[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unviewable visible picture.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: problem.jpg (33KB, 392x313px) Image search: [Google]
problem.jpg
33KB, 392x313px
wanting to get a Picture off of my MS Windows 10 avatar picture for my log in.

the file appears to be (.accountpicture-ms)
which cant be converted or opened in anything other than windows explorer. But it's a picture? or two pictures in different formats I'v heard?

Im wanting to use the picture for a social media picture.

I ran into a post that may have an answer but OP just assumes you know what file stream is and that you know how to fluently code. I just want a fucking picture... why'd microsoft have to go and make it impossible?

Let's try and find a way to make this " picture " viewable in a .jpg format.
>>
>>922435
>open in Explorer
>screencap
>crop in Paint
>save as .jpg
Was that so difficult?
>>
>>922451
The Preview feature you see in windows explorer is a jpg,png,bmp, etc photo viewer, the file is none of those. You may see .jpg typed at the end, but that was my own edit trying to edit the extension to a jpg but as you can see by the files properties that it had no effect, yes I when into my folder settings and clicked the option to view file extensions in file name, thats what i tried to edit but only resulted in failure.

Not so easy is it?
>>
check your file associations.
>>
File: r.jpg (32KB, 465x488px) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
32KB, 465x488px
>>922506
file associations are irrelevant,
the file extension " .accountpicture-ms "
is two pictures at different resolutions which cant be identified by any known program. .accountpicture-ms is a file holding two .bmp images in one.
>>
>>922514
Open the file with HexEdit, find the points where the file headers split, copy-paste into a new file, save as .bmp
>>
>>922520
hey thanks, I'll give it a try
>>
File: d71c.jpg (195KB, 696x601px) Image search: [Google]
d71c.jpg
195KB, 696x601px
>>922520
gonna have to go semi retarded here.
I dont know how to use this program lol.
How do I identify where the splits are?

are the splits defined by color or cluster of characters?
>>
>>922530
no the colors here are black for a value that has a corresponding printable ascii character, green for line feed/carriage return and red for anything else. basically to help you see text embedded in files.

grouping is just to make it easy on the eye

typically a bitmap file starts with the values
42 4d which give the ascii characters BM in the right hand column

a bitmap header is a set size and layout and tells you where exactly the image data is within the file.
unfortunately if that is your file then it doesnt seem to contain a proper bitmap header

you can try and guess the data, if the file is a header and then two packed images then start from the bottom, a 24 bit per pixel image will use 3 bytes per pixel, a byte is represented by a 2 digit number here and shown in the row and column offsets. remember they are numbered as hex.
the rows will be padded if necessary so watch out for that.

if you can post the file i'm sure someone might have a crack at it for you
>>
Why not just display it and then screen capture it?
>>
>>922530
Just find the last JPEG header, and delete everything before it. Jpegs don't care if you leave crap hanging on the end of the file.

FF D8 FF xx xx xx J F I F
>>
>>922576
That would be lossy. Liberating the original bitstream is a better solution.
>>
File: d71host.jpg (54KB, 770x403px) Image search: [Google]
d71host.jpg
54KB, 770x403px
Holy Crap this is hard, I cant find it.

I uploaded the image to a site.
Someone wanna try would appreciate it.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=79261647434490929341
>>
>>922514
The file holds two jpgs, not bitmaps.

Open in your hex editor, youll see two jpg headers in the filestream. JFIF.

Find the second header and remove everything before it. Save the remainder of the stream as a new .jpg file
>>
File: d71.jpg (34KB, 448x448px) Image search: [Google]
d71.jpg
34KB, 448x448px
>>922618
>>
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=34367522022750698938
>>
>>922623
Also how to do it (using python):
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/e620e18e3ae261db03a7
>>
>>922618
Ahh, Thanks man, if my forehead wasnt already big enough id face palm. lol really appreciate it rock on \m/
>>
>>922625
nice and clean.
>>
Thanks to all that helped, I really appreciate it. Also an extra thanks, Learned a couple things \m/
>>
>>922625
You should trim the stream from the first one to remove the second jpg file's stream from the end
>>
>>923227
For JPEGs, the extra data is ignored, so it actually doesn't matter. The first one's just a thumbnail anyway.

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/87433e3f570aebf95013
>>
Did you try "print screen" + open paint + cntl + v
>>
>>923324
I'm well aware of the fact it's ignored. Im quite familiar with the jpeg format and its specifications. But if you want to be lazy and leave shit half-ass thats ok too, this is diy afterall.
>>
File: shiggy.webm (1MB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.webm
1MB, 600x600px
>>925261
Well, I did fix it for you in the second post. The first one was thrown together in about a minute and I did not quality check it until after I posted. It also had other glaring problems like not using p2, and using s.index 4 times instead of 2.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.