[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free Energy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
How To Free Energy
>>
>>922889
Moving magnets, nothing is for free tho, not even immigrants.
>>
>>922889
That's not 'free energy' OP, that's a transducer; you're converting mechanical energy (moving the magnet) into electrical energy, by inducing a current in the coil.

Now, if you want to play around with something, try this: Put up a long-wire antenna outside your house, as high up as you can get it. For bonus points, tune the length for 1000kHz (middle of the AM broadcast band). Sink a 6-foot ground rod into the ground for a good, solid earth ground point. Connect that to the lowest voltage drop Schottky diode you can find, using the ground rod for your circuit ground. Now you're stealing power from all the AM broadcast transmitters in your area. Connect that to an energy-harvesting-and-storing circuit that charges a supercapacitor or secondary battery (Linear Technology has ICs that are designed to do this), and over time you have 'semi-free' energy (again, you're 'stealing' it from AM broadcast transmitters -- but they're giving it away anyway).
>>
>>922893
What if we poison the water in mexico so that it genetically modifies all newborns so that they are slightly magnetic. Then, instead of building a wall, we build a massive coil they have to walk past to get into america, thereby generating electricity. I know it's not "free," but it's free for us.
>>
>>922913
How about we put bug magnets under cars and line our streets with coils connected to the grid.
>>
>>922913
https://www.instagram.com/p/_kRVYuPhoO/?taken-by=wangkjetil
>>
>>922975
>link to instagram

I think you missed the "image" part of "imageboard"
>>
>>922903
And after a year you can charge your cell phone for 10 minutes. Also, you wrote all this and didn't think of solar?
>>
>>922989
I clicked it, it's a video clip

>>922913
We could make a very steep hill. It'll gradually go from 0° to 93° with a 10 foot streets at the point it stops curving. Hand them all magnets and tail them they'll need it to attach to the top to climb over. Make rows of magnets they have to pass to get there, generating the electricity. If they do manage to make it to the top they'll jump to the edge, miss, and roll down to the bottom to try again. That way we keep most of them out, and the ones that make it past get immediately in the marines and put on the front line as meat shields for tanks.
>>
>>922889
diodes
>>
>>922957
If you put magnetic rotors under the road could you steel energy from cars driving past?
>>
>>922889
Hook up your farts to a collection tank and use them to run a natural gas turbine.
>>
>>922889
Buy a solar panel. Free energy.

Build a Farnsworth Fusor.
>fusion
>Use electricity
Pick both
>>
free energy == magnets
go lookup how they work
>>
>>922889
only free energy you can get is things like solar power, or stealing power from picking up rf from high voltage lines
>>
>>923154

That'd be silly, because while you could steal some "free" energy from cars driving past, you're stealing the useful energy that they're using to get around.

A much better idea is to use piezo pressure transducers to harvest energy from the natural expansion and contraction of the roadway as vehicles pass overhead. This is energy that is otherwise lost into the environment, which is what makes it ideal for harvesting.

People have the same idea for harvesting energy from sewage lines. It turns out that a lot of waste water is relatively warm (from showers, laundry machines, dishwashers). Rather than letting that heat energy dissipate into the ground around the sewer, people are working on ways of capturing it to perform useful work.

