[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /diy/. Need to construct pic related, any ideas? Don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (15KB, 795x323px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
15KB, 795x323px
Hey, /diy/.

Need to construct pic related, any ideas?

Don't know what parts to use, how to bring the main pipe down to an adapter for a valve etc.
Also don't know what sort of valve to use to inject the oxygen into the tube.

It's for a hybrid rocket, so needs to be fairly strong. No woods or plastics. Weight is not an issue.

Feel free to ask me anything you need to know.
>>
File: file.png (7KB, 637x244px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
7KB, 637x244px
How it needs to look when finished building.
>>
>>924183
Weld it from stainless.
>>
>>924198
No welding tools.
>>
>>924203

iron pipe nipples and end caps from home depot
>>
>>924183
Unless you have a pump or a oneway valve (preferably both) on the air intake, your rocket will expell its exhaust in the wrong direction. With your fuel chamber acting as the combustion chamber, the exhaust will follow the path of least tesistance. You should also widen the rear chamber opening and go for a longer nozzle instead.
>>
>>924247
Is a ball valve one-way?
>>
>>924248
>>
>>924259
What?
>>
>>924260
You need a 4chan Gold™ account to view his post.
>>
>>924260
Uh, what i somehow failed to post:

I'm not sure about the English terminology of valves, but I believe that a ball-valve is a oneway valve, yes.
>>
>>924261
At least I got a free (You)
>>
File: star-wars-oranges.jpg (72KB, 426x757px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-oranges.jpg
72KB, 426x757px
>>924248

you have no idea what you're doing

maybe you should stick to making crystals
>>
>>924265
What could possibly go wrong
>>
>>924263
What the fuck are you smoking? A ball valve is definitely not a one-way valve.
>>
>>924231
Build a pipe bomb, but drill a big hole in one end and attach a one way valve to the other.

Threaded steel pipe with steel end caps.
>>
>>924773
Don't worry, getting a check valve too.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.