[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Literally everyone who has touched her is capable of writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

>Literally everyone who has touched her is capable of writing Kamala well

Can't wait for Wilson to be moved off Ms Marvel, she's holding the character back
>>
>>79834799
>>Literally everyone who has touched her is capable of writing Kamala well
We'll see if that's true once Bendis gets a hold of her.
>>
>>79834799
What are you talking about? Wilson has been doing great with Kamala.
>>
>>79834915
Bendis?
>>
>>79834941
Yes but evidence indicated that anyone could do just as well or better, she's an easy character to write it seems
>>
>>79834799
>Literally everyone who has touched her is capable of writing Kamala well
You really proved that by posting one page by one writer where he didn't characterize her as MUH JERSY.
>>
>>79834915
well, Bendis does write everyone like a quirky teen

>>79834998
Her part in Gwenpool was good too
>>
>>79834799

Kamala writes erotic friend fiction?
>>
File: eztimmqhiewiuk9eusod.png (1MB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
eztimmqhiewiuk9eusod.png
1MB, 800x733px
>>79835017
Here the better one
>>
>>79835017
Aamir needs a punch to the mouth sometimes.
>>
>>79835017
I approve of this woman's opinion on pizza.
>>
>>79834915
Keep your sick rape fantasies to yourself.
>>
>>79834915
Worse than Bendis. Millar.
>>
>>79835069
did spiderman just steal their presents?!
>>
>>79835017
>Her part in Gwenpool was good too
It was OKAY but not better than Wilson, she could have been Jewish and the story would be the same.
>>
>>79835017
> Sometimes, Aamir, a tree is just a tree. Not unlike how a job is a job. But I don't expect you to understand that.

Is he one of the best Marvel dads?
>>
>>79835631
Yeah.
>>
>>79835323
>she could have been Jewish and the story would be the same.

You would prefer ever story of hers to be just saying "BTW I'm Muslim" over and over again? Because that's dumb.

It would be like having a gay superhero screaming "I FUCK MEN" every time he dove into battle.
>>
>>79835779

The muslim thing would be dumb.

The I FUCK MEN thing would be hilarious.
>>
>>79835779
I think he's saying that it wasn't anything special, and when the story did revolve around her being Muslim, it really just focused on not being Christian.
>>
>>79835887
HORSECOCK!
>>
>>79834799
Wait who did the Jugernaut kiss?
>>
>>79836360
Carol dressed up as Thor.
But she went for Cap and never looked back.
>>
>>79835076
And he dads delivers a verbal punch that always hits
>>
>>79836400
Well, now he's got himself a wife to throw the book at him.
Yussuf got outsourced.
>>
>>79835017
Hope Aamir gets a backup strip or something

Him searching for a job or his NEET adventures
>>
>>79835779
Yeah pretty much what >>79835898 said. It was really just your typical "Oh I don't celebrate Christmas on Christmas!" story, complete with "We eat fast food instead of having Christmas dinner".

If Wilson wrote it there would be, I don't know, probably a completely different story. Maybe a throwaway mention of Isa somewhere instead of a straight up "Oh it's Christmas but we're not Christians" like every single other story, I don't know. It'd feel more real in any case.

I guess what I'm getting at is, if Kamala was Jewish, the story of her interactions with the rogue Inhumans would be different, because it was drawing on specific parallels with Islam. But if Kamala was Jewish, you wouldn't even have to change any of the words and the Christmas story would be the same.
>>
>>79834978
Let me see:
>Mark Waid, multiple eisner award winning writer, creator of Impulse
>Dan Slott, writer whom people liked when he was working on C-listers and started to suck when he went to write Spider-Man
Sure it's everyone.
Wait until hack like Hopeless, who has no goddam fucking idea how to write teenagers, women or anything (as both Avengers Arena/undercover and All-new X-men prove. I mean Laura saying "BRB"? Teenagers in real life don't even talk like that!), you will see how horrible she can be in bad hands.
>>
>>79835779
>It would be like having a gay superhero screaming "I FUCK MEN" every time he dove into battle.
Have you seen how they write gay superheroes?
>>
>>79838084
>teenagers irl don't talk like that.
High school teacher here. They really do.
>>
>>79838132
That's kinda like what Billy/Teddy were doing in Young Avengers
>>
>>79838874
Really?
Show me a page, that sounds funny.
>>
>>79834977
I don't know any Bendis.
>>
>>79835241
Well, I mean it's Black Spider-Man, so...
>>
>>79838974
I just meant they'd mention multiple times in a single issue awkwardly that they were in a relationship
>>
>>79837522
>"We eat fast food instead of having Christmas dinner".
I thought that was just what Americans do.
>>
>>79839213
Even Americans generally don't eat fast food when they party with friends and family.
>>
>>79835779

I'd prefer if a Muslim OR Jewish superhero character's book didn't have to teach us their very special words for thinks, for the sake of 'enlightenment'. I wouldn't want a Captain America book to teach me about, as a topical example, eaxactly why Valentine was a saint, either. You can have a story where Ms,M is hungry because it's Ramadan without having to EXPLAIN why that would have her hungry during the day. If I want to know that, I'll look it up.
>>
>>79840760
Well, comics are written by people who have not grown up with google searches on their fingertips.
And read by kids who don't think to look these things up.
>>
>>79835196
To show how CRAZY EVIL the new villain he's introducing is, he has them rape Nakia and kill off Kamala's family.
>>
>>79839184
Was it the first issue? Sounds like exposition to me.
>>
>>79841662
And that is the point where Sana Amanat declares jihad on the infidel who dared.
>>
>>79841662
>Rape nakia
Is it me or is Nakia definitely built for sexual?
>>
>>79841460

If they don't think to, then they're not interested.
>>
File: 1447634997490.png (516KB, 540x596px) Image search: [Google]
1447634997490.png
516KB, 540x596px
>>79841834
Nakia is certainly for squishy.
But only for muff.
>>
>>79840760
>You can have a story where Ms,M is hungry because it's Ramadan without having to EXPLAIN why that would have her hungry during the day.
No that's just not informing the audience.

I get what you're trying to say but if you know for a fact that your target audience doesn't know what Ramadan is it's bad storytelling to just go, "Welp it's their job to research all the elements of my story" instead of delivering information in the narrative like you're supposed to.
>>
Shame Alphona is the only one who draws her with a character and not in generic manner.
>>
>>79835196
Or Miller.
>>
>>79841994
>GM-Os
Cute.
>>
>>79841984
Theres a fine line though. You can't have lengthy bits of exposition. And you cant pull a Final Fantasy 13 and give the readers a massive fucking glossary. At the same time you can't just leave the readers in the dark and not explain anything.
>>
>>79843224
Well, there are problems any way you do it.
Exposition nothing and you need half an issue to explain even basic concepts of culture or science within the narrative.
Explain it all in text and you look lazy.
Make characters do exposition talk and you look like a hack.
Leave shit unexplained and half your readers might be completely baffled, some possibly frustrated enough to drop the book.

MM is doing just fine with little translation notes and easily grasped concepts.
I bet the wedding will be full of them.
>>
>>79841834
well she wears the scarf for "modesty" which means she's always thinking of sexual and always selfconscious of how FOR SEXUAL she is.
She's kind of a slut frankly.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.