It truly is a Brave New World.
>>
How to: Free keks

Use this thread as a guide!
>>
>build giant coil inside the WC
>eat magnetic powder
>free energy when you take a shit
>>
>put giant floating magnet into the sea
>free energy when waves move it
>plus you can live on said free energy magnet island
>>
File: Free_eectricity.jpg (97KB, 691x479px) Image search: [Google]
Free_eectricity.jpg
97KB, 691x479px
>The plans big oil doesn't want you too see.
>>
Energy is already relatively inexpensive.
Its $35 a barrel of crude oil; after shipping, refining, shipping again, staff costs, taxes, fees and profit margin it comes to $2 a gallon.
>>
>>925905
Do you even physics?
>>
>>925905
I built a prototype from these plans but it's not working. I think I need to make the water fall faster somehow. Like maybe use the generator to power a pump to drive the water down more forcefully, kind of like a supercharger.
>>
>>925909
I can't tell if you are trolling or not
It will never work because the energy spent to get the water up will always be more then the energy gained from the water wheel
>>
File: image.png (364KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
364KB, 640x1136px
>mfw this thread
>>
>>923629
Waste water energy has been used in Scandinavia for decades. But not for electricity, just the heat is pumped out. Up here in the north heat is needed in the winter times...
>>
>>925900
thats not free, you're pulling energy out of an open system
>>
>>925900
>but mom, I want to tapdance!
>>
>>923629
Just call it an "energy tax" and be done with it. Half of the "New World" energy is bullshit that steals the regular Joe's energy away, e.g. the piezo floors taking my hard-earned walking energy.
>>
>>922889
Go to 5:30 and watch OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q5dfFMre40&feature=youtu.be&t=5m31s
>>
>>922889
Stealing is good start.
>>
>>925926
>>925908
the joke
--------------
your head
>>
>>923615
== /= does not equal
learn your equations shorthand
>>
>>922889
Huge ring around earth, earth rotating creates unlimited energy... stupid humans...
>>
>>922889
this uses radio waves to ignite water. It takes more energy to produce the radio waves but still it's an interesting concept that might be realized at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhqldxU_cvA
>>
>>927759
the joke divided by your head? What is that even supposed to mean, you stupid retard?
>>
>>928394
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
Why don't we just get huge coils of wire and get NASA to launch magnets into space. They drop the magnet through the loop and generate literally free energy for everyone.
>>
>>923377
I already do this only with candles
>>923629
Friendly reminder to let your bathwater sit on cold days to warm up your house
>>
>>928822
>Friendly reminder to let your bathwater sit on cold days to warm up your house

In case you aren't trolling.

If a bath contains 40 gallons of water and the water is 27 degrees hotter than the surrounding air ( 95f vs 68f air temp ) then the bath water contains ~ 9000 joules of energy , or ~0.002 kwh

With an average national cost of 12.5 cents per kwh, you've just saved 0.00025 dollars

Great savings there bud.
>>
>>928838

correction: 17000 joule / 0.004 kwh.

Still not worth wasting any thought on though.
>>
>>923459
>buy
>free
>>
Put a coil around Earth
THer, i fixed all your energy probles
>>
File: photovoltaic-module.jpg (52KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
photovoltaic-module.jpg
52KB, 400x400px
Install one of these
Use to run some LED lights or something
>>
>>923629
didnt they do this with streets in dubai or some shit?
>>
>>928838
But the costs to run my water-heater are much higher? Where does that energy go? By your logic i use like 50x0.00025 dollar worth of energy a mnoth but i pay about 50$.
>>
>>930075
You've already heated up the bathwater for the bath, so the heat from it is energy that is normally wasted, but here you're getting a very tiny bit back.
Every little bit counts.
>>
Here's a genuine question in a not-so genuine thread... why don't we generate more electricity based on human effort?
I mean, with how many people pay to use treadmills and exercise equipment, why not just let them use it for free in exchange for generating electricity?

And then once people catch on etc etc, I'm sure you could literally just hire people to turn turbines. With regulations of course, like time limits to how long you can work someone, etc, but it's the most renewable source of energy I can think of.

I think a lot of the societal problems we have right now in regards to consumption (material and energy) have to do with trying to remove the human element, in terms of manual labor. Like, when the power goes out, I have a little hand-crank radio that I just wind up when I want to hear the weather reports or music or whatever. Why is this treated as a novelty more than a viable energy solution? I mean it's not perfect, but nothing is, man.
>>
>>930075
cold water is colder than the air inside your house
water heater isn't 100% efficient
you lose heat to pipes and shit on the way to the bath
>>
>>930106
pointless busy work you mean?
because it's negatively efficient.
people still ride bicycles.
you realize that the materialism meme is just advocating chosen simplicity right? it's like you want to live in a cuckshed and believe its your choice, not just gearing down your expectation to something realistic given your available resources.
>>
>>930118
>people still ride bicycles
What do you mean by this? I think what I'm saying is, if people are already going to ride bicycles (or in this case, let's say pay to use exercise bikes at the gym or whatnot), why can't you produce energy via means that people are already doing?

