[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw there will never be an x-23 movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 14

>>
>>79847650
She could be in an X-Force movie if it ever gets made.
>>
>>79847650
They have the perfect opportunity with Huge Ackman wanting out of the Wolverine role for them to segue into X-23 as the new Wolverine.
>>
>>79847650
Good
>>
>>79848098
Well there are movie that laid the groundwork for X-23 and Daken story. Really hope that Fox are able to give them proper stories instead of gay bastard and hooker clone
>>
>>79850208

daken is a good char

charismatic as fuck and would work fine on a tv series

x23 is bland and pointless and would be good for a mindless action caper movie
>>
File: 1411569169367.jpg (175KB, 791x857px) Image search: [Google]
1411569169367.jpg
175KB, 791x857px
I was kinda hoping we would see a hint of X-23 being created in the same place Deadpool got his powers in his movie. Oh well, just gotta hope for X-Force.
>>
>>79850396
>Daken
>good
He's a boring sociopath with daddy issues.
>>
>>79850548
Daken is definitely not boring.
>>
>>79847650
They can't make a good solo Wolverine movie, why would they be able to a good X-23 movie?
>>
>>79850466
Maybe
>Origins-X3 aren't canon anymore. >Wolverine has his admantium claws. >Mystique was Striker.
It could very well happen.
>>
>>79850623
No, he most definitely is. Not even that anon, but you're probably the first person I've ever seen that said they liked him. Most people are just glad he's gone.
>>
>>79850667
Daken wasn't unpopular on /co/ when he was around. I think you can like him or dislike him, obviously, but boring is a hard call. As a character he is motivated by what he enjoys, what he finds fun, and any character with a hedonistic perspective is easy to move into entertaining situations. And he's so manipulative of other people that any situation he's in long-term will go haywire, which is (hopefully) the opposite of boring.

He was pretty shitty in Dark Avengers or w/e, but as a character he has plenty of potential. Tapping into Midnighter vibes in some ways, but obviously much more self-interested.

Mind you X-23 had potential at one point too.
>>
>>79850743
Sick blog post bro
>>
>>79850667
most people also say way's deadpool is the best deadpool and that avx was super fun

/co/ isnt most people tho. you can have your opinion but daken was way more interesting as an antihero than x23 or most other new chars
>>
>>79847650
Thank goodness
>>
>you will never be Wingbat and X-23 will never be real for you to stick it in her poopchute
Why even live?
>>
>>79851155
Who the hell is wing bat?
>>
>>79850802
That's the definition of being a boring sociopath.
>>79850834
Daken is not interesting at all. He only had two personality traits: being a whiny shit and being an annoying smug manipulative cunt.
And it's funny you bring up Way when it was him who created Daken.
>>
File: Casual Laura.jpg (68KB, 474x720px) Image search: [Google]
Casual Laura.jpg
68KB, 474x720px
>Crusty will never run another Homeless Mutant Quest thread.
>>
>>79851196
fanfic. i think x23 has remained unfucked after she stopped being a child prostitute. unless she did fuck hellion. i dont remember

>>79851224
character flaws are what enables a character to be interesting. annoying doesnt mean boring, even if you dont like him, he is interesting because even there are so many reasons why he can and should fail, a good writer can spin a story that makes you root for him even if you shouldnt. this is the exact opposite of mary sues, who are boring because there is no situation they cant prevail on, there is nothing to redeem in them.
>>
>>79851196
Some guy who has X-23 as his waifu and has autistically commissioned damn near very smut artist online to draw lewd pictures of him and his OC fucking each other.
>>
>>79851547
she's currently fucking Archangel.
>>
>>79851547
>character flaws
Do not inherently make a character interesting. Which is the case with Daken.
> annoying doesnt mean boring
No, he's pretty fucking boring on his own. Him being annoying is just another proof for why he's a shit character.
>he is interesting
He's not.
I repeat, he's a one-dimensional bland sociopath with daddy issues. He's dull as fuck and barely a step-up from Sabretooth.
>>
>>79851582
Is that the guy who had to build a website to organize his X-23 commissions?
>>
>>79852043
>bland
>sociopath and daddy issues

pick one. bland means he is a blank slate for whatever writer to do what he wants.

sociopathy and daddy issues mean opportunity for interesting char interactions and soapy drama
>>
>>79852253
Yeah, that's the one.
>>
>youll never have a mmf 3some with laura and daken

why live
>>
Which tiny actress would play her though?

