[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vroom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20151231_143139156.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151231_143139156.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
Sup, /diy/nos
I have a car problem and although I just checked out /o/ for the first time, there was nothing specific about whether asking dumb questions about auto repair was allowed or if you're just supposed to use the board to masturbate to amazing cars. I know nothing about cars but its pretty obvious some jackass popped the hood and ripped... something out. Even though I plan on making repairs myself, If this isn't a /diy/ thing, that's cool and sorry for wasting your time. Direct me to the right board and I'll annoy them. I can post more pics of... whatever is relevant.
Picture related. Its my '97 Toyota Tercel. AKA sex machine 9000
>>
>>922905
the ignition is missing.
>>
>>922905
It's very obvious to me what all is missing, but since you busted out the 'sex machine 9000' shit, I'm not going to tell you because you sound like a fucking TOOL.
>>
>>922907
said sarcastically. this thing couldn't pick up girls if it had a crane attached. but oh how you wound me.
>>
>>922909
Hey buddy this is 4chan, I don't put it past anyone to say something like that and *mean* it.

Looks like they stole whatever passes for an ignition coil, and obviously some of the spark plug cables and maybe the plugs themselves. Go to a wrecking yard and compare, or just drop by the dealer and show them a picture, they'll be able to tell you what's missing.
>>
>>922918
Haha true enough. You right.
And thank you. I do mean that.
>>
File: toyota-tercel-engine-1.jpg (275KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
toyota-tercel-engine-1.jpg
275KB, 1024x768px
ignore the rednecked air filter
>>
>>922932
No no. it adds character. And this is a great reference, thanks.
>>
Is there a reason anyone would take this?
>>
>>922948
Ignition modules can be fairly expensive.
>>
>>922980
holy fucking shit. 326 dollars. You right.
>>
>>922932
>hot air intake
>>
>>922948
the better question is, why did they only take two spark leads?
>>
>>922932
>>923120
oh wait, wut? what kind of crazy direct coil over plug/ wasted spark business is that? why would any cary manufacturer choose the more expensive option of two ignition modules if they wernt going to spring for the full set?
>>
>>922932
you should install the heat shield friend.
exhausts need to run at a certain temperature in order to self clean and for the 02 sensor to function properly. by removing the heat shield you're exposing everything to more heat instead of keeping it in the exhaust. throttle cable, power steering reservoir, belts, water hoses.
>>
>>923124
Yea it's odd.
Maybe you can still make it home if one goes out?
>>
>>923125
Not my pic, came from jewgle
>>
>>923125
i like to remove my heatshields then wrap headers down to the cats
>>
>>923023
even if its hotter that will be much better airflow than stock maze if intake tubing
+cleanable filter
>>
>>922918
>>922907
what a faggot
>>
>>922990
>Ignition modules
Ignition coils. I just priced them out at $28 for the pair on Ebay...I have no idea what you're talking about. Coil packs burn out over time and have to be replaced. I would spring for the plugs and wires and give it the full tune up.
>>
>>923655
This guy is right.
>>923120
>>923124
Each coil fires two cylinders at the same time (one on the dead stroke). The reason two plug caps are gone is they attach to the coils that way.
>>
>>923648
>what a faggot
Oh wow you sure told him with that hot comment five star post nigger HOW DO YOU DO IT IT'S AMAZING
>>
Do you live in a bad neighborhood? Crack-heads will steal spark plugs from motorcycles to get the white ceramic part. Apparently they smoke crack with that shit. Sucks for motorcycle owners.

If you are in an especially crappy part of town I could imagine they would look for the fugliest beater in the lot to vandalize (cause crackheads have morals/good taste in cars?)
>>
>>923970
>Oh wow you sure told him with that hot comment

As opposed to touting how knowledgeable you are (on something so painfully basic), yet threatening to withhold the knowledge because an obvious joke went over your head.

Everything about it is really cringe worthy. The worst part is you sitting here trying to defend it.
>>
>>923995
They dont use the porcelain on the spark plug to smoke crack, they steal them so they can chip off the porcelain and use it to break car windows.
>>
>>923995
>>924045
Wat?

A crack head would need tools, time, focus, and enough sneakyness to steal a plug.

Aren't they like $2 for a cheap one?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.