[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With marvel having thor introducing nordic mythology and dc having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: images-1.jpg (9KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
9KB, 191x264px
With marvel having thor introducing nordic mythology and dc having wonder woman and captain marvel introducing greco roman mythology
What kind of magic/mythology should valiant try to fit into its world?
>>
>>88483287
hindu
>>
The counterpoint to Greco-Roman and Nordic would either be British-Celtic (Marvel also has this though) or Slavic. So it should be Slavic. You could make an argument for Germano-Nordic being distinct from Nordic and a viable alternative though.

Fun outsider option: Finnish

This is sticking to Europe because the two you mentioned are European, but obviously if you go outside that you have thousands of options.
>>
File: ah-puch.png (222KB, 388x512px) Image search: [Google]
ah-puch.png
222KB, 388x512px
>>88483287
Meso-american
>>
>>88483287
Japanese shinto.
>>
>>88483296
While hindu mythology is cool you run the same problems with other still practicing religions where its hard to not sound preachy, critical, insensitive or run into other problems.
>>
>>88483343
I know rai is about Japan in the future so maybe they will have some of that in the future
>>
>>88483337
They should combine mesoamerican with native/inuit and aboriginal/Polynesian.
>>
Egyptian
There is a little bit in both Marvel and DC but it's not very prominent.
>>
>>88483287
I thought they did Voodoo with the Shadow Man
>>
>>88483309
Slavic would be great if there was a single coherent story from those days preserved.
>>
File: riding.png (170KB, 240x247px) Image search: [Google]
riding.png
170KB, 240x247px
>>88483287
Marvel has Norse (Thor an them), Greco-Roman (Hercules an them), and Celtic (Captain Britain's whole deal) mythologies, at least. DC (so far as I know) only Greco-Roman, and maybe Chinese (I know China has a superteam, but I don't know if it's based on their mythology, or some of it, or none of it). Both also use Judeo-Christian stuff, having featured various angels and devils over time. It's also the case that all of that shit is public domain, so everyone can do anything, and there could even be a books solely about the champions of various deities and pantheons getting in punch-ups to decide which old-time religion gets to come back to modern day.
>>
File: BullyWizard.jpg (230KB, 435x571px) Image search: [Google]
BullyWizard.jpg
230KB, 435x571px
>>88483287
>>88484935
In fact, even MtG has had sets based on various mythologies, from norse to greek to japanese to that horror movie set they did a couple of years ago. They've changed it enough to avoid an outright copy, but the influences are there.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.