live in Thailand watching Chinese comics.
>>
>>925332
A honeycomb door is two sheets of hardboard with a centre of thin cardboard type stuff in a hexagonal honeycomb type arrangement. Like a beehive you know. The edges are wood to allow hanging and handles
>>
>>925342
Diy isnt a place to talk about your autism and weed isnt an addictive drug. Go do some meth and let me know if you still think weed is addictive. Its all in your head m8. That weed made you retarded.
>>
>>925389
People can become psychologically dependant. Also you've probably been smoking for about 4 years tops and haven't been a daily smoker that entire time. If you were, I'd challenge you to quit cold turkey just for 2 days and honestly tell me you don't get nausea, headaches, or irritable. Judging by your comment tho the irritability thing might just be you, I guess we have that in common.
>>
>>925354
>NEET here, I won the NEET lottery about a year and a half ago. Now I've just won the full lottery by pretending to be retarded. The Australian guberments is going to pay me 20k$/year to live in Thailand watching Chinese comics.

Are you on the dole in Aus? I heard when customs scan your passport your payments get frozen till you return.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.