[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really hat JMS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: 1455375085423.png (1MB, 866x659px) Image search: [Google]
1455375085423.png
1MB, 866x659px
I really hat JMS
>>
>>79829988
What does that mean exactly? You want to put a hat on his head?
Or are you just really dumb?
>>
>>79829988
You should hate editorial because of OMD. Back in Black was fucking GOAT.
>>
File: ASM500_04.jpg (559KB, 1353x1894px) Image search: [Google]
ASM500_04.jpg
559KB, 1353x1894px
Are you trying to say you hate him?
I get the hate for Sins of the past and one more day, but neither of those were completely his fault.
Other than those two stories, his run is the definitive Spider-man run for me personally. I get other people not liking it because of the totem stuff though.
>>
>>79829988
is it just a baseball cap or do you full on sombrero JMS?
>>
>>79830155
>Back in Black
it was out of character nonsense
>>
>>79830166
He wrote the GOAT Peter/MJ. Completely succeeded in making me invested in their relationship.
>>
>>79830166
>his run is the definitive Spider-man run for me personally.
how? it was completely different to most Spiderman stories, new/magical villains with no characterization

Slotts run is closer to what he is all about
>>
>>79830405
>Out of character
Confirmed for never reading Spidey.
>>
>>79830405
In what way is Back in Black out of character? Peter going on a beserk rampage is completely justified.
>>
>>79830469
It was too brutal/cruel and he felt nothing when that man died
>>
>>79830540
In his definitive arc he literally says ''They deserve dying, but it's not in my hands, so I will save them.''
>>
>>79830585
>They deserve dying
>>
>>79830654
''If this be my destiny''

Read it, faggy.
>>
>>79830540
>It was too brutal/cruel
His aunt who was basically his mother was shot with a bullet that was meant for him, and almost brain-dead. He was absolutely justified in kicking the shit out of all those people, and it was completely in character.
>>
File: peterandmj.jpg (642KB, 1273x2012px) Image search: [Google]
peterandmj.jpg
642KB, 1273x2012px
>>79830427
Tell me about it. It's why MJ and Peter will always be the perfect pairing for me.
>>79830452
Slott used to write some pretty good stuff (I mean, Antivenom was a fantastic idea), starting from Superior, his writing has gone to shit. He still has moments, but I really can't stand him. He writes MJ so badly, and what the hell was that crazy town banana pants garbage?
>>
>>79830705
>He was absolutely justified in kicking the shit out of all those people
like he did to the robber in amazing fantasy?
>>
>>79830741
>starting from Superior
I meant upto issue #700 and his issues from Gaunlet and BND

The current stuff is just bad
>>
Deny it or not, Spider-Man is one of the most brutal heroes. Even more brutal than Batman.
>>
>>79830760
Completely different context, go read the story. Peter was slapping that man's shit before he saw his face and realized just how hard he fucked up by letting him escape earlier. Plus, he was fucking 15.
>>
>>79830452
>Slotts run is closer to what he is all about
Slott turned Peter into a complete joke that is more like a shitty parody than any of Peter's past characterizations. In fact, Slott cannot into any kind of characterization, all his characters are unbelievably dull, his dialogue is awful and character moments are mostly non-existent.

Slott's run is all the depth of Panini UK Spider-Man comics with none of the entertainment value.
>>
File: bestspiderman2.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
bestspiderman2.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>79830540
That's what happens when you get Peter actually mad. He starts letting loose. What did he do after Gwen died? He went after the Goblin hard.
>>
>>79830882
>character moments are mostly non-existent.
Ock admitting Peter was the Superior Spider-man
Think t
>>
File: Webspinners 11-19.jpg (195KB, 950x1454px) Image search: [Google]
Webspinners 11-19.jpg
195KB, 950x1454px
>>79830741
>tfw Spider-Man writers used to care about characterizations and fleshing out characters
I want those times back, Spider-Man is unreadable nowadays.
>>
>>79830155
Back in Black was the last good Spider-Man story.
>>
>>79830964
Laughably bad scene from a laughably bad comic.
>>
File: basedpeter.jpg (220KB, 802x1223px) Image search: [Google]
basedpeter.jpg
220KB, 802x1223px
>>79830800
That's fair. Those were pretty great. Loved the Rhino gauntlet story.
But I still like JMS' stories better. It went from very big threats like Morlun to having Peter just help some kids from the school he worked at.
>>
>>79830905
I remember him not giving a single fuck about Harry while he was in sick bed because of Gwen. He was almost going to kill Kraven in KLH. He is the best character in fiction in my opinion. Literally What If: Elliot Rodger Got Superpowers.

Only boyscout I don't care about killing someone. I wish he did that more often.