Selena Gomez as X-23
>>
File: 690.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
690.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>
>>79847650
Good she is an awful character.
>>
>>79853508
>wolverine clone
>hispanic and puffy
>>
File: kristen-stewart-net-worth1.jpg (43KB, 474x650px) Image search: [Google]
kristen-stewart-net-worth1.jpg
43KB, 474x650px
>>79853508

needs to be her imo
>>
File: X-23.png (340KB, 552x440px) Image search: [Google]
X-23.png
340KB, 552x440px
>>79853637
Hispanic how uncanon
>>
>>79853959
how is a clone of a canadian white man hispanic tho?
>>
>>79854096
improvised dna
>>
>>79847650
It's fox. They'll put toad in his own x-men origins story before they have actual xmen.
>>
I'm still fleshing out a story centered around X-23, Wild Child, and Daken, with a large side of Jubilee to lighten up the dark subject matter. I could really use any feedback or suggestions you guys might have. If I can get my head around page layouts and such, I just might pitch this thing as a maxi series with possible ongoing spin-off to Marvel... otherwise I can at least eventually offer you guys a really well developed fan fiction with a bit of illustration because at least it's practice. The central plot is going to involve a cabal of scientists who've been involved in human experimentation that has touched the lives of many Marvel characters, and the various reasons these characters have for seeking these scientists out.

The concept is centered around a theme of identity crisis and the specter of Wolverine that hangs over these characters' pasts. He shaped how they see themselves and how they became the kinds of people they've become/tried to become. I'd handle Laura as someone who's been going through the motions of trying to become a 'well adjusted' person through imitation of the people around her and through trying to live up to their expectations. On the inside she'd be someone who is very calculating and methodical, who has trouble connecting with her true feelings because of her deeply ingrained fear of fragility, yet a part of her knows that she will never be whole unless she faces that fear and drops this charade.
>>
>>79859564
Wild Child has long had this constantly shifting identity and appearance that he struggles with, and unlike her he has always worn his heart on his sleeve. He's vicious and twisted like Sabertooth, but unlike Sabertooth Kyle is this wounded creature who's just been so badly used and abused. He has wonderful qualities of loyalty, good humor, and compassion, but they often fall by the wayside in favor of his need for violence, and his masochistic tenancies. It's far too easy for him to let someone else take control and shape him into whatever form serves their purpose. He'll have a deep sense of self loathing as he tries to piece back together who he really is since Romulus disappeared from his life.

When they meet he'll be a catalyst for her to start re-thinking who and what she is in relation to others, as she tries to figure out what she wants to do about him. She's not sure whether to condemn him for his history of villainy or try to help him with his desire to be better than that. Ultimately neither of them could kill each other even if they wanted to, so it will be this very odd friendship that her X-Men companions won't know about, as she tries to keep him out of trouble.
>>
>>79859576
Daken no longer has a healing factor if I understand right, and no longer truly hates Wolverine, so he's this very charismatic and sadistic person who used to be like a demigod, but is experiencing the human condition and real vulnerability for the first time and not enjoying it at all. He has no reason to live anymore, but no desire to die, so he'll kind of fall into orbit with X-23 and Wild Child because Laura is the closest thing he has to family and Kyle in a way is very much like him and will have connections to him from when they served Romulus. He'll start off very hostile towards Kyle, but that is going to change as they all interact. No one wants to be so truly alone, and Wild Child will be both too straight forward and to unafraid of Daken's volatility. He'll wear down Daken's defenses out of a desire to please Laura, who wants Daken to be her brother. It's really going to come down to a very twisted relationship between the two feral men, fueled by Kyle's innate need to serve others.

Wildchild's unstable mutations will have left him needing injections of a serum that suppresses the gene splicing that was done to him, allowing him to keep both a more normal appearance and clearer calmer mind. His augmented healing factor however causes his system to purge it's self of the serum faster and faster, as his body recognizes it as a foreign substance. When he's injured this stimulates his healing factor causing him to monstrously mutate at an alarming rate. With Romulus gone, he has no source of this serum, and has been rationing the remaining stock pile. The others will believe he is looking for a cure for his mutations, but in truth he's looking for a cure to his augmented healing factor, as he's taken the time to reflect on his life and has decided the only dignity he can possibly have is in death. It will be his chance to finally decide his own fate, and prevent others from ever using him again.
>>
>>79859600
Daken will very predictably be seeking augmentation to restore his healing factor. He's going to be in denial about his true feelings about his meaningless life, trying to maintain his sense of who he is, but the cruelty and excess is going to ring hollow and what he does not want to admit is that he regrets that he has never had true companionship. He will make up excuses to not be alone, which will lead to Wild Child becoming his companion at one point in the story. Kyle is someone who will welcome the familiar abuse if it means getting close to someone. They are both going to distance themselves from Laura as much as they are drawn to her at that point, because they both feel they are too wretched to be a part of her world, essentially wanting to protect her from themselves.

