[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I support a single Spider-Man, that marriage was the big

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: brevoortspider-man.png (28KB, 877x471px) Image search: [Google]
brevoortspider-man.png
28KB, 877x471px
>I support a single Spider-Man, that marriage was the biggest mistake in the character’s history.

I agree with Brevoort on this

http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/post/139210251238/what-is-your-opinion-on-the-spider-man-marriage
>>
>>79831334
I really don't understand why editors and shit hated that so much. The only thing I can think of is that most of them waifu'd Gwen and when she died MJ became public enemy number one.
>>
While this is probably his honest opinion, a part of me can't help but think he's saying it just to get people riled up, or he at least likes the thought of his opinion getting people angry.
>>
>>79831459

Or maybe they felt that having to write a male hero and have him interact with other females without inherent sexual tension was too hard.
>>
>>79831334
They were the best comic book couple of all time, even better than Lois and Clark but ok, biggest mistake, sure...

Best Peter was also married Peter but whatever
>>
and this is why peter parker will always be a shell of the character he once was.

a character built on change and progress is held back from growing old, with creators making him a big manchild who fucks some asian lady who is just irresistibly attracted to him because of pheromones.
>>
>>79831515
That is what he generally seems to enjoy doing, making people angry is like a norm for him.
>>
>>79831459
meh I just prefer single Peter tb-h
>>
File: 008f1906b192d0806397c55c71e8011e.gif (680KB, 1440x998px) Image search: [Google]
008f1906b192d0806397c55c71e8011e.gif
680KB, 1440x998px
And so Stan Lee still knows better.
>>
>>79831595
Do you even read comics? They haven't done any of that shit ever since spider-verse ended.
>>
Mary Jane sucks shit

literally can't even think of a single good moment featuring that character
>>
>>79831334
making Spider-Man rich was the biggest mistake ever

breaking up the marriage in the most hacky way possible was 2nd, they should have gotten a divorce or just killed off MJ and spent 2008 doing a years worth of mopey Spider-Man books.
>>
>>79833135
But he is still fucking an asian lady, just a different one now.
>>
>>79833463
He is literally fucking no one right now.

He fired Sajani
Maria's not asian, and not interested
His Chinese mechanic isn't interested in him and would rather be stabbing him in the back for her mom
Silk is living her own life
Watanabe hasn't show up once ever since the reboot

So which "fucking an asian lady" are you talking about?
>>
>>79831459
They hate it because it actually makes Spider-Man grow up as a character and shows progression. You can't sell as much as the status quo.
>>
I'm okay with single Peter, I just hate the way it was done. You can make him single again with out stepping back as a character like he did with One More Day. Make him get a divorce. It's a reality many readers, really all readers are touched with in some way and Peter Parker is a very good vehicle to explore that area. I wish they'd had a kid that stuck, because Peter Parker is at his best when he's balancing a razor's edge between the Spider-Man identity and Peter Parker. He would absolutely fail to balance a work life, a married life, and a superhero life and he wouldn't give any up so Mary Jane gives him up.

Then we'd get the show Louie but for a superhero and I really like the idea of that.
>>
>>79831459
Because for the entire fanbase of a superhero to consider them getting married and having kids as the most sensible 'character development' is inherently sad. Sad that people self-insert into the character that much, and sad that they think it will magically make the character better.
>>
>>79831521
That's on them then. If you can't think of anything interesting to do with a hero's love life that's not "who will he date" then you're a shit writer.
>>
>>79831334
Having more than one Spider-person was a mistake I think we can all agree on. I support a single Spiderman.
>>
>>79833632
It's ironic because what made the Ditko run work was that it showed progression, even though people keep citing Stan Lee and "the illusion of change."
>>
Because Brevoort doesn't read comics. Spidey is supposed to be an everyman. His personality evolves unlike many comic book characters. That's what makes Spidey special.
>>
>>79831515
He openly admitted that angry readers will lead to more sales. The smug piece of shit knows full well what he's doing.
>>
>>79833956
>writers in the realize in the 80s that they can't change so much as a costume for more than a year without Peterfags start throwing bitchfits
>start making a different not-Peter every couple of years til now just so they can do Spider-Man stories without dealing with Peterfag editorials and 'not MUHs'
>>
>>79833578
The chinese mechanic. In the first issue she calls him Peter and says that they are very close. Then they share a romantic meal on the roof of their headquarters. He might be getting that ass, because said ass is desperate to help her mommy, but he is getting it nontheless.
>>
File: 1400523149795.gif (511KB, 245x145px) Image search: [Google]
1400523149795.gif
511KB, 245x145px
>>79834075
>His personality evolves unlike many comic book characters
>>
>>79834143
>He might be getting that ass, because said ass is desperate to help her mommy, but he is getting it nontheless.