>>79830964
Someone should post that edit. ''I also fucked a midget.''
>>
>>79831046
*Spider-Man: Fever
FTFY
>>
>>79831048
>Morlun
that was the best story from the run for me, don't like it generally because of how he didn't honor existing villains
>>
>>79831085
Waid's novel was also good.
>>
>>79829988
I sort of really shoe him.
Sometimes I also bermuda shorts him.
>>
>>79831058
becaue he is a realistic and relatable boy scout.
He is a good person, but he has his breaking point. And it's a breaking point we all can relate to.
It's incredibly difficult to push him to his breaking point, and he has the strenght to come back, but it make him a dynamic and multifaceted character, rather than most other boy scout characters who are stuck as symbolic representations and thus have only one facet to ttheir character and if they stray from it they become evil. See batman, superman, captain amerca to a cerain extent.
Spiderman is actually interesting because being a boy scout is not a narrative cage defining and trapping his character, but his personality.
>>
>>79830405
Maybe for Ditko/Lee but he's reacted like this since at least the Conway days.
>>
>>79830405
You need to read The Night Gwen Stacy Died.
>>
Was JMS responsible for Gwen boning Norman and the Goblin twins? Because if so, hoo boy
>>
>>79832467
Editorial. JMS was going to make Peter the father.
>>
>>79830405
>if this character doesn't act the way I want him to then it's OOC

Blow me chose
>>
>>79831694
>boy scout characters who are stuck as symbolic representations and thus have only one facet to ttheir character and if they stray from it they become evil

It's not that they'll "become evil" it's that they'll stop being what they are. Which is: perfect role models. That's what Superman and Cap (most the time) are. Like Jesus. They aren't mean to be relatable or realistic, but examples to follow. Ideals to strive for.
Spiderman, on the other hand, is someone who strives towards that ideal. He's a realistic portrayal of an actual good, heroic person. The possibility of failure is an integral part of his character. Spiderman tries to be a good person, Cap and Supes embody the perfect ideal of a good person.

Batman isn't really a boy scout at all. He is largely defined by the fact that he isn't a boy scout. He's scary, violent. Dark. If he didn't have a rule against killing, he wouldn't be a hero. He needs to have that line he will not cross. Plus, most of his villains are normal, quite easily killed, people, if he did kill them he'd run out.
>>
>>79831796
>Maybe for Ditko/Lee

see >>79830704
or rather the page here
>>
File: amazing_spider-man_v1_n31-p07.jpg (290KB, 1007x1503px) Image search: [Google]
amazing_spider-man_v1_n31-p07.jpg
290KB, 1007x1503px
>>79833883
Forgot image
>>
I really hate...lamp...
>>
>>79831694
>He is a good person, but he has his breaking point. And it's a breaking point we all can relate to.
So Peter is Killing Joke Joker?
>>
>>79832640

And then he went and made Norman when they said no.
>>
>>79834988
no. joker is a caricature of a character. if a guy goes crazy mad at the people who killed a person he loved and murders them horribly he doesn't turn into a cackling maniacal serial killer.
And everyone would get angry enough to want to kill the people who killed our loved ones.
the whole dynamic of batman and joker i idiotic and autistic
>>
>>79830166

I've found every JMS comic I've read to just be boring. BiB included.
>>
>>79831139
what Waid novel?
>>
>>79830812
>That last part of "Grim Hunt"
>Spidey gives Kraven's wife five across the face
>rips said face off with the barbs
crazy shit
>>
>>79833491
>That's what Superman and Cap (most the time) are. Like Jesus. They aren't mean to be relatable or realistic, but examples to follow. Ideals to strive for.
that's why they are shit.
>aren't mean to be relatable or realistic, but examples to follow.
those 2 things are contradictory.An example to follow is someone who has the same weaknesses as us, th same doubts as us, the same faults as us, and can rise above them. Perfect idealistic representations aren't for inspiration, they are for reassurance for infantilistic minds.
>Batman isn't really a boy scout at all. He's scary, violent. Dark.
it's all teathrics. behind that he's the most boy scout of all, with his absurd dualistic mentality so that if you were to kill someone in a rage because he had murdered and raped your parents and children then you'll be just as bad as them and you can never do good again.

tl:dr batman superman captain america are for those who don't want to grow up and wish they had someone who always knows the right thing to do to guide them and take control.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>79837205
>They are perfect idealistic representations aren't for inspiration, they are for reassurance for infantilistic minds.
>it's all teathrics. behind that he's the most boy scout of all,
>>
>>79830166
Pretty sure OMD was ghostwritten by Quesada.
>>
>>79830905
This story broke my heart because even though Teresa wasn't his biological sister he was still willing to have her as his sister but sadly she didn’t remember him
>>
>>79840380
I thought the same thing anon, lol.
>>
>>79830166
JMS was good, not only did je write a solid Peter and MJ but his Aunt May was the best and I liked how he finally got rid of the May not knowing Peter is Spider-Man shit.

His run was also the last time I really enjoyed a Spidey comic.
>>
>>79831046

Spider Island, Superior Spider-man.

That's it.
>>
>>79841361

This. I keep liking Bendis Ultimate Spiderman until Peter's death.

(Millar's MK was great too.)
>>
>>79841982
MK was definitely one of the essential Stormin' Normie stories.
>>
>>79841182
I hope we get more stories with her. It was really interesting, and I think it would provide a new dynamic between spidey and a supporting character
>>
>>79841515
Nice meme
>>
>>79830427
Yeah, JMS really nailed the idea that Spider-Man could succeed. He got the girl, he got the respect of other heroes around him, but the stakes were still high. I understand the appeal in writing the character with the melodramatic "Parker luck" that Slott and so many others write him with, but JMS wasn't afraid to write Peter with goals to aspire to and dreams to live.

Fuck, the Peter, MJ, and Aunt May dynamic was perfect. Spider-Man finally grew up and achieved something.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.