[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good insulating foam to use for a cat shelter like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: catShelter.png (875KB, 725x551px) Image search: [Google]
catShelter.png
875KB, 725x551px
What's a good insulating foam to use for a cat shelter like this? Basically, I want to fill all the areas between boxes where I don't have sufficient whatchamacallit insulation so boxes don't move around.

Someone told me some of that insulation melts plastic. Sounds like bs, but confirm. I also don't want the cats breathing any hazardous fumes.
>>
>>924314
some kinds of insulation eats pvc, you can't run electric wire over some insulation for example, specifically the hard board type stuff

you could use the horrible rolls of wire wool insulation type stuff, perhaps some of those airbags you get for packing parcels or stuff it with packing peanuts.
expanding foam?
jelly?
concrete?
>>
>>924314
Asbestos. And napalm.
>>
>>924314
Shelter for what? Stray cats? You're trying to over engineer this thing.

The vast majority of animals are more than capable of keeping themselves plenty warm on their own in cold air. What gets animals in the end is moisture which inhibits their coat's insulating qualities, or drafts strong enough to leach the warm air trapped by their coat.

A single wall box with a protected entrance to keep drafts at bay and a vent hole near the top to let warm moist air leak out is all animals need.

Straw or shredded paper can also help them nest if it gets any colder.

I would find a way to shield the entrance. That allows easy entrance and egress while dampening air flow. Maybe a piece of fleece with flaps cut, folded over a few times then attached to the inside of the box over the entrance. Some holes along the top will let light in and moisture out.
>>
>>924354

Alright, thanks.
>>
>>924354
If you want a bulk fill other than straw or old newspaper, a bale of cellulose insulation should last for many of your pictured projects.
>>
>>924378
Just because we shouldn't allow more feral cats to be created doesn't mean we need to ignore or kill the ones that already exist.
>>
>muh feral cats

No one cares. These boxes are great for outdoor farm cats too.

>>924314
Pretty much anything will work from crumpled up newspaper/magazine pages to pieces of cardboard to straw/hay.
>>
File: feral cat activist.jpg (93KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
feral cat activist.jpg
93KB, 600x450px
>>924378
Oh noes :^)
>>
>>924378
Introducing spayed and neutered feral cats should cause feral cat populations to decrease.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.