[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

clogged commercial drain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: Vs2kma9.jpg (49KB, 640x500px) Image search: [Google]
Vs2kma9.jpg
49KB, 640x500px
Any ideas how to get an old commercial drain open? I've tried both a 25' snake and hot water with no luck. It's in an old bar so there could be anything in there. I'm thinking it's food, broken glass and plastic straws are blocking the pipe. Pic unrelated.
>>
draino

also, depending on the pipe material, some strong acids could work
>>
like what an underground drain?
if its not underground you strip it down and clear it out.
if its underground you get a drain rod with a big rubber flappy disk on the end that fills the pipe then you pump it in and out of the drain acting like a kind of plunger but with a 2-3 ft stroke length. keep a hose running to wash the shit away. pump until it loosens out to travel further down and become someone elses problem.
>>
File: 300.jpg (55KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
55KB, 340x255px
>>921991
Would that work to clear out any plastic or glass that is stuck in there? It's an old building with metal pipes so I don't think strong acids would be a good idea.
>>921994
It's underneath the bar so it's in a pretty cramped space. Never seen one of those things in any hardware store either.
I'm considering getting something like pic related. Anyone have experience with them?
>>
>>921994
It's also basically underground. I don't think I can get to the piping without tearing up the floor.
>>
File: drainrod.jpg (15KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
drainrod.jpg
15KB, 390x390px
>>921995
a drain cleaning company will use something on the same principle as your picture except that they don't attach it to a hose they use a gas powered pressure washer type contraption that is very very high power and high pressure and actually works, i don't know what that will do.

pic related is for outside underground drains.

if you want to unblock a drain i would start with a plunger, the action should dislodge separate and move the blockage. keep some water running in between.
>>
>>921997
I'll see if I can get a plunger under the bar. There's not a lot of room to work under there.
>>
>>922000
the pipe is under the bar?
a sink is under the bar?
one of those drip tray things?
a drain in the floor are you talking about?
should be access hole outside somewhere for rodding drains.
>>
>>922006
Yes it's a drain a ceramic basin built into the floor. The water from the sink and ice containers pour into it from various pipes.
>>
>>922011

Everything is making much more sense the more info we get. This is why people need to spill the beans from the first post.
>>
>>922016
I thought I'd given enough info while keeping it to the point. What other information would be helpful?
>>
>>922023

Since it is built into the floor there is unlikely a "clean out" or a p-trap that you can remove to access a straight shot against the blockage.
>>
>>922023
ideally pictures.
if anything just because i am nosey.
>>
>>922029
I think you're right about that. Also, since I already tried to snake it, I know that the pipe seems to have some bends in it and the clog is more than 25' down.
>>
>>922033
No problem, I'm going there in a little while to continue working on this problem and do some other maintaine.
>>
File: 20151229_182945.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151229_182945.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>922033
Hopefully the pic doesn't go sideways but here is what I'm working with.
>>
>>922074
Shit, it went upside down instead.
>>
Roots in the line? Attack with lye?
>>
>>922086
There's not any large trees nearby so i don't think it could be roots.
>>
>>922074
Öch! It looks like a gaping anus with gonorhea!
>>
Get a continouous slow stream of hot water going down the drain to warm it up. Then follow with professional drain cleaning acid. Leave for a few hours. Flush with hot water then repeat with a caustic soda solution.
>>
It could be a collapsed pipe.
>>
Get yourself a nice, caustic acid drain opener and pour about 8oz in there, followed by hot water. I used to work at a movie theater with similar drains in our concessions and they'd often get clogged with popcorn and soda syrups.
>>
>>922494
>caustic acid

wat
>>
>>922512
i think he means caustic soda

which is not an acid, but a strong alkaline

which is what i would recommend too.
>>
>>921978
p, p, p put ya dick in it
>>
>>923017
I know what he meant, I was being a dick.

>Basic Acid
>>
>>922074
Well that.s a floor drain, so that pitches down to a larger diameter main drain at some point. Your best bet would be to get a disk plunger down there and try and see if you can't loosen up the blockage. Worst case scenario the block is further down the main drain, and could be encased in solid concrete. Cast Iron drain pipe tends to deteriorate on the inside, and after a while a form of this scale-type material builds up, facilitating blockages. PVC the way to go nowadays
>>
File: roody.jpg (493KB, 1594x897px) Image search: [Google]
roody.jpg
493KB, 1594x897px
I like the way im triggered by the OP pic.
saddens me no one has discussed it yet.
band saws are great tools.
>>
>>921978
3 patrs of hydrochloric acid
1 part of nitric acid
half part of hydrogen peroxide
>>
Unrelated, but I like the OP pic
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.