And it's not pointless busy work if it's your job. Like, if your job is to just fucking crank a rechargeable battery. It's busy work yeah but not pointless. I mean I'm sure I'm looking at it somewhat naively, but there's so much emphasis on trying to find renewable sources of energy to essentially turn turbine generators (whether it's wind, water, steam heated by coal, natural gas, or nuclear reactions, that's the main goal if my understanding is correct). I'm just wondering why, with how many people there are in the world, human labor isn't used more to do the same thing.

I mean, if it was broken down further, I guess there are issues like the amount of human effort put in not yielding much electricity, and even moreso the cost of labor itself (one human man-hour vs cost of the amount of coal to produce the same output), the difference in efficiency re: time, etc. But, I never even hear it discussed. Is it really that out of the question? Does it only work on a small scale? Only on an unrealistically massive scale?

Then ofc there's the huge potential for human rights violations, slave labor, etc. So maybe I answered my own questions.
>>
>>930127
It's inefficient. Let's say I own a power plant: am I going to pay ten thousand humans to crank all Day or feed an engine to do the same thing for much less cost?
>>
>>930130
Well, it's easy to say it's inefficient without show math on how you concluded that you'd need 10,000 humans to do that amount of work. And feed an engine with what?

[citation needed]

Not to say I don't agree with you; it probably is inefficient in the end. It's just a lousy way of illustrating the point.
>>
File: black-mirror-_1.jpg (45KB, 614x347px) Image search: [Google]
black-mirror-_1.jpg
45KB, 614x347px
>>930127
we all contribute in our own way.

its far more efficient in terms of time and effort expended to just pump energy out of the ground. at the moment we have centuries of crude oil and natural gas left to use. no rush to change anything.

just look at exercise stuff. calorie burning. work out how much energy a person can produce. at full power most big TVs use 400W or there abouts. an athlete can sustain an indefinite maximum output of 200w on a bike. you've just lost 40% to inefficiency in the generator, storage, wiring, distribution system. so now you have 120W produced. pedal for an hour and you have enough to run an electric heater on low for six minutes. or a television for a little over half that time. an air conditioner to cool the house while you all pedal inside, suddenly, negatively efficient. so you need that whole coal power plant infrastructure anyway. OR, you can get eight hours of work on the bicycle for 13c AUD, or 13c per kilowatt hour from your electric company.

so the question you need to ask yourself is this: are batteries too expensive so it's ok to use a wind up toy every now and then or is a whole working day worth more than 13c to you?
>>
>>930134
Now that's the shit I guess I was looking for (without realizing with my first post on the topic)
Yeah the more I think about it the more that makes sense. So essentially it's only valuable on a small scale, ie when the power goes out and I crank for a minute to get a half hour of radio.
>>
>>930135
>it's only valuable on a small scale
given the current laws on slave labor
:^)
>>
>>930106
Over consumption and over materialism is driven by government loan policies.

The fed has kept it's thumb Down on interest rates for 30 years. Of course everyone is going to over co sume and buy a new house every 10 years and a new car every 5. That's a staggering amount of resources into cars and houses. Then how about the government subsidy on roads? All that tar and rock and roads to nowhere? Did we really need those? Ther us a history of perfectly servicable private roads and canals in the us. It was early crony capitalism. Prop up auto manufacturers and hold the railroad overa barrel.
>>
>>930132
>[citation needed]

It doesn't take a high school education to see that turning corn into ethanol is vastly more efficient than adding an inefficient biological mess between the steps.

Are you 12?
>>
>>928838
>>928853
You forgot to convert kilograms to grams (I would assume - heat capacities are usually given for gram masses), so your answer is low by a factor of a thousand. Still not much savings though.
>>
>>930106
>it's the most renewable source of energy I can think of
An athlete on a bike connected to a generator, pedaling for eight hours, might generate about a kilowatt-hour of usable energy. The ten thousand or so food calories it would take to fuel the athlete would produce more usable energy if you burned them in a power plant, and they took more energy to grow, process, ship, etc. Switching to human power would actually result in greater demand on non-human power. What kind of energy economy do you think would allow turbine laborers to buy food with an energy content greater than their output?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.