[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard would it be to build a "space suit" I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (927KB, 1665x1956px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
927KB, 1665x1956px
How hard would it be to build a "space suit"
I don't necissarily need it to be so tight it can operate in the vacuume of space,
Just enough to keep the Canadian winter off my face.
Climate control like heating and cooling and ventilation would be a plus but not totally necissary.
>>
File: JTAE2129 PSE.jpg (203KB, 459x640px) Image search: [Google]
JTAE2129 PSE.jpg
203KB, 459x640px
what about a snowmobile suit?
>>
>>924811
I don't want to look that crazy anon
>>
goggles and a scarf?

as for heated clothing, this is something i have actually researched pretty extensively and it's not really viable unless you have a ton of money to drop on expensive Li batteries or you're also using a vehicle like a bike or a scooter. If you have a powered scooter you have an essentially infinite power source from the alternator / generator. Otherwise you're going to be lugging around huge batteries or paying out the ass for Li-ion and still having to carry quite a few of them to get any decent heating time. The heated jacket itself is pretty simple, though, just run a bunch of (electrically) insulated heater coil wire through a jacket that is made of something that is relatively flame resistant and have some way to regulate it so you don't cook yourself or light yourself on fire.
>>
Wrap yourself in clingfilm, bubble wrap, and aluminum foil or foil blankets.
>>
>>924820
>I want to build a spacesuit so that I can look less crazy than someone wearing a commercially available snowmobile riding suit?

U focking wot m8? U takin' the Piss ar' ya?
>>
Just buy an EMU suit from NASA,
They cost like 25 million dollars
>>
>>924835
What you are saying is I should build a climate controlled snowmobile instead?
>>924843
Right?
>>
>>924867

No he means that the primary problem is the batteries.

Hook that jacket up to a vehicle and the power source is as long as the tank has fumes in it.
>>
>>924835
What if I built an r2d2 that ran on gas.
I could have a little robot follow me around all day and plug myself into it
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 285x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 285x380px
>>924869
>>924871
>>
>>924871

Go for it!

If you don't fucking make you are a faggot.
>>
>>924807
Even space suits aren't air tight, that's why that one astronaut almost drowned during that space walk.
>>
File: what.jpg (6KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
6KB, 265x190px
>>924892
>>
>>924892
D-d..drowned ? Suffocated ?
>>
File: rtd2.jpg (13KB, 236x220px) Image search: [Google]
rtd2.jpg
13KB, 236x220px
>>924871
>and plug myself into it
I too dream of plugging myself in to RTD2.
>>
>>924892
1/10, made me reply.
>>
>>924892
No, really.

Your body's pretty airtight anyway, which is why you don't slosh all over the floor.

All a spacesuit really needs to do is stop blood pooling in your limbs (tight rubber can do this), supply air around your head (so you can breathe it, and because that's where your vacuum-sensitive ears and eyes are), and keep your temperature within survivable limits.
>>
>>924807
OP, you need the opposite of a space suit.

The primary problem in space is cooling, because no air means no convection and no conduction.

Whereas in Canada, your problem is too much cooling.
>>
>>924909
>>924908
>>924943
>>924927
I'm talking about the spacewalk they faked in a pool on live tv where the astronaut got water in his helmet. Duh. It was when they needed to do an emergency repair on the ISS
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.