[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /diy/, /fit/ here. Looking to build pic related in my back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: pull up dip station.png (255KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pull up dip station.png
255KB, 300x300px
Sup /diy/, /fit/ here.

Looking to build pic related in my back yard. Ive checked google and seen a bunch of different ground attachments for securing the posts but Im not sure which is the strongest or if I should even use them.

What Im trying to figure out is, because i'll be swinging around on this, what is the best method to secure this into the ground and have it completely solid without any movement?

Cement like pic related?
>>
>>1096749
1. Dig hole
2. Pour cement
3. Stick bars in
4. Let it dry
5. ???
6. Profit
>>
>>1096749
You know the round posts they use for small electrical poles?
I'd go to a lumber supplier that sells to the public to buy that. The key is burying it about 4-5 feet down for maximum stability, but less would work as long as you're using cement. Make sure you dig a decent radius, don't get lazy or cheap out. Keep your actual bar lengths as close together as you can without making it difficult to use, so as to avoid the bars bending over time.

If you don't want the bars to spin, drill your 1-1/2 or 2 inch holes for your bars, then cross drill those holes for some big bolts running perpendicular through the bars. Don't cheap out on those.

My gut says galvanized/black iron pipe would work, but visit home depot/Lowe's to see how strong it is.

If it meets your requirements, you can leave the threaded ends capped at the ends of the post to secure it and give it a finished look. I would make sure to go all the way through the posts.
>>
>>1096755
Also, you don't need 4-5 feet on all of them, just the taller support posts.
>>
>>1096755
Great, will look further into your advice, anon.

big thanks
>>
>>1096755

No. Just buy 1" cold rolled steel from a scrap yard. Swinging around on a hollow pipe is stupid and will surely fuck you up when it buckles
>>
>>1096749
LIGHTWEIGHT BABY
>>
>>1096749
>pic for ants
either secure the top to a nearby wall (like what you might see on a commercial gym) or replace the tallest columns with a triangle/pyramid shaped structure (so it doesnt move back and forth)
still, that would be a pain to used in the winter or the summer, but seems pretty nice for everything in between (no rain nor scorching hot sun)
gl, dont decapitate yourself
>t indoors diy cage owner
>>
>>1096753

Reverse 2 and 3 ...

Plenty of youtube videos to show up to put posts in the ground with quickcrete (or some other simple post setting concrete which needs no mixing). Just make sure to put a little mound around the posts so it doesn't sit in a puddle.

Instead of the vertical metal pipe you could double up on the 4 by 4 (or go 8 by 8).
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.