Laura will have the very altruistic and simple goal of stopping these scientists from continuing to escape justice. She will struggle with her feelings for Daken and Wild Child, and the worry that they might be on opposite sides when their quarry is found. She wants desperately to help them both heal their wounds, so to speak, and will doubt that she can, as she fears she will never heal her own trauma, the depth of which she's only begun to comprehend. She will forge a path forward rather stoicly, trying to convince herself that in the end she must simply do what must be done. It will not end up being so simple, however, and in the end I intend for her to give up on trying to be Wolverine, accepting herself as an individual.
>>
>>79859614
Jubilee will come into all this when she seeks out Laura, claiming that she misses her friend and wants to just go for a visit, leaving the baby to the care of her house mates. In truth without Wolverine sending her blood the symptoms of her vampirism are worsening and she fears she'll harm the child and her friends. She hates the idea of drinking Laura's blood, or anyone's for that matter, because she can't deny seeing other people as food when she does that. She thinks she might never go back because she fears she really is a monster. She's hoping that with Laura's blood calming her vampiric nature and a feral friend to fill Wolverine's shoes, that she'll get her head on straight again and everything will be ok. She ends up really worrying about Laura's own out of character behavior and when she realizes that Laura feels pushed to 'be Wolverine' Jubilee will feel guilty for being part of that. Jubilee will over compensate for that, becoming a bit of a clingy and over protective best friend, and ending up being the only X-Man who knows that Laura is in contact with Wild Child and Daken. She's going to do her darnedest to interfere, and hijinks and feels will ensue.

The subject matter is very dark and it will be a bloody series, but there will be a lot of heart, character development all around, and Jubilee and Wild Child both have a great sense of warmth and good natured humor which will inject levity into the book. Even Laura will have some dark humor, and of course Daken has his provocative jack ass sense of humor. I intend to make the reader laugh as often as I make them cry, if I can pull it off.
>>
>>79853874
As much as I hate that actress I can see the resemblance. It could only work if Laura undergoes no character development and has no depth in the story. Like if she's a background character in a team movie. Stewart can't really act to save her life.
>>
>>79853211
Agreed.

I wanted to hate these characters when they first debuted because the market was already so over saturated with Wolverine. But taken on their own years later I started to realize how much potential they have. It's true that there's really no such thing as bad characters, only bad writers, and I tend to fall in love with characters who have untapped potential. It's why I got so stuck on the character Wild Child for example. Another character who's been so poorly used and inconsistently characterized. At some point the mess that is a character's back story becomes an exciting puzzle to be solved as well. What so many see as off putting and flawed can actually be a great starting point, because these flaws can be built into something beautiful with a bit of character development.
>>
>>79851505
Oh did he finish or give up?
I stopped reading when the archives died.
>>
>>79851505
What was this? What did I miss out on while I was away?
>>
>>79851505
what?
>>
>>79853874
You are wrong. This is she.
>>
>>79864176
Yuck
>>
File: smile.jpg (103KB, 672x444px) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
103KB, 672x444px
>>79847650
I know exactly what you mean.
>>
>>79847650
emo overload
kids would literally think slashing their wrists is cool
>>
>>79864855
Ugh, mom, that is SO turn of the century.
>>
File: X23TargetX6-007.jpg (340KB, 1097x1600px) Image search: [Google]
X23TargetX6-007.jpg
340KB, 1097x1600px
>>79848098
Man, I've been saying this since Hugh did that whole, "one last time" campaign. They could say his DNA was stolen from his battles in Japan.

It's a perfect ending for Wolverine and Fox gets to have another claw character for 5-10 years with recasting Wolverine.

But you know, Fox doesn't like to plan shit and then wonders why they can't establish a proper movie universe.
>>
File: 76684291435.jpg (124KB, 1536x1037px) Image search: [Google]
76684291435.jpg
124KB, 1536x1037px
>>79853508
>>
>>79865084
that be actually not bad

she already played a qt psychopath in Stoker and has that "just raped by several men" look in her face constantly
>>
>>79865084
With her hair dyed black and straightened I could see it, good pick.
>>
File: 1427773767738.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1427773767738.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>79865084
Good Choice
>>
>>79859564
>>79859576
>>79859600
>>79859614
>>79859623
I didn't read a single word but I feel like at least your efforts should be acknowledged. You obviously put some thought into this, no matter what "this" is. Hopefully someone else will read it and give a better review of your posts.
>>
>>79865084
Yeah this would work.
>>
>>79864204
Yes, the beautiful, fit young girl is yuck. Would you be more interested in a joyless, talentless chin monster with no breasts, sir? Of course you would.
>>
>>79869024
>Yes, the beautiful, fit young girl is yuck.
she has a dogface
>>
File: !d.jpg (112KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
!d.jpg
112KB, 500x647px
>>
Easy mode. Introduce Sinister. Daken's story would be the same. Being ripped out of his mother's womb and him being a mutant from birth. It's rare but it happens. As for Laura it can be that a weapon x offshoot contacted sinister to help them after they got damaged DNA from wolverine. Sinister did his stuff and they got a female. In return the offshoot has to turn over any samples of Summers and Grey DNA they have.
>>
File: Madelyne_Pryor_clones.png (959KB, 919x531px) Image search: [Google]
Madelyne_Pryor_clones.png
959KB, 919x531px
>>79869613
Sinister just has a LAB of mutant expirements Cable, X-23, Madelyn
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.