He isn't though. The girl practically says "My mom > Peter" in the most recent issue.
>>
>>79833805
>Make him get a divorce. It's a reality many readers, really all readers are touched with in some way and Peter Parker is a very good vehicle to explore that area.
Young people don't get a divorce. Divorced Peter would age the character even more than giving him a family of 3 kids and a dog. A magical retcon is understandable, but not under the circumstances of making a deal with the fucking devil. That remains the single dumbest editorial decision ever made.
>>
>>79834189
"My mom > Peter"
doesn't contradict
"He might be getting that ass, because said ass is desperate to help her mommy, but he is getting it nontheless."
tho.
>>
>>79834143
You can't even remember her name also she is willing to kill Peter to save her mother, how romantic.
>>
>>79834269
You haven't mentioned her by name as well.
But Lian Tang, there, happy now?

Also fucking doesn't have to be romantic.
>>
Not suprised, Quesada had a shitty marriage that ended in an ugly divorce and the guy reflected everything that happened to him on the comics he edited "I got divorced! Spider-Man gets divorced!" "My dad died of cancer! No one can smoke on a Marvel comic ever again!" Then there's Dan Slott who is a beta single faggot and lives his dream fantasies through Peter and by the way he writes Peter's relationships and love interests you can tell he has never been with a woman.

Brevoort granted is married and I am surprised someone would marry his fedora ass

https://youtu.be/wsT_3J04jyo

The guy has to supports everything the EiC does and at this point he won't say Peter and MJ's marriage was great he is going to support Quesada's decision, and I say because he used to say he liked the marriage before theu got broken up.

The marriage wasn't a bad or a good thing for the character, it was just a thing and he did manage to have a lot of good stories while married, the decision to divorce him was just Quesada having a mid-life crisis and being bitter about his own failed marriage and nothing more.
>>
>>79834888
>Quesada had a shitty marriage that ended in an ugly divorce

Source?
>>
>>79833805
>One More Day
DON'T MENTION THE WAR
>>
>>79834269
Yeah she's not a memorable character, a lot of Peter's new romantic interests are shit.
>>
>Gee what can we do to make Spidey more relateable to people?
>I know! Let's have him sell his marriage and the soul of his unborn daughter to the devil! Everyone will love that!

I still don't understand why they felt the need to elaborate that last part in the original story.
>>
>>79831515
>a part of me can't help but think he's saying it just to get people riled up
So, Marvel marketing strategy 101?
>>
>>79834269
I think that says more of the quality of Slott's writing not being memorable or good for that matter.
>>
>>79835097
They were already deleting decades of comics to make way for the "exciting new future". Twisting the knife.
>>
>>79835313
A chink, a nip, a dwarf.
Good thing Spider-man is able to date again.
Coming soon: Spider-man has to date several emissaries from Wundagore! Daily Life with Monster Girls, Spider-man version!
>>
>>79835444
>Coming soon: Spider-man has to date several emissaries from Wundagore! Daily Life with Monster Girls, Spider-man version!

