[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was cutting a metal hook in bathroom and didn't cover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: CERAMstyle_02.jpg (69KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
CERAMstyle_02.jpg
69KB, 303x303px
I was cutting a metal hook in bathroom and didn't cover the area hit by sparks so now I got miniscule metal shards embedded in the ceramic plates. Any protips on how to ge it out? I tried to scrape it off with metal scrape ut it just made it worse.
>>
Magnet
>>
>>922755
>embedded in ceramic tiles
Uh, no. If something got 'embedded' in them then it's not ceramic, it's some sort of plastic, and no, you can't fix it, you'll have to replace the flooring.
>>
>>922883
sparks melt into glass and ceramic
this happens very often during bodywork on cars
mechanics just dont give a fuck
welding masks have plastic shields in front of black glass to protect it from sparks
>>922755
Those tiles are fucked, even if you removed sparks youre left with holes in enamel
It would be easier to replace tiles
And if you leave tiles as is, sparks will start to rust and form stains
>>
Can barely see it OP
>>
>>925236
Yeah, I can't see any shards in this stock photo either
>>
>>923307
Sparks don't have a high enough thermal mass to melt into glass. Plastic, maybe, but not glass.
>>
acid attacks metal faster than ceramic
how brave do you feel?
>>
>>923307
that is very strange. I will look into this further, but it has never happened to me even with a very rough cutter on steel. at most some deposited dust that gets wiped off.
>>
>>922883
Angle grinder sparks fuck the enamel p good, lad (can post pix if you like)
>>
>>926128
>thermal mass
The concept you should be thinking about here is temperature rather than thermal mass. Sparks can get well above the melting temperature of typical glass and ceramic glaze, so when such a spark hits a tile, it melts and fuses to the surface. That happens regardless of the thermal mass because contact melting is a surface rather than a volumetric process.
>>
There is no fix. It's as simple as that.

And for those saying sparks from an abrasive wheel saying they couldn't damage glass, they can. I've seen it happen. A college also had to replace £3000 worth of glass because he was cutting sheet metal with an angle grinder next to a glass wall.
>>
>>926388
This has been most informative great lucky dubs. As i important as knowing not to get degreaser on an alternator. Will keep in mind.
>>
>>926388
>>926404

Good lord my spelling in that was terrible.
>>
>>922755
HCL
>>
Acid would do it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.