[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to find engineers that create cameras?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 3.jpg (563KB, 901x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
563KB, 901x1200px
I'm looking to start up my own company but I've been trying to find engineers that create camera and they are very hard to find.

I've been suggested to go to camera companies such as Canon or Nixon and ask but why would they give me their engineers?

Any other suggestions?
>>
>c-can I have your engineers, please?
>No.
..why? indeed.

>any other suggestions?
- suggest explaining, what you are trying to achieve? And if its Top Secret, Hush_HUsh, AboutToBePatented™, etc. - then, good luck, as your secret shall (most probably) die with you.
>>
>>915905
Got jokes eh.

Trying to create a 360 degree camera with multiple lens.
>>
>>915906
quite sure google has that down
>>
>>915900
>Canon or Nixon and ask but why would they give me their engineers?
>Nixon
Because you don't buy their engineers, but instead pay them to develop a custom camera for you.
>>
>>915916
True, thanks for the tip.
>>
>>915906
Like this?

http://www.spillard.com/solutions/vision/optronics/optronics360.html
>>
>>915925
Yep, you can also google Bublcam or CENTR.
>>
Interesting thread, I personally Im looking for ways to recreate a wet plate camera for civil war reenacting and I want some to build WW2 era cameras for recording sound and video.
>>
>>917154
>WW2 era camera
>video

Why build what you can buy? Look up "eyemo 35mm camera". With some rewinds, you can load your own film.
>then you can enjoy spending hundreds and thousands of dollars on developing and transferring motion picture film

Motion picture film cameras are also a little beyond the DIY realm... and they'll probably never be cheaper than they are now. Recently obsolete, but still too common to be treasured antiques.
>>
>>917154
>wet plate camera
Not difficult. Just a wood box, leather bellows, etc. The lens/shutter assembly is attached to a plate and most people acquire these seperately.

>WW2 era camera. A bit tricker if you want to handle roll film. Most of the 120 (medium format) advanced manually with a little window in tha camera back to line up numbers on the film roll. Anything more complex (35mm film advance) will require skills like a clock maker.
>>
As someone who just shot 35mm film last month,
I think film's death has been greatly exaggerated.
people will find ways to develop film without major labs.The subtle way film films capture light dark are like CD digital to LP analog. those who know ...know..
>>
>>920826
>The subtle way film films capture light dark are like CD digital to LP analog.
because analog is objectively inferior?
>>
>>918800
"Motion picture film cameras are also a little beyond the DIY realm... "

actually Im making a sync motor for a camera and a transfer Telecine using Arduino stuff ive gleaned from DIY
>>
>>920826
I'd love to put you hipster faggots in a double blinded test to see how you "know". As you are sure you would easily manage to spot the analog it would be a treat to listen to your stuttering while you fail miserably. Maybe take a few photos of you while you are crying. With digital. The human mind is a marvelous machine as your comment proves, the shit it will believe.
I used to work with a photographer who shot film and was telling how wonderful it is. Finally when he made the jump to digital he couldn't believe the difference. Just the fact that you don't need to fuck around with some velvia ASA 50, instead you can easily push the ISO to 1600 and still have clearer shots
Now tell me, 50 to 1600 how many EV is that and how does it translate to shutter speed?

Wankers gonna wank....
Source: unlike you I am a professional photographer (professional in the sense that every single penny I earn comes from customers that I sell photos to). Oh, but you are an artist!
>>
Are you fucking retarded? You have no new ideas and just want a company for reasons?

Contact an existing cheapshit camera company and ask about subcontracting work to them under your own brand name, then sell a lot of cheap cameras. You had better be very rich or this will go nowhere, and it will probably still go nowhere since the camera market is flooded and will stay that way.
>>
>>915900

you obviously goofed by not going to fuji first, they're broke af and will work for anybody
>>
You could hire engineers that no longer work at "Camera Company A, or defunct company B" and hire them for yourself. One advantage of doing this would to get highly skilled and experienced workers. Keep in mind though, they could very well be sworn to secrecy via contract.This would mean that they can't reveal designs or techniques used by their previous employer.
>>
Research colleges and universities that offer photography and engineering programs. After you find one you like, inquire about hiring some students.
>>
>>915900
I dont see how this is /diy/ related in any way...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.