I'd read it just as long as Slott isn't involved.
>>
Ugh, WB thinks that every movie they make needs to be an epic, a repeat of the dark night. But it hurts them so much. They proven themselves not able to keep consistent quality in massive blockbuster. epic, budget movies.

Deadpool movie just did what deadpool does and is shattering records. Why can't WB learn from this?
>>
>>79831334
Why you hating on love bruh?
>>
>>79835097
Their original plan was to get rid of the marriage by having Mephisto go back in time and cause Peter to get Harry some help with his drug problem (and in turn prevented Sins Past and in turn prevent Norman Osborn and Gwen and Harry from dying).

A whole lot of people at Marvel objected to bringing back Gwen so they only brought back Harry.

At first they tried to hint that Harry's return was due to OMD (and even had Mary Jane reading Goethe's Faust) but then they quitely backpedaled and tried hard not to reference OMD while doing their usual fake tough-guy personas toward fans complaining about the stupid move.
>>
>>79835537

>Why can't WB learn from this?

Nolan movies were popular.
>>
>>79835650
Everything you need to know about Marvel choices you can find in The Life of Reilly.
There's even that one special comic about how they chose to end the Clone Saga.
Both of them had the bare bones OMD idea.
>>
>>79831334
Bunch of middle aged hacks have a midlife crisis and want Spider-Man to be single again. I miss reading Spider-Man titles, but I consider One More Day to be the series finale. That shit that has happened since is not the real Spider-Man.
>>
>>79835833
Yeah and at one point Byrne and Mackie had the idea that things go completely bad for Spider-Man that he would give his soul for everything to be fixed, and then the Shaper of Worlds shows up and reverts Spider-Man's life back to his high school days.

They wisely decided that was a bad idea.
>>
How many big name heroes are married and haven't had their spouses die or get a divorce?
>>
>>79836075
Reed Richards? Though he almost got a divorce in the 1970's.
>>
>>79836075
At this rate, I'd say none of them. Fucking hack manchildren writers with their midlife crises.
>>
>>79836075
I miss the Dibnys.
>>
>>79834927
I dunno about him having a bad marriage but in an old interview with him post-OMD he vaguely mentions not having a good experience with his divorce and cites it as a reason as to why he didn’t want Peter and MJ getting a divorce because to him it meant that their marriage failed so he rather had them do the deal with Mephisto.

I know at some point he got married again to a comic book editor named Nanci Dakesian.

But he was single for awhile and partied a lot with other Marvel staff so much that Gail Simone once refered to Marvel as a frat house, there is also a photo with him and a stripper mid lap dance but I am not risking posting it here.
>>
>>79835537
Deadpool is literally a parody of the serious, "Dark Knight style" DC character, Deathstroke. The DC movies are "epic" because the comics are that way, and Deadpool is wacky because he was conceived as making fun of those "epics."

Why can't casuals understand this shit? You don't get people on /a/ asking why Dragon Ball Z or Hunter x Hunter can't be more like One Punch Man or BoBoBo.
>>
>>79836075
What makes a big name exactly. Reed Richards isn't a big name because it's not the 60s anymore...

I think the only one is Deadpool. Luke Cage soon after he gets his series.
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 828x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 828x800px
>>79835495
Same.
>>
Forget the pro/anti marriage crap. Instead, debate exactly how much of a shitbag Brevoort is.
>>
>>79831595
The FF had progression too, especially in the classic run, as did Thor to a lesser extent.

They could have killed MJ or had them get a divorce. That would have forced some progression. Or brought Gwen's Clone back into the picture, or any number of things.
Anything would have been better than what they did.
>>
What's weird to me is, especially in the JMS run, you could say that Peter was a better person for the marriage. He took his responsibilities seriously, because he was forced to. I just don't get why Marvel hates this so much
>>
>>79838037
It's so weird to read modern Brevoort after all the lovingly done Avengers and Thunderbolts footnotes.
>>
>>79839961

Never having read much of those, to me he's only the passiv/agressive, shit-stirring company yes man.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.