[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Ifixit a serious good quality tools provider?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_110.jpg (6KB, 296x139px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_110.jpg
6KB, 296x139px
Hi, i learn alone to repair ( and i help friends) and i need to know if their tools are strong enough to repair a lot of years.

I would know if their economic "velleman VTSS5" is shit or can last a lot of time? (buying hakko or edsyn?)
>>
Is this a troll question? They're selling Chinese tat at inflated prices to rubes who don't know anything but want to become cool internet superstars. Anything they sell you can get cheaper elsewhere.

Also, what are you going to use it for and how much mileage do you expect out of it? It looks like one of those cheap adjustable, non-regulated irons.
>>
>>922727
I'm not a troll, reviews on youtube and sellerS sayed it was quality tools so i searched just answers. They give good instructables. So you think velleman is shit for professionnal repairs, ok man i notice your answer.
>>
>>922734
Velleman is best-known for electronics kits, it's all hobbyist stuff (they're also not the OEM). It might be OK for you, that's why I asked what you were going to use it for. Just don't expect the same performance as a Hakko/Weller/Ersa.
>>
thanks
>>
I bought a ifixdit 50 driver bit kit 2 weeks ago. I had a big discount on it. It is chinese crap, but not the worst I've seen : so it is possible to work with these tools if the screw are not too tight. They are not for every day use, more for occasional. It is true that the price is quite high for the quality.
The footprint of the bits are ok (not sure if footprint is the good word...) : I have real crap bit kits which does NOT fit the screws !
>>
>>923438
I have it too. For the price, I find it to be one of the best around. The driver already has a bit of wiggle in it, but the variety of bits made it well worth. Has been my go to for quite a while now.
The bits could be longer though, still have to go back to other drivers without switching head on occasion.
>>
File: 1447540639100.png (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447540639100.png
65KB, 640x480px
>>
>>923438
>>923441

I was about to make a thread on this but here goes:

Don't these all these bit kits have too much thickness where the shank holds the bits, rendering them useless for many situations?

BTW, there's a lot of bait and switch on Amazon for products like that, so if you ordered from there, it might be worth checking if it's genuine.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.